Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game Is Way Too Easy

touchmyoldsnake

I've been playing this game for a week now, and the first thing I thought was "Wow, this game is really easy." Now I can say that, after two weeks of playing this game, "This game is still way too easy." In all honesty, the only thing that offers difficulty is the defense missions after wave 15. That's. It. This game isn't going to last most people for long if you can just blow through everything with one level 30 supercharged primary gun.

Another main issue why I'm being heavily deterred from this game is that every level feels like a grind. There's no uniqueness to any of the levels. A good possible fix to this would be to spawn a random boss or encounter on every mission. Another thing to help alleviate this would be to make the grunts much more dangerous, capable of instagibbing players. The best thing they can do is stun you some, and for any player with shield/hp mods (which is most), it will only be an inconvenience. The grunts can be blown through fairly easily, and each level, even pluto, can be literally run through.

In short, please make this game much more difficult so the game feels less of a grind and more like a game.

People have suggested a difficulty slider, and that is acceptable to a point; however, there's only so much difficulty you can add by just spawning more mobs and jacking up their health/damage; the mechanics themselves need to be harder as well.

Before anyone starts, don't you even DARE try to bring up defense missions as an argument to say the game is hard; anything that scales to infinity will naturally be impossible. The other missions need to be difficult to succeed in as well to keep the game interesting. If a Loki can literally remove all his weapons, abilities, and mods, except an unranked primary and his decoy and still solo all the missions on pluto (except Outer Terminus and the boss because of small damage output), then there's a problem.

Wow u could solo pluto. By running through.

How about exta, that ceres boss, is it easy enough for u to solo him? :)

Never fought him, but judging by his abilities on the wiki, if my ammo lasts for my rifle, I could probably beat him. Again, this is simply because he will outhealth the damage; it doesn't change the fact it's easy mechanics.

This post made me laugh. That is, until I realized how ridiculous it is. Then I cried a little in my mouth. LoL!

Are you soloing Ceres and Europa?

Other people may be getting more out the game than just getting to the end of each level or farming. Personally, the movement set and the melee is why I'm hear.

Edited by RawGritz

This post made me laugh. That is, until I realized how ridiculous it is. Then I cried a little in my mouth. LoL!

Are you soloing Ceres and Europa?

Other people may be getting more out the game than just getting to the end of each level or farming. Personally, the movement set and the melee is why I'm hear.

Ooo, ooo! I've seen one of these things before, they live under bridges! Can I feed it momma, can I feed it!?

I have a feeling you have a stalker of your own snake :\ just following you around and giving you -1 on everything you post D:

And I'll say what I did in the other thread. This game needs a planet(s) focused on delivering harder content mechanic wise, not number wise. A fight should never come down to "damn I ran out of ammo because I didn't have enough damage/ammo mod levels to eat through his immense health pool/stupid fast regenerating shields".

So I don't have a maxxed out hero with maxxed weapons but I agree the majority of missions sre very easy. I really only struggle vs infected tho that is pretty much only cause I ise a bow. Not to mention most of the missions feel exactly the same as other planets

So I don't have a maxxed out hero with maxxed weapons but I agree the majority of missions sre very easy. I really only struggle vs infected tho that is pretty much only cause I ise a bow. Not to mention most of the missions feel exactly the same as other planets

You can resolve that issue instantly by getting a heat dagger/sword/swords, since it does 100% fire damage 0% normal damage, it absolutely annihilates everything but ancients(in terms of infected anyways). Right now, the only things that stand any remote chance against me(trash wise) are high level grineer travelling in packs(which is just odd considering I have a maxed out piercing hit mod).

This game needs a planet(s) focused on delivering harder content mechanic wise, not number wise. A fight should never come down to "damn I ran out of ammo because I didn't have enough damage/ammo mod levels to eat through his immense health pool/stupid fast regenerating shields".

Difficulty is finding that perfect balance between Numbers and Mechanics, you can have the perfect AI with godly mechanics but if the numbers doesnt add up then one Radial Javelin can just blow that NPC away.

one the problems with this game is that there is no co-op feeling towards it, most of the time i just feel like its a race towards the boss and who can take out more mobs than the opposing player. There is no depth in any teamplay just the old "plow through everything" thing.

When was the last time we actually had to devise a plan to kill x y z? rather than tank and spank throughout the whole mission?

I know i'll prolly get some flak from the soloers here but why cant we have more teamwork?

Edited by Vulturnus

The trouble is that when the difficulty even starts to approach the point where teamwork is necessary, people complain until DE lowers it again and we're back to square one. People got used to being able to easily solo any mission in the game after a couple of weeks of casual play and it seems hard to change their expectations.

The huge passive buffs added after update seven and then the buff and subsequent nerf to enemy damage to compensate are the most recent examples. I can run through missions clowning enemies 10 levels higher than me without even glancing at my shields or health most of the time now.

Edited by Sealgaire

Difficulty is finding that perfect balance between Numbers and Mechanics, you can have the perfect AI with godly mechanics but if the numbers doesnt add up then one Radial Javelin can just blow that NPC away.

one the problems with this game is that there is no co-op feeling towards it, most of the time i just feel like its a race towards the boss and who can take out more mobs than the opposing player. There is no depth in any teamplay just the old "plow through everything" thing.

When was the last time we actually had to devise a plan to kill x y z? rather than tank and spank throughout the whole mission?

Jackal xP

But this was something else I touched on in the other thread. "Why should hacking only be 1 layer of security? Why is there no consequence for failing?" etc etc. Imagine if you will that you had to designate someone in the team to "hacker" and everytime they were needed the team would have to defend that person while they break through 10 increasingly difficult hack programs(something beyond just 'make the shape') and if they fail, the area starts flooding with a nerve gas that starts draining your health through your shields at an increasingly alarming rate. And as your hacking through to the final programs, bigger, badder enemies are coming to stop you. Though I suppose it raises the question of what do you do for solo...I dunno, maybe it's a little simpler and you have to do it in between waves of baddies, or maybe Lotus hacks it for you, or they have some tag-a-long npc like a hostage that does the hacking and you have to defend him. All this? This would add difficulty to the game. Btw, I'm not referring to just hacking because the security closed the doors on you, this would be for gathering the intel missions(Spy I think?).

Right now I think the main problems are:

1) The highest levels are not scaled high enough, numbers-wise, for the stat boosts you can have with maxed gear and good mods. Pluto seems tuned currently to level ~20 gear (level 15 for shotguns) with mid-level mods in them. If you have rank 30 gear with perfect mods in them you'll be able to just steamroll through.

2) You can quickly get a single set of gear to level 30 and just use that exclusively. There needs to be stat gain for mastery levels and higher levels should be tuned to account for those stat gains so people aren't running around Pluto with mastery level 1 and consuming all the end game content within a week. There is a mod grind, but the highest level mods aren't required and the current progression on those being tied to extremely low drop rates just makes you feel stagnant.

3) Enemies don't chase well enough and it seems like spawn mechanics don't kick in while there are still active enemies. This means you can just rush through levels and you'll encounter far fewer enemies than if you kill everything. Enemies need to continue to spawn as you move forward and chase you so it reaches the point that you'll just be overwhelmed if you try to skip everything and don't pull off your run perfectly.

4) AoE ultimates trivialize a lot of content, especially for how easy they are to use.

4) AoE ultimates trivialize a lot of content, especially for how easy they are to use.

I question this. It trivializes early content. However, even the grineer trash on Ceres - Pallas stop getting one shot by mine unless I invest in a Focus mod. I suppose that could also mean that Crush is underpowered in comparison to the rest, but that's what I have happen right now.

1st to anyone who says the game is to easy to solo because they run past everything, that dosent count

2nd to everyone who said the game is boring because it lack variety, ofcourse the maps are copys, its in beta the maps are mostly place holders and it dose change often with things like suddenly another faction invades or your objective changes

now to actually difficulty, yeah it could use some more (please god no instant gib that &!$$es me off more then anything i make one mistake and suddenly im dead) but it needs a way of picking your difficulty because i know alot of gamers, i know people who got to rank 15 and didnt know you could fuse mods and had no clue what polarity was, while i knew it from rank 5, i have friends who get lost constantly because instead of following there map they follow there memories, just because you can get past it like its nothing dosent mean everyone can and if the difficulty ramps to hard earlier on alot of player will give up what it really needs is more epic lvl bosses in planets that it is required you be fully loaded out but the problem with that is you are almost saying that you need to buy a orokin items to be able to go to this place and for free players you are almost limiting where they are able to go

Mobile defense missions vs Grineer tend to be quite a bit more difficult than other missions of the same level. Try the first one on Sedna with a group of randoms and you will see what I mean, unless you get lucky and have a pretty good group. Actually mobile defense missions in general tend to be a little harder than the other mission types, save occasional hostage missions where the hostage's AI fuzzes up and he doesn't follow you.

Also have you guys tried actually, ya know, fighting enemies, instead of running right to the objective and skipping out on a lot of potential loot? Brings up the difficulty, fun factor, and the rewards in each mission.

Why are you guys assuming we're running past everything?

The grunts can be blown through fairly easily, and each level, even pluto, can be literally run through.

There's also the issue that the game is significantly easier when you are running past everything, so someone that does that is more likely to think lack of difficulty is a problem.

There's also the issue that the game is significantly easier when you are running past everything, so someone that does that is more likely to think lack of difficulty is a problem.

He uses a shotgun and just kinda runs over everything, not past it.

warframeresultssolo_zps90d50aaa.jpg

I think I skipped 4 guys at the end, oops?

the game mechanics are still a bit to easy and sometimes to simple. its ment to be easy though, so the normal enemy mechanics are good as they are and can be adjusted.

but having more unique missions, boss fights or unfirseen encounters would pretty much do the deal, wouldn't it?

things like the hyiena wallwalking, which i have mentioned in a thread, would be a great improvement in the boss round and funny to play.

blocking and evading mechanics could be improved, so that the deal is maybe to play perfect and staggered-free, rather than fight to your death, because of to hard enemies.

Edited by Kronk