Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upnp/strict Nat (Solved Eset Smart Security)

TennoPain

Question

SO PERHAPS SOME PEOPLE WILL GET THIS PROBLEM SOLVED LIKE I DID (IM SORRY FOR THE OTHERS)

ALSO REST OF THE HELP ON FORUM FROM ADMINS/GM-S, DE-s  WAS NOT HELPFUL

SO HOW TO SOLVE IT IF YOU ARE USING ( ESET SMART SECURITY) ANTIVIRUS/FIREWALL AND U GET 

UPnP/Strict NAT PROBLEMS THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO: 

1:) GO TO YOUR TASK BAR ICONS (ONE ON THE RIGHT DOWN) NEAR YOUR ''CLOCK'' AND FIND YOUR 

ESET SMART SECURITY ICON

2:) JUST DISABLE FIREWALL FOR TIME BEING (10-30) MIN IT DOES NOT MATTER IT WORKS 

SO EVERY TIME BEFORE YOU START WARFRAME DO THIS AND UPnP/Strict NAT SHOULD GO AWAY

(exit the game before doing this) than just get in again poof and its gone :) :) :)

FOR THE REST OF THE PEOPLE I WAS NOT ABLE TO HELP TRY DISABLING YOUR ANTIVIRUS FIREWALL

IF THIS DID NOT HELP GO READ ABOUT FORWARDING YOUR PORTS ON GOOGLE 

FACT : THIS PROBLEM AFFECTS MORE THAN 7% PEOPLE THAT PLAY WARFRAME

HOPE THIS THREAD GETS POPULAR AND THAT IT HELPS SOMEONE \\M//

Edited by TennoPain

4 answers to this question

If you use ESS, you could just easily set Warframe's connection both out and into your system to be allowed on the Zone and Rule editor, you don't need to disable your firewall : /.

In fact, DO NOT disable your firewall at all cost, since you don't know what kind of intrusive connection that might enter your system...

NOT TRUE IM DOING THIS ALL THE TIME AND NOTHING BAD HAPPENED ALSO THAT WAS NOT HE POINT OF THIS THREAD IT WAS TO HELP PEOPLE NOT TO UN-HELP ANYBODY . 

Just in case, for your own safety reason... Because you may not know how bad could it be if somehow there are intrusive connection slipped its way to your system, like crackers, malwares, trojans, etc.

That's why, if you use Eset Smart Security, it would be better to just allow the connection for Warframe (the Launcher.exe and Warframe.exe / Warframe.x64.exe) for both (out and in) direction through the Advanced Setup (F5) > Network > Personal Firewall > Rules and Zones > Zone and Rule editor > Setup.

And mind you, I'm not trying to 'un-help' anybody, I'm just offering a safer solution rather than exposing yourself to internet without firewall... Relax buddy, we're on the same goal here...