The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Is Better: Boar Or Strun?

kilg

Strun is the highest damage per shot shotgun available coupled with the lowest RoF (and the largest spread I believe). Boar is the lowest damage per shot shotgun with the highest RoF (medium sized cone iirc).

Make your choice from that. You can't really say "Oh well this one is 1000000000000x better because xxx reason" simply because you can take even a horribad weapon and turn it God mode with the right mods.

Strun is the highest damage per shot shotgun available coupled with the lowest RoF (and the largest spread I believe). Boar is the lowest damage per shot shotgun with the highest RoF (medium sized cone iirc).

Make your choice from that. You can't really say "Oh well this one is 1000000000000x better because xxx reason" simply because you can take even a horribad weapon and turn it God mode with the right mods.

This pretty much sums it up, and perhaps later switch over to the Hek, spread cone is smaller, so your shots are tighter, gives you more range to one shot most enemies if you have the right mods : D

Boar has the highest DPS and largest clip

Hek has slightly lower DPS with better accuracy, but a very small clip

Strun has the worst DPS, but is inexpensive and can be bought right away

Hek's accuracy can let it out DPS Boar at some ranges

Typically Boar is superior unless It takes more than 4 shots to drop an enemy when the Hek can do it in 2 (damage breakpoints)

Shotgun ammo drops like crazy. . .'

Unless you're doing a Defense mission you'll never run out on any weapon

Reference:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Compare

They serve different function.

Strun is your normal shotgun. Excel in medium to close range, average firing rate. Good if you're playing more conservatively. Not that good if you're planning to wallrun/sliding while shooting.

Boar is close range shotgun. It is capable of tearing things up very quickly in close range. Suitable for players who prefer things fast and agile. A good compliment with automatic firing. I can kill a few troopers with one clip within one sliding animation.

Hek is a sniper. 4 shot with high damage, average reload time. Longest range of all shotguns.

I'm of the opinion that the Strun is the best shotgun.

the Boar can do more DPS but it eats ammo like crazy, its ammo management is really inefficient.

The Hek can shoot far away enemies more easily and deals marginally better damage at the cost of a smaller clip.

The Strun deals good damage (the difference in damage with the Hek is not that noticeable) and has a big clip, and even if the clip is smaller than the Boar's, it's much more efficient...the Boar just wastes ammo. It also has more crit chance than the Hek.

The Hek probably outperforms the Strun against bosses by a tiny bit, but the extra shots of the Strun make it much better against multiple enemies (the majority of missions). Also with a RoF mod it shoots quite fast, enough to deal excellent burst damage.

Oh, and about shooting far away enemies? WIth a full modded Strun I can kill them in 1 or two shots anyways, 3 at most, if they're partially in cover... and I'm talking about really far away enemies. I don't think this minor downside (when compared to the Hek) holds a candle to the upside of having more shots before reloading.

Edited by CaligoIllioneus