The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Squishy, Grineer hard. Anyone feel this?

SeoV

Playing against Corpus feels like i'm on a power trip, my Bronco and Strun/Gorgon make short work of either the walkers or crewman but then I start a game against the Grinner and boom I'm back to shrivelling up in corners and my Bronco's effectiveness drops by tenfold.

Am I the only one feeling this? I'm trying to work my way to Titania to finally get some damn Ash blueprints but the grinner are eating my &#!. (Don't picture that, well actually picture that, it's pretty funny)

I noticed too. Corpus are soft but they keep spawning the hell out of you and Grineer are hard to hit them tho. So i suggest use different mods on each faction. Electric mod are good for Corpus coz it make them stun while Fire/Freeze or armor piercing mod for Grinner just for the punch of them.

Edited by Archazad

See for me, I almost always solo, and even though Corpus have a huge number of troops just waiting behind the door, i find it's much more satisfying to fight them than...say...the Grineer. They die so quickly that the swarms really balance it out. And as for the walkers, two shots from a Bronco or Strun and their down. At the moment, my Volt is at 24 without pro, is it too early to be heading towards Titania? Completely stuck on Sycosa right now.

See for me, I almost always solo, and even though Corpus have a huge number of troops just waiting behind the door, i find it's much more satisfying to fight them than...say...the Grineer. They die so quickly that the swarms really balance it out. And as for the walkers, two shots from a Bronco or Strun and their down. At the moment, my Volt is at 24 without pro, is it too early to be heading towards Titania? Completely stuck on Sycosa right now.

I have a excalibur lvl 30 pro, and I solo Titania with a little problem... There are just too many Grinners on the same time and they hit hard (Level 4 mission) the boss is easy to kill, just jump up some crate and he can't hit you, I don't know if that is a bug, but is the easiest way to kill him when he don't kill him self throwing a "Slash 'N' Dash" into the pit and dies... The most dangerous part in the mission are open areas of the ship where they just overwhelm you. Even with 1,2k shield I can barely made it... But it is not impossible... Just try hard, cover and aim for the head with a good amor piercing mod ;D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now about the Corpus and Grinner difficult, I don't feel that way against them, corpus are easy, just pick up a latro, one eletric mod and blast those guys away! My combination on my Latron is 22% Eletric Damage and 25% Piercing ammo, I solo almost every mission without too much problems... So far the only mission that I just died because I couldn't kill the boss was Everest! And it is a level 2 mission... The shield of the Councilour Hek just goes back too much fast! I think I might pick up my MK1-Braton and try to blast him '-'

Edited by VelenoHargreaves

to fight vs grineers use more armor piercing and they will just DIE ;]

Im using Latron 30 lvl Pro and have mods:

1. 24% armor piercing damage

2. 24% armor piercing damage

3. 21% armor piercing damage

4. 95% multisoot

5. 99% critical damage, 24% elecricity damage (maybe here i put +15% damage but dont know yet)

And all is fine :D

Edited by Dreed

Freeze/Electicity vs Corpus, Armor pen vs Grineer, Puncture for all factions. No faction is really hard to take down with the good mods. Imo Grineer have very strong heavy units (napalm are a real pain in the &#!), while Corpus deals loads of damage with their moa/crewmen swarms supported by these annoying Ospreys (leechers or shielders, I don't really mind the miners). Infested are neve a problem except when you have to face multiple ancients at the same time while an infinite supply of runners come to stun you.

Quick rundown of mods and their use against factions.

Armor-piercing: Reduces the damage reduction effects of Grineer armor.

Fire: Increases damage done to unarmored, non-robotic targets, i.e.: Infested. Causes targets on fire to panic.

Electricity: Disrupts electrical circuits and works best against (all!) Corpus once they dropped their shields. Occasionally stuns unshielded targets.

Freeze: Destroys shields like no other, also slows targets down.

To best kill Grineer, equip armor-piercing & freeze - Kills shields of heavies, slows regulars and reduces their damage reduction.

To best kill Corpus, equip electricity & freeze - Kills shields and disrupts the robotics, while it also stuns the crewmen.

To best kill Infested, MELEE. With fire. And fire. KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Augmentations: General damage doesn't do much, but Multishot is insane DPS increase, and Puncture is even more wicked against cover-seeking Grineer.

General hints: Aim for the head, always. Even MOAs have heads - the center torso below the gun. Infested ... no one cares, just chop 'em up.

General hints: Aim for the head, always. Even MOAs have heads - the center torso below the gun. Infested ... no one cares, just chop 'em up.

Infected's weak spot is the big metal boot, but other than that, correct.