Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being Able To Trade Using Steam Community Market And Trading

MetaMortred

I think it will be much more convinient for everyone if some of the items were tradale and swappable via the steam trading function and the steam community market.

Not all mind you, not mods or cores. and not Prime parts, only cosmetics for now and not their blueprints, but the built stuff. As owning cosmetics does not need you to buy slots, I believe this would work as it is already working with the new cosmetics available on the market. for those who missed out on them :

http://steamcommunity.com/market/search?appid=230410

DXURt4u.png

it also glows in the dark. we need more cosmetics like this btw.

DE gets a cut AND it's very easy for anyone to use.

+1 from me.

If a non-Steam player gets upset, remember: DE would take 5% of the sale and VALVe takes 10%, so Steam users aren't gaining anything you aren't. (In fact, we're losing.)

DE gets a cut AND it's very easy for anyone to use.

+1 from me.

If a non-Steam player gets upset, remember: DE would take 5% of the sale and VALVe takes 10%, so Steam users aren't gaining anything you aren't. (In fact, we're losing.)

yeah, but also consider this. You can safely trade the item and turn it into a Dota 2 or a TeamFortress 2 item or ven trade it with a game!

Also on the market you can turn the item into actual money something you can never do here. Actual money that you can spend on buying another game. All your farming can make you money you can use to play that Dark Souls 2 you always wanted but never could afford, or that Witcher 3 which you desperately want to preorder? and so much more fun stuff.

Slowly other items can join the trading if the system works well. For example, only maxed out mods or things that are worth a damn.

dude, you cant farm cosmetics, and OP said cosmetics only. and your "money" is steam credits. like instore credit at gamestop.

Also on the market you can turn the item into actual money something you can never do here. Actual money that you can spend on buying another game. All your farming can make you money you can use to play that Dark Souls 2 you always wanted but never could afford, or that Witcher 3 which you desperately want to preorder? and so much more fun stuff.

Edited by VioDuskar

dude, you cant farm cosmetics, and OP said cosmetics only. and your "money" is steam credits. like instore credit at gamestop.

My mistake on that part, finally DE listens to me about the helmets lol. Anyway, how about this. You buy a helmet, you use it for a while get bored or end up hating it even after the use which happened to me way too often. You can in this way get rid of them without a great loss.

I havent played the game for 6 months hence why i made the statement. thats mainly because i got back and saw i have a heap loads of arcane helmets that are worth a lot more than the price i bought them.

I don't have any protestations about this really, but there's another thing going on here.

First is just theory, no real proof behind it, but I feel most new games with inventories don't bother with full on steam trading for one reason or another, it might be difficult, the only (non Valve) F2P that made full usage of these systems was Spiral Knights and Super Monday Night Combat, both rather early on in the Steam in game trading cycle. I've basically seen no F2P developers bother with this since then. Any steam items after that point appeared to be tied exclusively with card generated items or pay to play games, I believe. Also these games were associated with a TF2 promo.

And of the two I mentioned, SMNC requires payment to trade, like TF2. If the "new rule" is that F2P must require someone to make a purchase through steam in order to trade...then that might mean this game would need a similar rule.

technically you could unlock trading in SMNC by paying uberent directly but you still can't trade outside of steam. They were supposed to work on a method to get around this, it never happened.

Second is more grounded, this would go around in game daily trade restrictions and credit costs. While these aren't huge problems to me, DE would basically have to separate their system a bit to make this work. And then people might complain "why do steam users get to trade cosmetics without using up their trade limits?" blah blah etc.

Edited by NegimaSonic

And then people might complain "why do steam users get to trade cosmetics without using up their trade limits?" blah blah etc.

Steam users pay a 15% tax on all sales. That's why Steam users get unlimited trades.

Also, on your first point, I don't know why not. I figure it's a mixture of technical and design. Why would you want to trust another company to handle your goods at a 10% tax, when what you have now, is working fine?

I feel Warframe and DE has a good foothold, they have their own inventories since last Summer event, and can begin branching out, I hope.

Edit: Actually, there is one non-VALVe game that makes use of the Steam Market: http://steamcommunity.com/market/search?appid=251970

Edited by Zerrien

I don't have any protestations about this really, but there's another thing going on here.

First is just theory, no real proof behind it, but I feel most new games with inventories don't bother with full on steam trading for one reason or another, it might be difficult, the only (non Valve) F2P that made full usage of these systems was Spiral Knights and Super Monday Night Combat, both rather early on in the Steam in game trading cycle. I've basically seen no F2P developers bother with this since then. Any steam items after that point appeared to be tied exclusively with card generated items or pay to play games, I believe.

Second is more grounded, this would go around in game daily trade restrictions and credit costs. While these aren't huge problems to me, DE would basically have to separate their system a bit to make this work. And then people might complain "why do steam users get to trade cosmetics without using up their trade limits?" blah blah etc.

Maybe trade limits should only be used when you trade primes, or you trade for plats. this way the swapping would not be an issue. The trading system here is broken, i cant find a buyer, and when i do after days of search I fail to connect with it because ofnetwork incompatibility crap, something i dont have to deal with on steam. You think im joking, but I am farming Frost Prime Systems for well over a year, I get everything, and I mean EVERYTHING on the drop list, but the systems, I find people willing to trade it but we cant connect, once somone offered it for free even seeing how miserable i seemed, and guess what? could not connect!

There is a solution to the tax thing. You can trade ALL you want on steam, but the items will be reserved and can only be added to your inventory if you pay the export tax which is more than the usual trading tax. Im willing to pay that. and you are for instance only allowed to bring in a few items on a daily basis.

But there is no denying that valves system is much cleaner that the mess we have here.

See this? http://dota2lounge.com/

is more convinient than the load of crap we have to read until we find the person that has what we want,

Steam users pay a 15% tax on all sales. That's why Steam users get unlimited trades.

Edit: Actually, there is one non-VALVe game that makes use of the Steam Market: http://steamcommunity.com/market/search?appid=251970

Steam users don't really "pay" a tax. Steam (and Warframe) takes a cut of whatever the seller sets the price as. Unless I'm special and somehow tax exempt in my state,which is possible. The 15% comes from (10% to warframe, 5% to Steam). the buyer isn't paying 15% more, the seller is losing 15% of what they were trying to get. If you'd like to see this for yourself, visit your inventory and press "sell" on something eligible.

There is a "You Receive" spot and a "Buyer Pays" spot.

You can decide to input a value in one and it automatically adjusts the other. I tend to work with "buyer pays", so I know what I will receive, instead of vice versa. But the fact is, I set that price.

And that's a paid game. Find another f2p.

"Any steam items after that point appeared to be tied exclusively with card generated items or pay to play games"

-snip-

I'd like to remind you what I said was a theory, there's no proof in anything I said of it being valid. Only DE can give an answer to something like that. That's just my reasoning as to why I haven't seen anyone do it lately.

Though honestly 90% of your issue would be resolved by some auction house kind of system, which would also be more useful to people on and off steam.

Edited by NegimaSonic

Steam users don't really "pay" a tax. Steam (and Warframe) takes a cut of whatever the seller sets the price as. Unless I'm special and somehow tax exempt in my state,which is possible. The 15% comes from (10% to warframe, 5% to Steam).

It's a 'fee.' The seller gets 85% of the money. Same concept.

Anything that doesnt FORCE me to login with some other random dude with a ping 5000 (that is if we even connect) and make a delayed trade, heck, he can even swap the items at the last minute and for 5 second I would not know it was swapped!

Auction house? even better! but DE wont spend resources on this, hence why i suggest something they are ALREADY using, the steam trading system! its alrady integrated they just need to allow other items to be tradable.

Steve hatest 2 for 1 trades? well too bad for him, with the system he has created a S#&$ty helmet is now being sold for 200 plat. how is that fair? and im the one selling it and find this disgusting when i get a 150 plat offer on my arcane vanguard helmet!

It's a 'fee.' The seller gets 85% of the money. Same concept.

I updated my reply but it still makes no difference in my answer.

The seller who we are to assume spent nothing on the item (sure you could've paid for these, but for simplicity, we assume they didn't), is setting a price for what they want.

They can set whatever price they want.

Whether they set it based off of what they will get, or what the buyer will pay. The item was free to them. So there's no tax on the seller, and the buyer has to pay whatever price the seller set anyway, which is set simultaneously whether it is "you receive" or "buyer pays".And if you are selling anyway, you are selling lower than the previous person who sold at "buyers pay".

It's hard for me to see this as a fee for something you couldn't have sold otherwise that was ideally obtained for free.

But it's just a matter of opinion I suppose.

I say the seller is getting $0.07 for every $0.09 item.

And you say the buyer is paying $0.02 for every $0.07 item.

But regardless, it is up to them whether they'll do anything with this...or even can. Like I said, I still haven't seen any F2P games use Steam inventories outside of promos on market since those aforementioned games. I feel like there's more to the story here. If I'm wrong, I'd gladly like to know so I can be mad at some other games I play for not incorporating steam trading.

They'll also have to start differentiating between what's marketable and what's not if they start doing that. Not the biggest challenge, but just pointing that out as well. As a tradable item is not necessarily marketable.

Additionally take another look at our game based on what I said, AFAIK all the badge crafting items are limited 100% to steam. You can't trade them to non-steamers. And everything that isn't one of those exclusive steam items isn't obtainable elsewhere(aka market). Again, this feels like nothing is allowed to be on there anymore unless it goes 100% through Steam.

So if this is true...cosmetics would never be allowed on the market/tradable unless Steam was the only way to trade these items. SK is the only game that violates this theory, and honestly it was the first game so that might be part of it.

I don't claim to have played all Steam F2P games though so again if there's an exception to this, I'd like to know.

-- the text ---

Something can be tradable both through steam and in game. This is more "convinient" - with convinient being a huge keyword here. How easy it is to use steam trading rather than the finding offers on a fast moving chat screen its just plain crazy.

If we get to a decent conclusion I make sure they hear this particular issue. Hence why im looking for a solution.

Something can be tradable both through steam and in game. This is more "convinient" - with convinient being a huge keyword here. How easy it is to use steam trading rather than the finding offers on a fast moving chat screen its just plain crazy.

If we get to a decent conclusion I make sure they hear this particular issue. Hence why im looking for a solution.

"Convenient" is a nice word.

"Valve" is a key word.

I am not saying it is impossible, I'm just saying look at the history. I don't think this is about DE making this convenient for you, I believe they just can't. Not without making Steam a requirement for trading any item (or at the very least, making cosmetics only tradable through Steam).

Edited by NegimaSonic

"Convenient" is a nice word.

"Valve" is a key word.

I am not saying it is impossible, I'm just saying look at the history. I don't think this is about DE making this convenient for you, I believe they just can't. Not without making Steam a requirement for trading any item (or at the very least, making cosmetics only tradable through Steam).

i know for a fact that valve has opened the gates for them. its just steve that hates trading overall, they will budge in eventually - like they did with pvp and clans. i was here 2 years ago and if you mentioned any of those to steeve he would just blaze and say no way - never, impossible, and here we are now. im just doing what gets us there. keep demanding it until it happens.