Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Just Happened?

Toksmurf

Question

When i was doing a couple of missions suddenly something starts speaking to me and i get kind of creeped out, and suddenly after it stops talking ''Stalker'' comes up in my face and kills me. I used a revive and it was gone. And when i did another mission it did the same thing and killed me again.

So essentially i just wonder... What just happened?

(Also sorry if this dosent fit in here, didnt see anywhere else to put this :/ )

12 answers to this question

That would be the Stalker... He's supposed to be avenging a boss you killed or something like that... It sucks the big one. He's attacked me twice... both times when I was solo. Attacked someone else on another mission, and we managed to shoot him apart pretty easy.

Whatever you do, don't close with him. His melee ability will rip you to shreds. Shoot him in the face.

Edited by Sinkaro

Stalker is really only a problem if you are low level or new, however I must for someone who is suppose to be avenging grineer boss kills I would like to know why he showed up in 3 of my missions this evening when I had not killed a single boss since sometime Saturday. I was simply unlocking systems, poor Stalker had to complain about failing 3 times and moaning about how I would go unpunished, apparently for a crime I had not committed. The only thing I can figure is if you have EVER killed a boss he has a chance to trigger in a mission afterwards.

Stalker is really only a problem if you are low level or new, however I must for someone who is suppose to be avenging grineer boss kills I would like to know why he showed up in 3 of my missions this evening when I had not killed a single boss since sometime Saturday. I was simply unlocking systems, poor Stalker had to complain about failing 3 times and moaning about how I would go unpunished, apparently for a crime I had not committed. The only thing I can figure is if you have EVER killed a boss he has a chance to trigger in a mission afterwards.

based on the wiki...

you don't need to kill boss..

if you above lvl 5, he may take a look at you

That would be the Stalker... He's supposed to be avenging a boss you killed or something like that... It sucks the big one. He's attacked me twice... both times when I was solo. Attacked someone else on another mission, and we managed to shoot him apart pretty easy.

Whatever you do, don't close with him. His melee ability will rip you to shreds. Shoot him in the face.

Unles you play Ash. In which case, hug him tight :) Smoke screen and shred him to pieces :)

based on the wiki...

you don't need to kill boss..

if you above lvl 5, he may take a look at you

I can see that however he kept complaining about me killing Tyl Regor. After his third and final failure I decided to actually go and kill Tyl Regor just for giggles...

dude Rhino GG game over for stalker

I've met the Stalker and I really think he is misnamed. Not once did he offer me flowers or send me presents wrapped in his own tanned flesh. He did not set up an altar to my awesomeness nor did he send threatening letters to the girl I took to prom. (I would've offered him her address)

As he just announces he is going to show up and then gets the emit beaten out of him by my entourage, i recommend he be renamed Paparatzi and go into tabloid journalism.

Sago