Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frequency Of 'changeovers'

Adidasprime

Sorry if there's already a thread about this ongoing somewhere; searched around a bit, but there's a lot of threads.

Mostly I'm looking to see some other opinions. Just to be clear, by 'changeovers' I'm referring to the enemy faction and/or the mission objective switching in the current run.

I do like the concept behind it, but lately am starting to feel as if it happens too frequently. I tend to prefer running infested missions in a system, however, quite often, find myself up against corpus or grineer by the end of a run. It literally feels like a 50/50 chance of changing over. Is this a common probability amongst others? Or are the RNG gods just messing with my head? I don't mind fighting any of the 3 factions, just when I choose infested I kinda want to actually go against infested.

Same can be said for objectives. Again it seems the chance of a 2nd objective appearing when you finish the 1st is high. Almost to the point where I go in expecting it to change before finishing. I'm not some hardcore rush rush to the end type of player, but these just seem to extend a run time without much (if any) additional gain. Twice today I had to abort a run because of a datamass that spawned somewhere I couldn't reach. - beware terrible graphics

tl;dr:

Do you think changeovers happen too often, too little, or just right?

i think its RNG for you, as I have only had a single mission thus far where the factions have changed over. I am hoping DE expand on the interactions between the factions more and in different ways.

Maybe starting a mission with corpus attempting a raid on a grineer outpost, but not taking over the main enemy spawnings as an example, or disabling the reactor all of a sudden causes an outburst of infested. Key events triggering these interactions is what i am saying.