Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For The Love Of Lotus And All Her Tennos In The Matchmaking Heavens...

Aerensiniac

1LoveofGod1.png

I've been patient with alert missions and hosts ever since i started playing. It takes at times 30 attempts to get into a mission, but i was always thinking that its just a matter of patience to enjoy some higher value nice mission.

As of late however its starting to become ridiculous.

Not only am i constantly thrown out due to what seems to be a "party already full" issue, but when i get into a game im more often than not getting a latency that seems to be something like 10k.

I can take my time, simply walk up to enemies with my gram on my shoulder while wistling a tune, do a swing, walk up to the next one, do a swing there, and by the time i have placed about 6 cuts, enemies are just starting to fall apart.

Hell i feel like Dio from Jojo's adventure, walking around the place doing time stop on everything. All i would need now is a road roller to throw around.

As if this would not be enough, now the game engine itself is getting the swine flu from the latency.

Previous alert mission failed cause the ash holding the data we were supposed to collect, simply fell through the entire map.

Data crystals gone, no way to finish mission. Excellent!

He respawns after 2 minutes of falling and has no head. Im like:

GrumpyCatGood.jpg

But it doesnt stop there, oh hell no.

Next alert mission, same issues but the guy at least has a better connection. We wrap up the mission, all of us go to the exit. Finished, getting a black screen with sounds still playing in the background as if out (or at least my) character was still in the game.

After a minute of listening to the ambient music of what seems to be corpus MOAs raping my dead carcass, this greets me:

2loveofgod2.png

Mission success! Your progress was not saved **** yeah!

74676_1.jpg

1. Please readjust the match maker so it automatically reconnects to search for a new host. (So players wont have to keep on pumping the disconnect prompt and alert mission link).

2. Please readjust the match maker so it automatically discards hosts that were stupid enough to set europe as their location while they are playing from what seems to be the moon, but at least australia.

3. Please add some sort or form of latency indicator that is displayed along our names while holding "Y" in game, and also mark who the host is.

4. Please add the possibility of starting my own game instead of waiting for the match maker to search for games and keep on throwing me out

5. When the match maker finds a host after searching, please add some sort of latency indicator so players can cancel the game during the 5 second countdown should the host be playing from the moon.

Thank you

Edited by Aerensiniac

I agree that matchmaking needs an overhaul or at least some serious finetuning. Being able to select a host manually based on its latency would already help immensely or, if there is no good host, create your own "room" right off the bat. Right now you just get thrown into whatever is available, even if it's terrible.

I agree with you mate..

and on an unrelated note..how did you post pictures?

Seems like the last update made matchmaking a bit buggy, used to work fine.

%7Boption%7Dput the url to an image here [/'img] take out the '

Edited by Nightframe

+1 to 1, 3, 4 and 5.

I only give 2 a miss because it will inevitably end up mistakenly punishing someone legitimately from where they say they are, leading to complaints and problems and.... just give it a miss, 1,3,4 and 5 are really good ideas though.

If the people hosting weren't using outdated hardware and cheap laptops some of this wouldn't be a problem. I've got a 6 core CPU running at 4.4ghz with 8 gigs of memory and it does doesn't break a sweat hosting a full game. Too bad there wasn't a way to detect when someone connects to a game with at least a 4 core cpu with plenty of memory, the game then moves to that host if the person currently hosting does not meet the requirement. I know wishful thinking.

If let's say you are playing with your friends..(actual real life, blood and flesh, you get the idea) then use programs that can make a VLAN..then you can connect with ease..like evolve and tunggle..

if with randoms, then it's a tad be hard.. :(

oh and thank you for telling me bout the img thing..not a forum poster..><

Edited by Chaos_Eater

If the people hosting weren't using outdated hardware and cheap laptops some of this wouldn't be a problem. I've got a 6 core CPU running at 4.4ghz with 8 gigs of memory and it does doesn't break a sweat hosting a full game. Too bad there wasn't a way to detect when someone connects to a game with at least a 4 core cpu with plenty of memory, the game then moves to that host if the person currently hosting does not meet the requirement. I know wishful thinking.

This could at least be done in the lobby before the game starts.

I'm from Australia and I play with people from the USA all the time and they don't seem to have issues at all, maybe a door not opening instantly that's about it.

Matching making I thought you meant that I wouldn't get that mastery rank 1 or 0 that's kinda still learning jumping into a blood bath and dieing every two seconds because the poor soul doesn't have the mods to run with me.

Or match making where I don't get teamed with a Loki who runs to the end in a blink of an eye when I'm on my slow moving Rhino forcing me to loose out on some or all of my rewards

I feel like having the option to set yourself up, so that you can opt to 'host' (while others can still join, as you could just do solo/private...) instead of always 'search/join' would be nice especially for the first 8 minutes of a '? reward' alert or an auto restart search / rejoin until you hit cancel @_@ I mean if LoL can have a search join then fail/dc throws you back out into the home menu and still searches I don't see why this game can't.

Also, it would be amazing to be able to host a "room" and have the option to specify either "Rush group", "Exploration group" or "Normal group". As stated by ThrottleFox, being a slow Rhino myself and an explorer at heart, I would love to be able to be matched with like-minded players, or at least avoid the rushers, since I'm ok with the normal people clearing the level at a reasonnable speed while not searching the entire level for that extra handful of credits.

I'm also experiencing ridiculous lag... When hosting, it's perfect and people don't complain at all (High speed cable internet, lots of RAM, solid machine), but as soon as there's more than 2 people in an existing game, it gets unplayable... Before this patch it was bearable (although not perfect) but now it's simply not fun. I didn't solo much before, but now I kinda have to.

PS.: I'm playing from Canada on North America - East servers (optimal location).

Also, it would be amazing to be able to host a "room" and have the option to specify either "Rush group", "Exploration group" or "Normal group". As stated by ThrottleFox, being a slow Rhino myself and an explorer at heart, I would love to be able to be matched with like-minded players, or at least avoid the rushers, since I'm ok with the normal people clearing the level at a reasonnable speed while not searching the entire level for that extra handful of credits.

I'm also experiencing ridiculous lag... When hosting, it's perfect and people don't complain at all (High speed cable internet, lots of RAM, solid machine), but as soon as there's more than 2 people in an existing game, it gets unplayable... Before this patch it was bearable (although not perfect) but now it's simply not fun. I didn't solo much before, but now I kinda have to.

PS.: I'm playing from Canada on North America - East servers (optimal location).

Not a bad idea either