Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overuse Of Orange In Breeding Grounds Maps

Worira

Seriously, what is up with all the orange in the new missions? There are clouds of orange pollenstuff floating around to help lead us to orange tumours which we have to break to expose orange hives, all the while dodging hazards such as orange clouds of poison gas, orange lasers, and orange clouds of magnetic whatever. Also, the lighting for most of the rooms? Orange. Every time I play Breeding Grounds I feel like I'm drowning in Tang.

It is an easy colour to spot and I don't think that the colour blind have too much problems with that colour.

I don't think the colour blind have problems with any colour when you only use one. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any orange, I'm saying not everything should be orange. Yeah, orange is easy to spot on a contrasting surface, but orange on orange on orange? Not so much.

Edited by Worira

I think it might be orange because the flying swarms in the normal infested ships is orange its the part of the technocyte virus that spreads the spores if you will so one would assume that all the orange in the breeding grounds is stuff that could infect those weaker than the tenno

I don't have any problem with it as it is. It's just a different environment which, like Omega224 points out, is covered in TCV which seems to be predominantly orange.

I wouldn't mind if the lasers were another colour I guess. They do electric damage and it's a little weird seeing those procs out of an orange laser but for me it's a minor issue as I've had no problem spotting them or anything else in the levels.

Do you use the Colour Correction shader option btw, Worira? It gives a slightly different caste to the lighting every level and it can really help relieve some of the sameyness which comes from playing the same tileset over and over.