Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just For Fun Frame Idea-Mako, The Shark

Chaosnamed

Normally I would post lore, but seeing as this is less a serious suggestion and more a thought experiment, I'll cut to the chase. Read on for some ability ideas and fun shark facts!

Abilities

Fin Sighting (25): Mako turns invisible, but periodically emits a pulse which attracts enemy attention. Enemies who are focused on the pulse may be attacked by Mako as if they are unaware, but attacking will end the ability duration. If Mako does not move after the pulse attracts enemies, he will be seen and attacked.

This ability is based off of the stereotypical image of a shark swimming with just its dorsal fin visible above the water.

Mobile Respiration (50): For the duration of this ability, Mako's health and energy will regenerate while he is moving and go down when he is immobile. Being knocked down will instantly remove a chunk of health.

For those who may not know, shark gills work differently from fish gills. Sharks have to keep moving in order to pass oxygenated water over their gills or they will suffocate. Also, a shark placed on its back will become essentially comatose, hence the second penalty.

Apex Predator (75): Mako pounces on the target enemy, dealing stealth attack damage and then becoming invulnerable for (1/2/3)? seconds.

Sharks have to get close to their prey and then catch them in one quick strike. Were a shark to chase down its prey, the physics of being underwater would ending up pushing the morsel further away and the shark would never catch it.

Blood in the Water/Feeding Frenzy (100): Mako destroys all surrounding enemies that have less than (70/80/90?)% health and restores the health of himself and allied Tenno.

When sharks smell blood...

Other ideas:

Nurse Shark (50/75): Mako stands in one place, regenerating his own health and shields as well as allies within range.

Nurse sharks are one of the few species of shark to not perpetually move in order to breathe (as explained above). Instead, they sit on a vent, allowing it to push water past their gills. That plus the word "nurse" equals this ability...

Scales for Teeth (50): For the duration of this ability, Mako's ammunition will regenerate and his stamina will regenerate at a rate equal to his melee strikes.

A common fact about sharks is that they constantly grow new teeth. This is because their teeth are not teeth in the traditional sense, but technically scales.

Immuno Abundance (25/50): Mako dispels any debuffs or lasting damage affects currently affecting him and restores (25/50/75)? Health.

Sharks have an extremly accurate and responsive immune system, as evidenced by the fact that they do not get cancer from natural causes. They also have an oversized liver accounting for a quarter to a third of their body weight in some species which is used to maintain buoyancy. In addition to this, shark skin is antibiotic.

Stats

Health: 125
Shields: 85
Power: 100
Stamina: 80
Armor: 65
Sprint Speed: 1.05

Overview

After typing it out, I picture a frame like this being a support/sniper-like frame with the ability to kill even bulky enemies easily, but having difficulty handling crowds. As I said though, this was for fun so any and all suggestions are welcome, even especially ideas or requests for other animal frames. Let me know what you all think!

Isn't Loki already technically shark themed...?

By that logic, we'd see no more themed warframes, as there might be some level of theme cross-over with existing 'frames.

Given the existence of two male stealth 'frames, I'd like to see a potential female stealth 'frame. Do you think this would be it, CN?

By that logic, we'd see no more themed warframes, as there might be some level of theme cross-over with existing 'frames.

Given the existence of two male stealth 'frames, I'd like to see a potential female stealth 'frame. Do you think this would be it, CN?

I referred to Mako as male, but there's no reason he/she couldn't be a female frame. Actually, female sharks tend to be bigger than males, so that might make her a little tougher lol. I was going more for an in-and-out of combat theme, as opposed to pure stealth, but the option is definitely there and I think the abilities I listed nudge the player towards avoiding direct combat.

TL;DR Yes.