The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Just Me Or Are Ancients A Bit Op?

Story4

I do agree that there is they are challengin. It's just that compared to the ones from corpus or grineer they are ALOT harder! Since OP means overpowered which means more powerfull i don't think that i am wrong on this assertion.

I would say that 4-5 ancients at once = 1 grineer heavy gunner for me

and even then its still easier for me to dispatch the ancients.

I use a scindo on everything btw, its hard to get close to the heavy gunner, but ancients, charge run at them, WHAM, Jump downsmash, knock em prone, do a few executions problem solved. With the heavy gunner? i just pop iron skin because i dont want to deal with that shockwave ground punch.

and for the scindo i know that you can actually melee attack the poison ancients while staying out of their poison range if you're careful.

Edited by Karosu

I would say that 4-5 ancients at once = 1 grineer heavy gunner for me

and even then its still easier for me to dispatch the ancients.

I use a scindo on everything btw, its hard to get close to the heavy gunner, but ancients, charge run at them, WHAM, Jump downsmash, knock em prone, do a few executions problem solved. With the heavy gunner? i just pop iron skin because i dont want to deal with that shockwave ground punch.

and for the scindo i know that you can actually melee attack the poison ancients while staying out of their poison range if you're careful.

Really? One execution? on what level do you play, 10? Against level 35 is takes me about 5 seconds or less to kill a grineer gunner and since i have either electrical or stun on my Lato Vandal he doesn't even attack me. An ancient at level 35 isn't really dangerous, but since they spawn 4 or 5 times more i can maybe deal with an ancient or 2 but the rest will evenrualyl catch up and know me on the ground after which i'm pretty much dead (especially if i'm hit by a disruptor).

There needs to be a ranged infected. Simple. I think that the health to damage ratio for ancients on high levels could use some work, though. They should have their health reduced, but their melee damage increased to rectify their sponginess.

I think that they should just be reworked, make them smaller with a different model with less health and make them ranged, but at a higher range. They should also be faster to get in range than other infested, but they should stop at a higher range than the current ancients and should keep all their effects without the ancient disruptor complete energy depletion.

Edited by Story4

Really? One execution? on what level do you play, 10? Against level 35 is takes me about 5 seconds or less to kill a grineer gunner and since i have either electrical or stun on my Lato Vandal he doesn't even attack me. An ancient at level 35 isn't really dangerous, but since they spawn 4 or 5 times more i can maybe deal with an ancient or 2 but the rest will evenrualyl catch up and know me on the ground after which i'm pretty much dead (especially if i'm hit by a disruptor).

i never said it takes one execution, and the only time i'll actually ever use this technique is against lvl 60+ ancients, takes 2-3 executions each sometimes more if they are even higher level, then i repeat the knockdown and stagger them, then execute a few more.

up until 60 i just do a charge attack, kills every kind of infested near me below lvl 35ish including ancients, and from 35-60 it takes 2-3 charge attacks then i start changing tactics to stun and knock them down to buy time and execute them one at a time.

The difference is, seeing as you talk about your gun, is that you use ranged, I rarely ever use ranged attacks unless i need to or don't want to bother with stopping to melee the unit, so the problem is more of weaponry, think about it, they are a melee unit that is weak to melee and strong against ranged. if you want to kill them at range, shoot them in the feet, its their weak point.

Edited by Karosu