Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Persistent Corpus Laserdoors with no camera in sight

Mimterest

I just ran into this problem again so I decided to make a post about it. Sometimes on Corpus maps, there are laser doors that are active in combat without a camera, or with a camera that can not be seen, not on 4:3 at least. Yesterday for example, I was playing with my cousin, and I was separated from him by a laser wall, and I spent minutes trying to look for the source, and it was not on the other side of the barrier either (I'm used to sniping cameras through laser walls by now).

Just now, my poor Rank 5 Ember was stuck in a room which was the next room from Spawn, I couldn't find a camera anywhere, only a turret in the room I was in. I figured maybe it's the Corpus enemies holding the alarm up somehow, I'll go back to the start and lure them out here. ZAP. Oh for.. I'll go in the storage closet then! ZAP. every door was blocked by a laser barrier and I couldn't get out. It made for a very frustrating experience <.< I had to forfeit.

A thing I've also noticed, is that in a game with multiple players when someone is further along (or slower than you and is in an earlier part of the map), them triggering a camera will also trap you where you can't shoot the camera since you're not even being detected, this happens at least if you're not too far away.

Edited by Mimterest

As a temporary work around for this, I find having a Volt use overload can clear any camera in a very large radius, and in every instance this has happened has gotten me free, I'm not sure about other frames but any large indiscriminite AOE should work.

This is commonly caused by a camera activating behind a locked door, for me anyway, only way to disable it was to either hope you get access beyond the door and destroy it or hope it shuts off.

Has been reported a few times already in the bug sections.