The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Unit Ahead! 1000 Posts, Get Ready For A Text Wall!

Marshall

Hello, world!

What an honour for me to speak to an international audience :D

I heard you are eager to learn more about the famous TRSS.

Well then, my children! Sit down and listen to my stories.

When I got my first personal computer, I did not get in touch with the Internet very much. Instead, I wanted to know

how I could use it for creating visual art since I am an avid drawer and artist.
My parents ply a media business what made it easy for them to get me programs like Photoshop (image editing),
Coreldraw (vector editing) and Cinema 4D (3d modelling). For this purpose, you need a decent machine to run
such software, especially 3D stuff. At this time, I had no idea that I could run cool video games with this thing.

Some years later, we got an Internet connection at home (previously my parents used it only for business at
their working place) what granted me access to a new world: Media whenever I need it! Music, images, videos,
etc etc. That was awesome for me because I didn't need to get magazines to do.... certain stuff, you know.

As I spent time on browsing the web, I found advertisement for various online games. I really wanted to know
what it is like to play against actual humans so I needed to download such a game. The ones that looked like
you could shoot enemies in the head were kinda attractive to me. The problem was that most titles of well
known publishers cost a lot of money and need confirmation of age in my country in order to allow downloading
a copy... The search for free to play titles was born.

Quake Live, man! My first online multiplay shooter! I will never forget it :D It was playable in Firefox with a plugin ^^
I liked the challenge, everything was fast paced and required quick reaction. Really cool was the fact that
nobody is overpowered nor underpowered because you bascially have the same gear.
Of course I sucked at the beginning, had a horrible kill to death ratio. But I didn't care because simply playing
was pure entertainment for me.

After some months, it got pretty dull to me. I wondered if I could get closer to realistic shooters. This was the
moment when my adventure began. Uberstrike, Global Agenda, Brickforce, Warsow, Firefall, Ghost Recon Online,
Blacklight Retribution, and many other games followed until I found Tribes Ascend which is one of the best AAA
free to play titles I have ever seen!

I spent a lot of time with Tribes Ascend until I needed something new and more unique. Guess what it was:
"Warframe" Wow, amazing title, huh? Who cares? Download it!

The art was astonishing, the movement system felt natural and there were worlds to explore! I don't care much

about lore but Warframe's one is interesting, the clash between the main factions is kinda enjoyable.

This was one year and four months ago, during Update 6 in the Closed Beta. Amazing how quickly time has
passed!

Anyway, every game has its bugs and stuff and some day I had a severe networking issue so I found out that
there is staff support for this game and also these forums.

I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

People chatting all across, fan art everywhere, community events, live streams, pre-release information, etc etc
:O This website totally got me.

I experienced the major up and downs of this game, posted various reports about bugs/glitches, shared my fan
art - simply became an active member. Now that Update 14 is around the corner and I got 1000 posts, I thought

it was overdue to let you guys know a
bit more about me.

I avoid sharing information about my real world identity. The Internet is not a safe place for such data. Though,
I like to contribute to a good atmosphere in our community :D

I have my hopes and dreams for Warframe itself, one of them is that it becomes more of a competitive game
because the lack of player versus player environment makes me sad.
Due to the story you just read, you can understand that having an Internet connection is special for me and I
don't see the point of playing against artificial intelligence enemies if I have the chance to play against actual
intelligent opponents online.
Besides of that, Warframe is very awesome!

At least, you are a bit mor familiar with me now if you read through this wall of text.

thanks for your time!

Another intro on the 1000th post! Did exactly the same thing yesterday, so you confused me a bit when I thought I saw my post still in recent topics after more than 12 hours... 

How nice to get a thorough backstory on another mysterious entity of our little community! 'twas a pleasant read. :)

I find it curious how different our backgrounds in games are, before we ended up here. Myself? I played the Devil May Cry series before ending up here. Yeah, only. Constantly. For 12 years.

Anyways, nice to "meet" you!

@ConcretePie

thank you very much for the appreciation :D yeah I just checked the introductions section and saw your topic, nice to meet you too ^.^

I guess you are a bit older than the average (..."playing DMC for 12 years")? anyway I was born in 1995, 19 years old now, beyond average for these online games xP have played on the first Playstation :D stuff like Digimon World or Soccer simulators were so cool back then :O

@ConcretePie

thank you very much for the appreciation :D yeah I just checked the introductions section and saw your topic, nice to meet you too ^.^

I guess you are a bit older than the average (..."playing DMC for 12 years")? anyway I was born in 1995, 19 years old now, beyond average for these online games xP have played on the first Playstation :D stuff like Digimon World or Soccer simulators were so cool back then :O

Fun fact, I'm born in late '95, making me 18 years old. So, yes, I've been playing those beautiful hack and slash titles of madness since the age of 6 on my first PS2.. Wow, that's kinda bad... But these days, the HD collection for my 360 will suffice.

When people speak of all the games they played in their youth, I kinda feel like I missed something, only spending my time on ONE title, though..

Oh, wait, I am derailing your introduction, aren't I? 

I am derailing your introduction, aren't I? 

nah, mate! I am totally fine with it, this is what the introductions section is here for :D

about gaming in my childhood.... one day my dad smashed the playstation one so I didn't have anything cool to play with for years! that was 2005 I guess, and later in 2009 I got my current machine. it runs Battlefield 3 at 20 frames per second on 1024*768 pixels cuz I never upgraded it xP

3rd paragraph... God dang BecomelikeWater

fun fact: BecomeLikeWater and me where born on the same day, we are basically soul mates :D and are good friends now.

and some fellas actually hit me on in-game like "hey, you are trss, I know you from the forums!" so... :3

Hah I like this kind of dedication, 1000 post is just insane! I've been playing this game for quite a while and I follow the forum regularly but I'm quite reluctant to posting in forums (yeah shy even on the internet). 

Anyways, welcome to warframe =P

btw 18 and 19 old is beyond average? now I feel ancient!

Hah I like this kind of dedication, 1000 post is just insane!

Once I will get employed I won't have much time for gaming anymore, I enjoy my freedom as long as possible but I need to earn my money just like anybody else, right.

btw 18 and 19 old is beyond average? now I feel ancient!

Once I read about survey which said that average is like 15 or something. Was some time ago though and is different for every country of course ^^