Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Osprey Feedback

Taletreader

Hello Ladies and Gentleman... I have came here today to give my feedback about thouse little flying pesky toxic Ospreys...

I hope some of the Devs read this.

Well, in fact, I DID like the new Infested, the Mutalist Osprey, but... there are some issues I have with him.

MutalistOspreyCodex.png

Please, keep in mind that these are my humble opinions

Now, look at this video :

Issues :

1 - It is too fast. Sure, infested are "fast", but I guess it's kinda difficult to fly/hover with a bulge on your wing.

Solution : Slow him down, just a little bit or maybe make him kinda "fail" his hovering, something like an airplane turbulence or stalling.

2 - It got too much health for an Infested Osprey.
Solution ; Reduce his health by a little bit. The Mine Osprey has "100 robotic" and "50 shield", while the Mustalist Osprey, which, based on the wings color, I suppose it is a Mine Osprey, it also carries the Crawlers like the Mine Osprey carries the Mines. Back on topic, it has "250 infested flesh", It would make more sense if it was something like "100 infested flesh" and "100 robotic".

3 - It's attack is too strong, that poisonous trail can kill almost all frames if not careful.

Solution : Change the way it attacks. 1 - By adding a "cooldown" to it's ability. 2 - Changing his ability to something like the Oxium Osprey, flying into something, but not exploding, but leaving a gas bubble where it hit. 3 - Change it to deploy toxic mines, like I said, it looks like the Mine Osprey. 4 - Reduce the size of his toxic trail.

4 - They are too many! If not dealt quickly, the whole room can be filled with toxin.

Solution : Simply reduce it's spawn rate. Same or bit lower than the Ancient Healer or the Lobber Crawler.

5 - Make it drop better mods.

Solution : I'm not asking for an extremely powerful and most rare of the mods... but... metal auger? At least some Toxic mods.

6 - They are silent and deadly.

Solution : I saw a great suggestion from XenosInfinity, how about giving it sounds?

There is one thing that could use its own sound effect, or at least something to make it stand out enough to be a warning.

Having seen all the complaints about the gas clouds from the Mutalist Ospreys, I wonder if the easiest way to make them slightly less lethal would be to add some sort of screech as a battlecry before they divebomb you. I believe the Oxium Ospreys have a unique sound effect right before they start their suicide attack, and the Mutalists seem to be based on them, so it's a little disconcerting to suddenly get hit in the back by something you didn't hear coming which can do far more damage than the Oxium variant. The actual damage from the cloud is much easier to deal with if you have a chance to get out of the way first, and it's less of a sucker punch if you realise there's an attack coming and fail to dodge it rather than just getting hit without warning.

~x~

I guess that's it for now, maybe I can add or change something in the future.

Thank you for giving me your attention.

~ Francis Taletreader

Edited by xFrancis

The Mutalist Osprey are completely Broken right now.  Even if you're in a totally OP tank frame completely maxed out, you don't stand a chance.  I'm Mastery 12, totally potatoed level 30 frames, the moment those things get near me and ANYONE during any slightly higher level mission, we're instantly dead.  The entirety of whatever mission is comprised of almost nothing but reviving the others.  It's almost impossible to dodge these little chem-trailers because they're flying over you with a gas weapon I can only guess is a cone based hit detection.  Right now, these little bastards are more OP than Despair and the original Eviscerators combined.  That is just plain broken.

The Mutalist Osprey are completely Broken right now.  Even if you're in a totally OP tank frame completely maxed out, you don't stand a chance.  I'm Mastery 12, totally potatoed level 30 frames, the moment those things get near me and ANYONE during any slightly higher level mission, we're instantly dead.  The entirety of whatever mission is comprised of almost nothing but reviving the others.  It's almost impossible to dodge these little chem-trailers because they're flying over you with a gas weapon I can only guess is a cone based hit detection.  Right now, these little bastards are more OP than Despair and the original Eviscerators combined.  That is just plain broken.

I have a well built tank rhino frame, and these damn osprey's poison trails cut right through my iron skin and devastate my health with criminal ease. I don't care if everything else about the mutalist ospreys remain exactly the same... Just nerf the damn poison charge.

And as a Rage-Valkyr user, I can say I'm fine with them. In other words, when 3 guys go down, guess who gets them up again?

Yeah, ever since the event started, I've been Valkyr.  Yay, I get to be a healer the ENTIRE time.  One after another, everybody in any infested alert for over 10,000 cred drops like flies when they start doing their poison charge and let out a massive fart cloud and I get to spend the entire span of my time reviving them all over and over ad nauseum.  AWESOME.  Like the last guy said, just nerf the damn poison charge for the love a gawd, please. PLEASE?!