Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We're Not Noble People When You Think Of It...

-We kill for money, letting planets be controlled by whoever pays us more.

-We killed our 'makers', slaughtering them when they praised us in a ceremony,

-We constantly steal resources from ships (circuits, plastids etc.)

- We SOON gonna be able to kill all kubrows in a den, steal their egg, and make it our attack dog.

- We kill bosses over and over to get Warframe parts from them.

-We "defend" a cryopod just to abandon it 5 waves later.

-We take control of Solar Rails, just to fight over them.

Jeez, tennos are more mercenary then Ninja

No one ever said we are noble. In any war, you always see yourself as the righteous one. 

Edited by (PS4)RocketPunch1221

-We kill for money, letting planets be controlled by whoever pays us more.

• Money to pay for our weapons, wars cannot be fought without supplies. As for the planets? We establish Balance. You cannot have good without having evil. We let them wage their war evenly. Letting one take over so the other side doesn't get too powerful

- - -

-We killed our 'makers', slaughtering them when they praised us in a ceremony,

• We know too little about our past to make assumptions, perhaps we were controlled, perhaps they were evil. Time will tell

- - -

-We constantly steal resources from ships (circuits, plastids etc.)

• Again we're resourceful. Ship is empty, who's gonna use this stuff? Plus it helps us out in giving supplies to craft stuff, stuff we need to fight our battles

- - -

- We SOON gonna be able to kill all kubrows in a den, steal their egg, and make it our attack dog.

• That's your decision to do so. As I recall in the Dev Steam we'll just be scanning an egg to make in a sort of "Genetic Foundry". I personally think they're cool and since they're native to the lands I'm gonna leave them be and try to get my Egg without killing any feral Kubrows

- - -

- We kill bosses over and over to get Warframe parts from them.

• Story wise we only kill them once, game-play wise it lets us farm them for parts as a way to get more frames to play as. This is more a game design issue than a character development problem

- - -

-We "defend" a cryopod just to abandon it 5 waves later.

• I recall Lotus mentioning teams to come in and pick up the pods after we leave. I know I've heard it on Sedna before. "Extraction team" or something similar. But again a game design issue, think of it more along the lines of when we decide to leave? That's the end of the waves of enemies. No more are coming.

- - -

-We take control of Solar Rails, just to fight over them.

• A testament to human greed really. This one is judged by the player(s) who decide to launch these rails in efforts to gain credits and resources from people who wish to use it. This one I'll give ya but again, I know plenty of players who either aren't in a clan or their clan simply doesn't bother in going after the rails.
Edited by Smac

And since someone hasn't mentioned it, I should likely go ahead and do so myself. WHile not blatantly obvious, I have been under the impression that nomatter the number of forces we obliterate, the grineer and corpus both ultimately shrug off the losses we inflict on them, case in point, our actions are most painful when they are surgical strikes, or focusing on objectives that are not directly related to boots on the ground. 

[minor ramble brought on due to a mention about us not exterminating the corpus/grineer]

And since someone hasn't mentioned it, I should likely go ahead and do so myself. WHile not blatantly obvious, I have been under the impression that nomatter the number of forces we obliterate, the grineer and corpus both ultimately shrug off the losses we inflict on them, case in point, our actions are most painful when they are surgical strikes, or focusing on objectives that are not directly related to boots on the ground. 

[minor ramble brought on due to a mention about us not exterminating the corpus/grineer]

that's something I've been noticing too. honestly i can understand the grinner's ability to bounce back since they're clones but its the corpus that just baffle me.

I think it would be logical to believe that mass production of MOAs is a simple matter, and Alad V's statement of "having nine lives" could very well be an allusion to some level of cloning or advanced reproductive technology on their end.

[ which would be a simple enough algorithm to deal with if you think about it. the world, today, has 4.7 births each second, and we have a population of 7.1 billion. as both empires take up far more space than just earth, and doubtlessly have better conditions for new peoples, and a far larger backdrop of people to breed, I would not be surprised if it was something akin to 5x that number. which is 406k births each day. 

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php/325601-Warframe-A-Year-in-Stats says we have killed 5 million lancers, total. Assuming lancers are not the most commonly killed enemy, and thus account for 20% of the deaths in the system, we have killed 25 million humans dead over the last year. 

Even assuming that all of those were corpus, which they werent, and that they were purely organics, this means that the corpus could regain all lost forces (from the beginning of open beta) in two months.  ]]

Roughshod maths. I think i did the numbers vaguely right. TL;DR, to many humans doing naughty human things. 

that's something I've been noticing too. honestly i can understand the grinner's ability to bounce back since they're clones but its the corpus that just baffle me.

Thier motto is Profit above all, so im guessing losing Crewman and cheap robots aren't a true concern