Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Ospreys Suggestions And Direction Wf Is On

Quazar123

Well, let me preface this by first saying how much I have enjoyed and played this game.

I started back just as/after update 6 was released, then played consistently until just a few months or so before "The Cicero Crisis". I am a master founder and have put alot of money into the game outside of the founder pack as well.

I was enjoying warframe more then I had in a long time just before this event, I was even enjoying the event.

Then i went to a infested defense mission to farm some credits and xp, this is what i think of the Mutalist Ospreys after running quite a few defense missions with them on it.

Infested Defense with the Mutalist Ospreys is currently very irritating.

They do however start spawning eariler then any other osprey who normally don't spawn till at least wave 5.

I have no problem with the damage they do it is rather high but can be avoided.

I have no problem with the speed they fly around makes them a little hard to hit but still easily managable.( and fun at times)

I do however have a problem with there horrible pathing as i am having to go out and find the ones that are stuck every wave.

I do have a problem that they do not seem to be affected by vortex at all.

Mostly the pathing is an issue.

Ok

HMM that has to be the sortest responce I have ever had on a post before, but basically I just wanted to get my opinion out there. As i was about to get the 200$ pack of plat and decided not to because my favorite game type has gotten anoying.

One thing I would like added on the Ospreys is to maybe give them a unique sound right before they charge, similar to the way Oxium Ospreys distinctly screech right before doing their suicide run. It would alert any cautious players to an impending rush and only the careless will get caught.

Also, perhaps the toxic clouds could have an audible hiss whenever you get near them as a warning to stay away. Right now their fart gas is silent, but deadly. And everyone knows that's the worst kind!

Otherwise I agree with the OP's sentiments, especially about the pathing issue. Any thoughts on giving them more distinct sounds?

One thing I would like added on the Ospreys is to maybe give them a unique sound right before they charge, similar to the way Oxium Ospreys distinctly screech right before doing their suicide run. It would alert any cautious players to an impending rush and only the careless will get caught.

Also, perhaps the toxic clouds could have an audible hiss whenever you get near them as a warning to stay away. Right now their fart gas is silent, but deadly. And everyone knows that's the worst kind!

Otherwise I agree with the OP's sentiments, especially about the pathing issue. Any thoughts on giving them more distinct sounds?

I agree with the distinct sounds bit as well, Personally I just don't feel they fit the theme of the infested.

I enjoyed the various themes the different factions had previously which recently has become very blurred.

The Grineer was the Heavily armored group that had the tendency to troll you with rollers or knock you downs, making them have a beefier feel to them.

The Corpus was a quick moving shielded long range swarm that would snipe you if you stayed still too long.

The infested Were a swarm you with numbers (unless you keep the high ground) enemy that could poision and disrupt you.

But like i said those lines are being blurred, with the special units that insta zap all energy even through walls sometimes, it makes the old disrupter look easy.

I agree with the distinct sounds bit as well, Personally I just don't feel they fit the theme of the infested.

Glad you like the idea of an audible cue/warning.

I'm guessing you mean the Ospreys themselves don't fit the theme of the infested? Sorry for the confusion. At first I thought you meant the idea of a distinct sound didn't fit their theme. Cause even the Ancients will pause and roar at you occasionally. 

Also, perhaps they can get pulled into Vortex when they're idly hovering over it, but they can escape it with their charge attack?

Glad you like the idea of an audible cue/warning.

I'm guessing you mean the Ospreys themselves don't fit the theme of the infested? Sorry for the confusion. At first I thought you meant the idea of a distinct sound didn't fit their theme. Cause even the Ancients will pause and roar at you occasionally. 

Also, perhaps they can get pulled into Vortex when they're idly hovering over it, but they can escape it with their charge attack?

That seems to be what the ospreys in corpus maps have happen when in a vortex, not sure as I don't really use vuaban on a corpus defense as its not the best choice.