Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Do I Get My Weekend/48Ish Hours Back? >405 Runs

-XeqtR

The implication that the flaw wasn't pretty much out in the open is absurd. Anybody who was able to solo a best of 405 or higher would have been aware of this flaw, which is, actually quite a few people.

That said, using this to gain an advantage is to a degree exploiting.

However, DE has failed to fix said problem completely and has simply placed a bandaid on a gaping hole in the flesh.

Have you ever tried fixing an script? at least the most basic one from Visual Basic on C++?

You can't simply rewrite everything in the blink on an eye- plus they are (still) working on U14. At least they got the band aid out- and you should rly try to be on their shoes at least once and not just thinking (defending) the exploiters.

You know y they kept it low? It was bc the banhammer was on a rampage, but even tho SOME people exploited it massively. That's y they had to release the "band aid".

True, but the events have done it to an even greater degree than the general game does.  You can take a break from the grind of warframe, but if you actually care about the leader boards you're not really given that option.

Calling a 48+ hour grind hard work/competition/dedication is a stretch.  When you're losing sleep over a video game you've stepped past mere dedication and more into the realm of having a problem.  The fact that warbros still  hasn't learned their lesson after having had points slashed for exploits in two previous events (something any rational group of people would recognize) illustrates this pretty well imo.  There has to be a way for clans to compete with actual skill rather than no lifeing.

If an event has a straight way for our members to just grind, we will do that. Like the pasts events were your score was the total number of enemy's you killed or how many missions you ran. We like those events because it's clear and simple what the goal is. It's obvious that DE isn't ready for events that have more complex rules than "Kill X number of this enemy." Or "Complete this mission for points." Because they somehow manage to screw that up. If they don't fix the bugs that will directly effect the event, they shouldn't host the event. Just keep pumping out more weapons and stances, people will forget all about the bugs and the lack of content eventually.

If you put point caps on these events you know what that means? That you might as well just give the first place to whatever clan has the most members log in on the day of the event.

You ran through an empty map dodging immobile toxin clouds and made a 30 second run through no atmosphere with 5 minutes of health.

Sohardcore.jpg

Think that there was a real difference between the lvl 500 mobs, the lvl 5000 mobs, and the 9999 mobs? Nope, all of em will 1 shot you with poison. So why is it so hard for DE to just let people keep fighting against god mode enemy's for more points?

You're really missing the point here.

If you put point caps on these events you know what that means? That you might as well just give the first place to whatever clan has the most members log in on the day of the event.

^ Totally agree-

(or even who recruits most- *cough*Tethra's Doom*cough*)

lol yeah lets play a mission that its empty and act like we are not using an exploit and is suppose to work like that you knew it was an exploit you decided to keep using it you lost your score go cry somewhere else it doesn't matter if its been in the game for ages cause no one really gets that high you decided to do a ton of missions that had no spawns it was obvious you were going to lose points  

Think that there was a real difference between the lvl 500 mobs, the lvl 5000 mobs, and the 9999 mobs? Nope, all of em will 1 shot you with poison. So why is it so hard for DE to just let people keep fighting against god mode enemy's for more points?

You're really missing the point here.

That would be a valid argument, however stop to think: How did these people get to such levels of enemies to fight?

6 words: They didn't fight. They used Loki.

Build Loki entirely to invisibility and you get about 31 seconds of ability duration. Equip with energy siphon and team energy restores and throw 4 of these Lokis into the map. If all use bows/throwing weapons enemies never get alerted throughout the entire run.

Rinse and repeat until mobs hit 9999 and stop spawning entirely.

Edited by Ionus

Yes, the thing they released a prime access pack for just in time for the event.

You can do the "loki" technique several different ways.

Without having a loki, you can just use rhino with an efficient stomp.

Without having a loki or rhino you can just use an excalibur set to blind.

Without having a loki, rhino, or excalibur, you can use a nyx set to mass chaos and then mind control a healing ancient.

Without having any of these you could just use a vauban and have vortex or bastille in key locations to lock down the infested while you walked

Or you know, you could just equip a shade.

Don't pretend that this is just "Lel dey ezmoded and no one else could do it without loki"

Technique for dealing with high level mobs did not change. The fact that they had a method of doing so is irrelevant. 

Hell if you really wanted to have maximum survivability, you could just as easily use a quick thinking energy regen setup to increase your longevity on any frame. And then equip shade.

The list of "bypassing enemies who have scaled beyond killing ranges" is pretty big.

Which once again making an event that relied on scaling mobs seems like a mistake as, with the logic tossed around here, its discriminating against people who have no warframe capable of dealing with those situations

Edited by Nariala

I never said it gave you any sort of advantage against other players, I frankly don't care. I care even less about why you spent hours and hours of your life without running into any enemies, if it was personal glory or for your clan to have a trophy or whatever. In fact, you never really countered my own argument, just ran in circles about how you were doing what all the other top players were doing.

That argument is really really poor for doing what you did, at any rate. Everyone else did it, so if you really wanted to win, you'd have to do it to! Do you realize how much of the world runs on that same sort of argument? How much corruption and nastiness the world is plagued with because of that same mindset? The problem with the argument isn't that it's untrue, because y'know, you're right. If you wanted to win, the most rational choice would be to continue playing more and more and more and more despite not running into a single enemy along the way. Others were going to do it, and it's not like you intentionally messed with the coding, right? The problem is with the system itself, so you can't really be to blame for abusing it. And then...

Everyone else has that same mindset. Everyone else does the same exact thing, and you have a bunch of people trying to hit the top for whatever reason despite the fact that you haven't even really been doing anything for all those hours.

Anyways, if you really wanted your clan to get a trophy, you should have stopped at 405 or whatever and encouraged other members of your clan to hit that point and also stop, and once you'd hit that number where there was an obvious bug, you should have made a thread about it, talked about the potential exploit in detail, messaged the devs to confirm that this known bug was effecting the event, and hoped that they took the rational choice and cancelled out the scores of the players that went past the point at which enemies stopped spawning (which they did). If you had lost anyways, then you could have realized that it was Not A Big Deal and shrugged it off and continued playing Warframe however you like, because making a thread about losing is always lame and embarassing.

Comparing it to a real world scenario is comical. The amount of effort to do 400 or so missions just like me wouldn't have been hard and you would be in the same exact position of no enemy spawns. It's not like real world where there takes a lot of effort or corruptness to achieve this kind of thing. It's literally from playing too much that this happened. That's like saying that someone who gets overtime is at fault for getting 1.5x pay and that they took it because everyone else who worked overtime took it too.

You act like the competition became easy because there were no enemies? The competition was even, because everyone was competing in the same mission (with no enemies). Like I said ,it just turned into a speed grind. It's not an exploit if there isn't an unfair advantage to be had. In fact, the event could have just been made that way and it wouldn't have been much different from previous ones (mindless grind).

What I choose to do with my free time has no bearing on this. It's that I ran with a purpose towards what I was told. The instructions for the event said that it would go endless for clan leaderboards, so under those assumptions I ran endlessly. Changing the rules midway through doesn't justify it. I would have been 100% fine if they told us Friday, or Saturday that the leaderboards were going to be reset. Or even that the cap points were meant to be 405. Instead they waited till 5 minutes before to tell us that the last 4 days have all been for nothing.

Since you're going to compare this to a real world example - Look at it from a logical point outside of it being a "game". You work 12 hour days for 4 days. You get excited, your big pay check is coming right? Nope. Your boss decides that your pay is actually volunteer work. Wouldn't you feel like everything you did the last 4 days was for nothing? Just look at it logically, please. If you can honestly tell me that you wouldn't be upset over that, then I'll accept you must be of a much more patient person. Anything else and I'll accept that you know that it would be frustrating to waste so much time on something that turned into nothing - doesn't matter if it's a game or a job, doesn't take away the frustration factor, you can't deny that. 

If I were DE, I wouldn't fix what is not broken, the mob level cap. But instead will look for what tools are the players using to reach the impossible and nerf that.

Careful for what you ask, you might get a fix for this issue but totally not what you'd expect.

Yes, the thing they released a prime access pack for just in time for the event.

You can do the "loki" technique several different ways.

Without having a loki, you can just use rhino with an efficient stomp.

Without having a loki or rhino you can just use an excalibur set to blind.

Without having a loki, rhino, or excalibur, you can use a nyx set to mass chaos and then mind control a healing ancient.

Without having any of these you could just use a vauban and have vortex or bastille in key locations to lock down the infested while you walked

Or you know, you could just equip a shade.

Don't pretend that this is just "Lel dey ezmoded and no one else could do it without loki"

Technique for dealing with high level mobs did not change. The fact that they had a method of doing so is irrelevant. 

Hell if you really wanted to have maximum survivability, you could just as easily use a quick thinking energy regen setup to increase your longevity on any frame. And then equip shade.

The list of "bypassing enemies who have scaled beyond killing ranges" is pretty big.

Which once again making an event that relied on scaling mobs seems like a mistake as, with the logic tossed around here, its discriminating against people who have no warframe capable of dealing with those situations

I am aware of all the cheese methods that are possible, but all of them involve not fighting the enemies at all. At that point in the event when you hit level 500 enemies the average player will just give up trying to scratch anything that hits back. Loki is just the most obvious method.

I am aware of all the cheese methods that are possible, but all of them involve not fighting the enemies at all. At that point in the event when you hit level 500 enemies the average player will just give up trying to scratch anything that hits back. Loki is just the most obvious method.

I managed to do it with my waif- I mean... Valkyr.

Shade for the cloak and just avoid at all cost any enemy contact. With a Marelok at hand it was easy to get the tumors and the hives in one shot.

It was fun when you needed precision and expertise at fighting "Tag". Sadly "scalating enemies" weren't as good...

Im gonna bookmark this thread. And im gonna paste it all over the next event when people use the same exploit again, if it's applicable.

I'll cross reference the usual suspects complaining. I'd do with previous events, but I'm too lazy to search. someone else do it.

That would be a valid argument, however stop to think: How did these people get to such levels of enemies to fight?

Build Loki entirely to invisibility and you get about 31 seconds of ability duration. Equip with energy siphon and team energy restores and throw 4 of these Lokis into the map. If all use bows/throwing weapons enemies never get alerted throughout the entire run.

Rinse and repeat until mobs hit 9999 and stop spawning entirely.

That's my point. Why even cap the event if levels 200-9999 are the exact same? It seems arbitrary.

Clan ranking and scoring is not designed to cater to the individual/casual player.

Which is really the problem, many are attempting to demonize the clan meta behavior that has been encouraged by DE since the event systems inception. They didn't cheat you out of your reward, unless of course you where in the top five moon clans, you had No chance at that reward. Which is why its so confusing to see all this whiplash from people who aren't even participating in that race. 

Trying to sneak around perfectly, each time, when the first enemy who spots you is almost a promised auto kill is still fairly difficult in its own right. As any hit is instant death at that range some time before they stop spawning. 

They said endless potential so i played endless and after 400points no enemys and the Forum threats about no enemys got all deletet instand.

So i played more games because they said ENDLESS if the say endless why dont the try this endless first? And this bug was an old bug wich is 6month old. But i dont wanna flame them because The map is Awesome and i still play games on it :D

Trying to sneak around perfectly, each time, when the first enemy who spots you is almost a promised auto kill is still fairly difficult in its own right. As any hit is instant death at that range some time before they stop spawning. 

Yeah, but is that how this game was designed? I doubt it's even designed for us to see anything past 200..You're going into some crazy &#! Dark Souls meta style at this point. And that's cool. And if they kept scaling past 9999, I'd give you props, but I'd also suggest breaking free for a week or two, no need for a blood clot. You're like Captain Kirk, man, you're boldly going where no designer if this game has imagined anyone would see.

Clan ranking and scoring is not designed to cater to the individual/casual player.

Which is really the problem, many are attempting to demonize the clan meta behavior that has been encouraged by DE since the event systems inception. They didn't cheat you out of your reward, unless of course you where in the top five moon clans, you had No chance at that reward. Which is why its so confusing to see all this whiplash from people who aren't even participating in that race. 

I'm only laughing at the people complaining that they "wasted their weekends" grinding the event when they hit 405 on Friday and continued onward into obviously bugged territory, then demanding reparations.

I really don't care for the leader boards race.

Yeah, but is that how this game was designed? I doubt it's even designed for us to see anything past 200..You're going into some crazy @$$ Dark Souls meta style at this point. And that's cool. And if they kept scaling past 9999, I'd give you props, but I'd also suggest breaking free for a week or two, no need for a blood clot. You're like Captain Kirk, man, you're boldly going where no designer if this game has imagined anyone would see.

I would love to see Dark Souls level difficulty in this game. Instead of hoards of stupid enemies that take less damage as you progress, you have maybe a couple dozen smart enemies that only become more difficult by changing their behavior as you go on. I'd just want to know how that would play out.

Yeah, but is that how this game was designed? I doubt it's even designed for us to see anything past 200..You're going into some crazy @$$ Dark Souls meta style at this point. And that's cool. And if they kept scaling past 9999, I'd give you props, but I'd also suggest breaking free for a week or two, no need for a blood clot. You're like Captain Kirk, man, you're boldly going where no designer if this game has imagined anyone would see.

That is absurdly naive and unlikely.  DE team just forgot to address the scaling cap and got burned. 

"doubt its even designed"

"scoring has no cap in a competitive environment"

Yeah, you tell me no one saw that coming. 

Edited by Nariala

Because there has to be a scapegoat in every case. How convenient that a clan with most of it's veterans no longer playing is at hand.

I do have to say that I find it funny that the particular clan in question was able to do so well working with a skeleton crew.  Says a lot about their dedication for events.  

EDIT:

"I really don't care for the leader boards race"

So now that its not something you care about, that justifies the rest of it.

Has this thread derailed since it started? Last I checked all the uproar was about DE axing the scores and people who went beyond into "difficult" levels(fighting no enemies and eventually no enemies to begin with) and demanding they get credit for the "hard work."

With the breeding grounds event  and people literally  playing it till it broke and beyond ,

Then DE harshly setting a score cap , so that  from a player perspective it annihilated  all the work they did . 

how did  those naughty- exploiting  player they break the event ,  just   from playing it too much !

By setting the score cap  DE stopped the hard core claners  from playing at least on there own account . 

Changing the rules  mid contest  , destroys said contest , and calling people that  grinded beyond reason  who pushed the event beyond the breaking point exploiters is just punishing people for playing too much . 

Instead of getting alot of people excited over the event  DE burned  the hardest core of their hard core  players . The only way i see that is as a huge loss for DE .

If a lot of large clans stop player over this  i really wouldn't be surprised