Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammo drops: A suggestion to potentially improve the game

Mimterest

Ammo drops are great in the sense they make you play smarter and not just spray mindlessly, I believe it's good that the game has limited ammo. However, the balance between ammo efficiency of all guns is completely broken as it is now. There's a simple way to fix this:

Gun type based ammo amounts (rough examples):

Automatic high RoF weapons: 50-75 ammo per drop

Semi-auto rifles/pistols: 15-25 ammo per drop

shotguns/snipers 10-20 ammo per drop

Guns like Furis, Gorgon and Braton eat through ammo like candy, yet they receive the same amount of ammo as Latron and Burston, making Latron and Burston able to go on forever while spamming away, and Braton and Gorgon to run out of ammo even if you conserve it. The same works with BOAR vs Strun, or Furis vs Lex for example. This rough idea of how to change the ammo drop system could potentially greatly improve gameplay.

Also it would be nice if they made the ammo drops distinguishable on the ground so you don't have to run over them to see what ammo type it is.

Different colors or different shapes maybe

Edited by Zenhon

I've only played the first 2-3 missions and I played them solo. I didn't "spray and pray". I took cover and semi-auto'd every headshot I could possibly get including using the sword as much as possible yet I was still nearly out of ammo to the point of it being a concern to me being able to finish the missions. Coloring the Ammo "light" to represent types like they do in Borderlands would be a welcome change. Regarding the amount of ammo, if they intend to make it a scare commodity they should add tips to the game that encourage the buying of ammo boxes. I like the idea of not having essentially unlimited ammo like most games these days but at the same point in its current state the game seems almost bugged with the sheer volume of shotgun and sniper ammo Ive seen in my first playthroughs.

Edited by oGsShadow