Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Mod System Suggestion

Phobose

Forgive me if this has been already suggested in some way or another,

A while ago I looked at someone's thread on some UI modifications he had made as an application to Digital Extremes.

He had proposed mod slots that were to be unlocked Via Mastery Rank.

I've been thinking about that quite a bit as of late.

with my builds on my frames having extra mod capacity and such and the complaint of certain warframe mods being "bandaid" mods i think I've come up with a possible solution.

Utility Mod Slots

tBVo6gq.jpg

These Slots are similar in a way to Aura mod Cards with the restriction of Utility mods but Cost mod points to install.

Mods such as the following in my opinion would be considered Utility.

Acrobat

Antitoxin

Diamond Skin

Enemy Sense

Fast Deflection

Flame Repellent

Fortitude

Handspring

Insulation

Lightning Rod

Master Thief

Warm Coat

Thief's Wit

As Scott had said in Devstream 31, some of these mods are there to help people with specific situations.

I'd let DE consider if the utility slot should be 1 or 2 slots if they ever find this idea of interest.

Consider yourself unlucky and constantly get the Ice biohazard all the time? That new Tileset shown in Devstream 31 has a permanent cold biohazard affecting your shields? Pop a Warm Coat into your utility slot.

Going the long run in an infested missions? Throw in Anti-toxin with Handspring.

Getting burnt to a crisp by Napalms and Scorchers? Flame repellent.

Open to suggestions and criticism. let forth your opinion Tenno.

Edited by Phobose

I think that this would be great!  Unlock Mastery 4 and Mastery 8 (I'm Mastery 6 so not for my benefit).   Other theory (Don't hate me people) slots unlock by Forma...  Mastery rank is preferred for me though..

I'd say any "bandaid" mods should be allowed there, but you should only be able to equip the polarity that is there, and you can not forma the Polarities of utility mod slots.

Small UI note: They shouldn't be added side by side like in your picture, but on top of each other.  Slight extra space between 8 normal slots and these 2 to seperate them as utility mods

Edited by (PS4)killerbunny53

Forgive me if this has been already suggested in some way or another,

A while ago I looked at someone's thread on some UI modifications he had made as an application to Digital Extremes.

He had proposed mod slots that were to be unlocked Via Mastery Rank.

I've been thinking about that quite a bit as of late.

with my builds on my frames having extra mod capacity and such and the complaint of certain warframe mods being "bandaid" mods i think I've come up with a possible solution.

Utility Mod Slots

tBVo6gq.jpg

These Slots are similar in a way to Aura mod Cards with the restriction of Utility mods but Cost mod points to install.

Mods such as the following in my opinion would be considered Utility.

Acrobat

Antitoxin

Diamond Skin

Enemy Sense

Fast Deflection

Flame Repellent

Fortitude

Handspring

Insulation

Lightning Rod

Master Thief

Warm Coat

Thief's Wit

As Scott had said in Devstream 31, some of these mods are there to help people with specific situations.

I'd let DE consider if the utility slot should be 1 or 2 slots if they ever find this idea of interest.

Consider yourself unlucky and constantly get the Ice biohazard all the time? That new Tileset shown in Devstream 31 has a permanent cold biohazard affecting your shields? Pop a Warm Coat into your utility slot.

Going the long run in an infested missions? Throw in Anti-toxin with Handspring.

Getting burnt to a crisp by Napalms and Scorchers? Flame repellent.

Open to suggestions and criticism. let forth your opinion Tenno.

I like 2 slots, but for balance probably only 1 would be added