Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Offline Mode?

Renard-Roux

At the top of the screen during mission/planet selection, click online, set it to solo. That's offline mode.

Did you even read his post? He obviously knows that. He's talking about a client which doesn't require logging in (in other words requiring connection to the internet).

If it's simply a "slow connection", you should be fine doing solo runs as it is basically offline except the initiation and extraction (which won't affect your gameplay, providing you still have the internet connection going during those two times).

There's no way to play if you don't have any internet connection, though, since as someone mentioned the stats are saved online, which rules out the possibility of a no-logging-in client.

Did you even read his post? He obviously knows that. He's talking about a client which doesn't require logging in (in other words requiring connection to the internet).

I did read it. He asked for an offline mode. That is offline mode.

i dont think this is a good idea, hackers and such could get an advantage when they go back MP. but ive you get a only offline character that can never play online then its a good idea

Exactly, since offline may allow hackers to have unlimited items or ressources or credits or mods

Slow connection doesn't affect solo play. Since the game use P2P which players host their own game, slow connection doesn't affect the lag in solo at all. Only thing that record in the server is your progress in map/exp/mod/cresit recieved.

If offline mode will be implemented, there should be no 'online transferrable' progression within this mode. Mod/Credit/EXP recieved from offline mode must not be transfered into online game. Make it a totally different mode with its own progression.

Edited by neKroMancer

Exactly, since offline may allow hackers to have unlimited items or ressources or credits or mods

thats the only issue with a true 'offline' mode.

while I agree it can suck sometimes if your net goes down or something. but if you want to still have 'progress' in leveling and things theres not much you can do.

and since the game is of an "MMO" format and not a purchased game this sort of thing needs to be online all the time for them to make any money and keep the game running

If it's simply a "slow connection", you should be fine doing solo runs as it is basically offline except the initiation and extraction (which won't affect your gameplay, providing you still have the internet connection going during those two times).

There's no way to play if you don't have any internet connection, though, since as someone mentioned the stats are saved online, which rules out the possibility of a no-logging-in client.

I know that, but I have trouble connecting to the server, and then it will randomly lose connection. Anyway, I get what most of you are saying, hackers probably would take advantage, and there'd be no way to access the market, buy platinum, and all the other crap. Thanks for the reply's anyway.