Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shared and Non-Shared Drops - Affinity/Mastery

Arcalane

So, as far as I can tell, every ammo/credit/material/blueprint drop is shared, and weapon mods are random but everyone gets one when the mod is picked up, but mastery/affinity drops from the vertical canisters are not shared.

This has two issues as I see it;

1) It seems somewhat counterintuitive if you've figured out that everything else is shared. It also favours whoever runs ahead smashing the most canisters for mastery/affinity drops, which is also bad.

2) The whole Affinity/Mastery system sounds like it should be earned from levelling up your weapons and warframes, not from random and arbitrary canister drops. Again, counterintuitive.

It also favours whoever runs ahead smashing the most canisters for mastery/affinity drops, which is also bad.

That's half the fun in playing Gauntlet Legends or Champions of Norrath though. It's a "feature".

Clearly what we need is for canisters to have grim reapers randomly popping out of them to kill people for being greedy jerks and rushing ahead of the team.

I'd also like to petition for more lotus voice acting lines: "Volt needs food badly!"

2) The whole Affinity/Mastery system sounds like it should be earned from levelling up your weapons and warframes, not from random and arbitrary canister drops. Again, counterintuitive.

I'd be up for having them drop off bosses and be shared throughout the group. Amount determined by difficulty of boss. It would keep players playing the bosses and farming materials/blueprints for people who wanted them. People need an incentive to repeat boss content so people can get the loot they want.

Edited by MegatechBody

Credits are shared.

Materials and mods are available for everyone but individually picked up. I consider it common curtesy to way point any mods or resources you see so everyone grabs a hold of them

Ammo isn't shared which is fine but I would love it if it was simplified into primary and secondary ammo so we don't end up with situations where everone but the guy who bought a shotgun is screwed.

Affinity does give XP to equipment, not sure if it does to everyone but it also progresses your Tenno rank. I'd prefer to see this shared with the party rather than whoever grabs it first. Tenno ranks are pretty important.