Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Fireblast

Nyxcha

ok, so for a long time now, fireblast has been very low on the appeal chart.

the reason being, its a stationary, low dmg skill that u have to lure enemys in.

so i came up with a different version.

but first, some background to this idea.

back in midevil times, a form of torture would be to take a rat, put it in a bucket, and put the bucket on someone's chest

lighting a fire on one end would cause the rat to panic and dig its way through the human

thankfuly we don't have that form of execution anymore.

but the method gave me an idea for fire blast. by giving ember some utility using fire.

how it works is it takes vauban's Bastille and combines it with Necro's terror.

ember slams the ground and makes a ring of fire.  enemys entering the ring take 400 dmg as if they were hit by a fireball (maxed out to 900. with a small fire proc chance)

once in the ring of fire, they panic and struggle to stay away from the fire, aka the middle of the ring. they are stuck there for the duration (they can not leave the ring. however players using knockback weapons can knock them out of the ring. so be careful)

while in the ring of fire, they take low fire dmg from the lack of oxygen (say 50 dmg per secound. which is not affected by mods)  and suffer a fire proc for the entire duration they are in the ring (the dmg from this fire proc will be low, but affected by mods)

the ring of fire will last around 8 secounds(or modded up to a max of 12)

and then here is where the fun part comes.  when the ring of fire ends, enemys suffer a panic attack similar to necro's terror skill.  they flee in any direction for 4 secounds wanting to escape where the fire was.

and thats the skill, combining a nerfed version of Vauban's Bastille and Necro's Terror  with a bit of fire.

its not a skill used for dmg, instead its a skill used for crowd control and utility for ember(as she currently lacks any)

the skill does not affect flying enemys, indeed infested flyers can carry infested OUT of the ring.

and ember could shoot fireballs into the ring for dmg, or use ignis or something else.

for 75 energy, it would be a fun skill to bring.

opinions? 

Just make infested defense easier...

but it will also affect other factions. not jsut infested.

after all, humans are scared of fire as much as animals.

gonna be hard for a grineer to shoot through a wall of fire he cant see through and he is panicing over cause he's stuck in the middle of it.

and i doubt he will want to shoot since shooting a heated up gun is a bad idea.  specially if the ammo explodes IN THE GUN.

as for corpus, machines tend to suffer when heated up.  the metal joints expanding and the wires melting.   the energy weapon's shots dissapating in the super heated air

Edited by Amberpaw

but it will also affect other factions. not jsut infested.

after all, humans are scared of fire as much as animals.

gonna be hard for a grineer to shoot through a wall of fire he cant see through and he is panicing over cause he's stuck in the middle of it.

and i doubt he will want to shoot since shooting a heated up gun is a bad idea.  specially if the ammo explodes IN THE GUN.

as for corpus, machines tend to suffer when heated up.  the metal joints expanding and the wires melting.   the energy weapon's shots dissapating in the super heated air

For defense though itd render infested especially useless

Survival as well

For defense though itd render infested especially useless

Survival as well

sure, but also capture.

place it at the target's escape route. and have him trapped there

with doors all over, its great for choke points.

not much use in extermination yes.  but the skill i describe is ALOT better than the one you have now.  and will be useful in all the situations the current one is used in.  and MORE.

which is the point. to add appeal.

just liek vauban's bastille.

sure, but also capture.

place it at the target's escape route. and have him trapped there

with doors all over, its great for choke points.

not much use in extermination yes.  but the skill i describe is ALOT better than the one you have now.  and will be useful in all the situations the current one is used in.  and MORE.

which is the point. to add appeal.

just liek vauban's bastille.

Thats exactly what im trying to get at

Its like Bastille with damage

Itd be better to avoid more abilities that could trivialize content

at the least Vaubro cant really deal damage

Ember with a Bastille type ability would be far too strong

Thats exactly what im trying to get at

Its like Bastille with damage

Itd be better to avoid more abilities that could trivialize content

at the least Vaubro cant really deal damage

Ember with a Bastille type ability would be far too strong

it doesnt last as long as bastille, and it will be low dmg.

not to mention its range will be alot shorter.

the trade off to this nerfed bastille(that at high levels will not deal dmg at all) is the terror affect at the end.

also the enemys are moving around in the circle, not hovering in the air.

so it wont be a guarenteed hit (unless its a big group)

it doesnt last as long as bastille, and it will be low dmg.

not to mention its range will be alot shorter.

the trade off to this nerfed bastille(that at high levels will not deal dmg at all) is the terror affect at the end.

also the enemys are moving around in the circle, not hovering in the air.

so it wont be a guarenteed hit (unless its a big group)

Bastille has a target limit though and you only need so much range to be effective

Giving a DPS frame like ember a little trap for enemies like that would make her a real goddess in WF

Bastille has a target limit though and you only need so much range to be effective

Giving a DPS frame like ember a little trap for enemies like that would make her a real goddess in WF

ok...well how do u suggest we make fire blast appealing?

other ideas i have are

*make it into a fire wall that blocks all enemys and range can be used to increase the length? (dungeons and Dragons much)

*Ember shoots fire out of her hands to impact the ground, hitting all enemys and throwing her into the air for a high jump to escape danger(excalibur super jump with dmg)

*ember creates a close range explosion to push her backwards.  enemys at the initial impact zone are hit, and all enemys hit by the knocked back ember are hurt  (bit like Vindictus's mage's mana warp.)

*a large area knockdown that deals moderate fire dmg while expanding and knocking down enemys (Fire commanders with a bit of dmg added in)

BTW...a thought for world on fire.  give ember fire resistance while the skill is active.

why?

53b8b69e23bfc.png

Edited by Amberpaw

ok...well how do u suggest we make fire blast appealing?

other ideas i have are

*make it into a fire wall that blocks all enemys and range can be used to increase the length? (dungeons and Dragons much)

*Ember shoots fire out of her hands to impact the ground, hitting all enemys and throwing her into the air for a high jump to escape danger(excalibur super jump with dmg)

*ember creates a close range explosion to push her backwards.  enemys at the initial impact zone are hit, and all enemys hit by the knocked back ember are hurt  (bit like Vindictus's mage's mana warp.)

*a large area knockdown that deals moderate fire dmg while expanding and knocking down enemys (Fire commanders with a bit of dmg added in)

BTW...a thought for world on fire.  give ember fire resistance while the skill is active.

why?

53b8b69e23bfc.png

Id say replace the skill entirely with something that carries better utility for a run and gun frame

A sitting wall of fire is useless when ember has to be so mobile

Nice pic

Id say replace the skill entirely with something that carries better utility for a run and gun frame

A sitting wall of fire is useless when ember has to be so mobile

Nice pic

true....

as for your idea with mods. if they did that i could finally afford to bring accelerant AND sure footed for the +60% knockdown resistance. which is a life saver.

Edited by Amberpaw

true....

as for your idea with mods. if they did that i could finally afford to bring accelerant AND sure footed for the +60% knockdown resistance. which is a life saver.

Id put redirection vitality and rage because im a little edgy with builds that way

To suicide ill go

Id put redirection vitality and rage because im a little edgy with builds that way

To suicide ill go

all my builds have redirection, vitality, and rage(sadly rage gets me killed half the time in wave 35+.  evil lack of armor leads to to much dmg before i can escape with the energy)

thats why i prefer to bring a trinity or necros in my runs with me.

but i'm still shooting 900 dmg fireballs for 16 energy each. 

all my builds have redirection, vitality, and rage(sadly rage gets me killed half the time in wave 35+.  evil lack of armor leads to to much dmg before i can escape with the energy)

thats why i prefer to bring a trinity or necros in my runs with me.

but i'm still shooting 900 dmg fireballs for 16 energy each. 

I tend to abuse life strike and accelerate together to stay alive ...

I heard fireball is really nice but havnt ever tried it

I tend to abuse life strike and accelerate together to stay alive ...

I heard fireball is really nice but havnt ever tried it

life strike is great yes. but only if you can survive the running in, melee, and running out

try fireball dude.

throw world of fire away and try fireball. same initial dmg. but 100% stagger and fire proc chance.   AoE (big explosion) for 1/4 the cost of world of fire.

and long range.   so 4 fireballs tend to do the same dmg as world on fire(if not more. depending on enemy bunching) but with stagger and fire procs up the wazoo.

i suggest trying my build from the survival thread.  max dmg and efficiency. and be amazed at how good it is.  you can actually do massive dmg from a distance (sadly it renders the other 3 skills useless.)