Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Variants/types [Brainstorm Thread]

Vaskadar

Right now, there's not much variation in the enemy types outside of the Grineer faction, and the enemy models mostly look the same with a few color variations. Granted, the game is in Beta, and making and implementing animated models takes time, but I hope that this thread can offer more than just "We need more models" for enemies and such.

FACTIONS

Infested

I'd welcome some ranged (limited in damage output) in the Infestation hordes, because right now they'll just zerg-rush your character to attempt to overwhelm the player with melee. I don't see why they couldn't have some kind of slow-firing projectile enemy. Their main way of killing players is stunlocking them. Outside of that, there's not much they do.

Grineer

The level of enemy variety of this faction is pretty good, but some of the enemies are pretty irritating (specifically Rollers and their disproportionate health).

Corpus

The corpus seem to lack a certain something, but I can't say for sure what. A heavy enemy type? I mean, the Shockwave MOA can stomp the crap out of you, but that seems like it's not something you really have to worry too much about since as individuals, they're pretty weak. Seems that the only thing the Corpus really have going for them is numbers. The enemy variety of this faction is limited in the sense of what they do. The regular MOA just run quickly at you to shoot you, the crewmen just try and shoot you like regular mooks. Like the infestation, they suffer from the same problem of lack of individual enemy variety. It'd be pretty threatening to have a corpus robot that launches missiles, or even one that fires a sustained particle beam weapon.

Hmm u got a point or 2 for the factions like infested and corpus.

Maybe the infested could have a spitter (l4d2 reference since charger is like.. charger, leaper = hunter, runner = boomer) which spits poison on the ground that deals DoT for a period of time similar to saryn skill(i forgot which one) at higher levels or even in a new solar system if they were to expand and have new factions coming in.

As for corpus, maybe they could have a mid/large size robot (similar to Golem size, one of the infested faction boss) which has high armor but slow moving with a slow/mid speed heat seeking missile launcher similar to a grineer bombarder with a weak spot say.. at the back where its generator is so it requires teamwork to deal with it as one will be distracting it while the rest get behind to attack the weak spot.

What do u guys think of this suggestion? + if u agree :D