Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Game Is Way Too Easy

touchmyoldsnake

Deaths : 1

Sounds like mission failed to me

I got reckless when my ammo was low. It was a death that should not have happened and could have been avoided. That is my fault, not a case of the game being too hard.

its ment to be easy though

Eh? Meant to be easy? What are you talking about?

things like the hyiena wallwalking, which i have mentioned in a thread, would be a great improvement in the boss round and funny to play.

That boss fight would be dramatically improved if it was an actual pack that shared the same agro table. I'm not saying it should be 5-8, even just 3 would be a big deal. Hyena is a joke in his current form...so much for being an improved jackal.

He uses a shotgun and just kinda runs over everything, not past it.

Indeed I do. Even on pluto, mobs are trivial. I ignore them as I kill them all in one hit with my shotgun and completely forget about the concept of using cover. A game with 0 difficulty isn't a fun game whatsoever because it boils down to collecting goodies and leveling. If I wanted to do either of that with zero sense of difficulty or enjoyment, I would play farmville.

Eh? Meant to be easy? What are you talking about?

It's kinda ment to be player vs trillions of enemies slashing epicly through like samurai ninjas or monks.

it definetely now needs to have a substitute challenge inside the game, but i can understand that some enemies go down very easy. you can improve their tactical Ai and response to some basic action you do, but i don't see a need of giving the enemy more challangeness, but some sort of challenge in rewards for not beeing hit or not gotten staggered etc..

sorry if some of my explanations are bad, im no native speaker.

Difficulty is finding that perfect balance between Numbers and Mechanics, you can have the perfect AI with godly mechanics but if the numbers doesnt add up then one Radial Javelin can just blow that NPC away.

one the problems with this game is that there is no co-op feeling towards it, most of the time i just feel like its a race towards the boss and who can take out more mobs than the opposing player. There is no depth in any teamplay just the old "plow through everything" thing.

When was the last time we actually had to devise a plan to kill x y z? rather than tank and spank throughout the whole mission?

I know i'll prolly get some flak from the soloers here but why cant we have more teamwork?

I know it was said not to bring up defense missions, but me and my clan, we have a lot of collaboration going on during defense. On the higher levels, you need certain powers in certain places at a certain time or else the entire controlled mob aggro's will fall apart and thus ruining a mission. It really does take some strategic planning and call-outs during gameplay to make an effective team, and this pretty much applies to any missions that're somewhat difficult. (At least in my experience).

Edited by lolk

Anyone who thinks this game is hard is a noob and total trash at video games.

This game is too damn easy right now. I barely play it, and yet WITH THE OLD LOKI's HP values (the ones they had three weeks ago at 75 hp 75 shields) I was able to effortlessly solo every level in the game with a lv. 30 shotgun and Energy Siphon.

This game is a joke. It's not FUN if I can just hold down my w key and plow through everyone.

Bottom line: Bring back old health values, increase enemy AI to be better killers, and adjust rewards to match the difficulty level.

Otherwise, this game is great. Digital Extreme just needs to fix the easy cheesy factor of War frame and we'll have a winner.

Also, nerf Rhino.

This game used to be great! But lately it's just not as challenging. The people who've been saying the game needs to be nerfed I guess don't enjoy a game that makes you have to run back in order to live. There's no more having to think in game anymore. The people I play with don't even want to be bothered with it anymore since all of the changes have been made to make it easier. PLEASE MAKE IT FUN AGAIN!

...and no, i don't want to have to do runs for lvl 40 or higher in order to accomplish this. I'm tired of all the catering to the casual gamers, whom of which just want an easy win going on.

OR to cater to them, at least have a way to change the difficulty.

geesh.

also fix the stats so that they don't favor the host anymore.

Edited by Epiphony

The game either needs serious tweaks, or tons of extra content that is much, much harder than what we currently have access to. The difficulty (or lack thereof) was the contributing factor for pretty much all of my friends quitting this game; you can either have "absurd hp and shielding" or "extremely absurd hp and shielding" based on your warframe and mods. Pluto is a joke, and it's supposed to be the "high level" content.

This game had many unique challanges; they're being phased out. Shockwave moa's seem to be a thing of the past. Grineer used to have insane crowd control and extreme target focus due to hitscan weapons; now they need to unload 40 magazines into you before they can even scratch your HP pool. Sedna's boss before was insane, and awesome. She had nigh hitscan grenades that would onehit kill most players, fast rockets that required precision dodging, and ball spam to boot. Now, she has a barely faster rocket launcher and whiffs 99% of her grenades so hard you'd think she were in 1st grade softball. Assuming she can even hit you, it would take 5+ rockets to kill most warframes, and that's assuming she doesn't miss one so you can instantly recover 300+ shields.

What happened to my teambased co-op shooter that required and allowed for multiple combinations to overcome unique challanges? It was enjoyable when you had multiple viable options to overcome different scenarios; now, it's just a race to farm the most mobs as you sprint for the exit.

If the current game is a representation of the very base of the gameplay and you plan on adding a ton of new content in which the current enemies are just the "fodder" types, then I guess I get it. It's a beta and you need to create different content. Some sort of communication would be nice, however; I really enjoy this game and I hate seeing all my friends quit due to tedium.

Take off your shield and health mods. It's what I do if I want a challenge. Fight through (fight, not run, dont use sprint at all) an entire level, actually taking everyone out and using abilities more than your shotgun.

The game is fairly easy, but people aren't accounting the fact that they are also plowing through it using the strongest gear avialable. Having too much shields and health is entirely your choice, seeing as you choose how high to build up your mods. People who are skilled can run with low/no defensive mods and more power mods. People who aren't as good can stack it higher and have that extra buffer.

Take off your shield and health mods. It's what I do if I want a challenge. Fight through (fight, not run, dont use sprint at all) an entire level, actually taking everyone out and using abilities more than your shotgun.

The game is fairly easy, but people aren't accounting the fact that they are also plowing through it using the strongest gear avialable. Having too much shields and health is entirely your choice, seeing as you choose how high to build up your mods. People who are skilled can run with low/no defensive mods and more power mods. People who aren't as good can stack it higher and have that extra buffer.

Telling players to take off their good equipment to get some semblance of difficulty is lazy and inadequate. I'm enjoying the new game feel of this for now, but I can feel it slowly fading as I plow through everything except defense missions.

Telling players to take off their good equipment to get some semblance of difficulty is lazy and inadequate. I'm enjoying the new game feel of this for now, but I can feel it slowly fading as I plow through everything except defense missions.

Not this again. Now that the HP/Shield mods are optional and you use them then complain the game is easy, not a smart way to make an argument.

Personally with new patch/update release new mods, these type of mindset will restrict your future builds because your playstyle relies on extra durability from these mods. Take them off and goes with other mods, experiment more.

Those mods are optional for a reason. I can see why they exist, its to make it easier when you're not avoiding damage. As one starts getting better at not getting hit, thats when you should make the switch to mods that are for personal flavor, or mods that are great for mobility/utility. I used to have shields, health, and armor on my ash and excal., but I took them off once I got used to the warframes in favor of increased stamina, run spead, and power mods, essentially becomming a glass cannon that can use abilities far more often and runs really, really fast.

That being said, I'm personally hoping for a "hard mode" for levels where a few shots from even a single grunt will kill you.

They really need to drop down shield and health mod values quite a bit, since they are pre-passive values (stupidly @(*()$ high). Pre U7, you couldn't really get to these stupidly insane numbers that people have.

Also: Sponginess is a poor way of increasing difficulty. Sponginess encourages usage of a few select weapons to get the job done. Damage output and attack strategy variation will increase difficulty. Lower health values of enemies by half, double the damage they can deal. Right now it feels like their attacks tickle most of my frames (even on Eris), and I'm not using health or shield mods to boost my survivability on most of my frames.

So... yeah. I do think the enemy AI isn't dangerous enough to be threatening. I think they're too spongey and not scary at all. What made godlike bots in Unreal Tournament threatening? Their accuracy, their response speed, how quickly they moved, and how unpredictable their movements could be at times. The grineer are slow. The corpus are slow. Half of the time they'll just stand still for you behind insufficient cover. They should be jumpier and faster at higher levels.

Edited by Vaskadar

Truth be told, the enemies seem to have become a pack of pussies after U7, their AI seems to have been downgraded. srsly, they were slightly more difficult before U7. :/

The bigger problem in here is the community. When U7 came out, people literally shat their pants because they couldn't go through any planets right from the bat.

If they increase the difficulty, some people will get really mad.

So why not add a ''hard difficulty'' into missions. More enemies, tougher enemies, advanced attack patterns etcetc. This would give better loot but would be really, really, really difficult to solo.

He uses a shotgun and just kinda runs over everything, not past it.

warframeresultssolo_zps90d50aaa.jpg

I think I skipped 4 guys at the end, oops?

Not sure how you get so few mobs, most likely not extermination mission since you said you skipped couple guys at end. All my solo (or with my group) missions have a kill count between 200+ and 300+. I can easily skip all mobs spamming smoke screen and sprinting with acceleration from acrobatics (short bumps on walls side running for large leaps) but what's the point in that?

@OP: so game is easy when you run / hide away from everything, geeez no wonder in a combat related game you have it easy when you avoid contact, duh. I see what you said like a level 1 gets to pluto by a friend who then leaves game, and the level 1 sits in start area behind a crate and says geez this game is so easy guys, am lvl 1 on pluto and nothing can kill me!

I think we need to keep in mind guys these guys are working their butts off to get the next update out and this is still beta.

I don't think it's good justice to complain about something that will be changing, the whole thing could be different in 2 months time. You never know :p

I'm perfectly fine for you to state your opinion for what needs to be fixed but to start complaining about it I think is not appropriate, this is a beta. Critic is what they need not complaints. Complaints should happen when the game is released because that is when it is suppose to be at its prime stage but to complain now is not correct. I'm sure all of your "opinions" are already being discussed by the creators. I'm quite sure they will expand bigger and I think you believe that too..

Remember this is a beta and they are working very hard.

But to deal with your issue now. Maybe you could challenge yourself to solo every single mission I think that would take a bit to do because some of them are quite hard.

I don't write this out of anger I write this to show the injustice you give the creators when you are having the benefit of the doubt to play the game for free and enjoy all of their hard work. You can share opinion but complaining is out of the question.

My thought on all this? Well, I think pretty much every one of you have valid points to make, and mostly made them well.

BUT (yeah, I saw it coming too)

, this is a SHOOTER,

they are ALWAYS repetitive,

it is the NATURE of the game type....

And, because of that, eventually, every player, good or bad, 'outgrows' the NPC AI.... ALWAYS.

(Even the poor Russian guy with anger control issues on youtube eventually got better.... lol)

I am hearing expectations beyond the nature of the game type... If DE is willing to attempt to provide it, great, if not, it is what it is, a shooter.

Edited by GrimmLiberty

I think we need to keep in mind guys these guys are working their butts off to get the next update out and this is still beta.

I don't think it's good justice to complain about something that will be changing, the whole thing could be different in 2 months time. You never know :p

I'm perfectly fine for you to state your opinion for what needs to be fixed but to start complaining about it I think is not appropriate, this is a beta. Critic is what they need not complaints. Complaints should happen when the game is released because that is when it is suppose to be at its prime stage but to complain now is not correct. I'm sure all of your "opinions" are already being discussed by the creators. I'm quite sure they will expand bigger and I think you believe that too..

Remember this is a beta and they are working very hard.

But to deal with your issue now. Maybe you could challenge yourself to solo every single mission I think that would take a bit to do because some of them are quite hard.

I don't write this out of anger I write this to show the injustice you give the creators when you are having the benefit of the doubt to play the game for free and enjoy all of their hard work. You can share opinion but complaining is out of the question.

Wow, dude. As I read this, all I could think about was the episode of "My name is Earl" where randy repeats the same thought for approx. 5 minutes. We get it, it's beta, and you don't like it when people complain. The fact is, the complaints are a form of critisizm, and complaining that the game isn't hard enough is a form of letting the devs know that they should implement a "hard mode" or a challenge to really hook the players.

Because, if there isn't a hard mode, the players wont be able to be hooked to the game. It's not that we don't like the game, it's just that it isn't hard enough at this point. Making it too hard for everyone might not be the answer, but we should let them know that an option for a hard mode is a good idea. Because if it's too easy, then the appeal of the game might not catch on.

Sometimes easy games get boring, because they're too easy. Since this is in Beta, they should make various difficulties so that the game can be harder, because when games are hard it takes a while for people to beat them. And if it takes a while for people to beat them, they stay hooked because the game is hard. But, if it was too easy, they'd beat it and that would be that.

If the game had an option for it to be hard, then people wouldn't have to just play on easy mode, they could play on hard mode. And lets face it, there are a lot of players that think it's too easy right now. So if they could be able to play on hard mode, then it wouldn't be easy for them and it would make them face a challenge. When they face a challenge, they have to try to overcome it because it's human nauture and they'de get more hooked.

If the game had the hard mode, then they'ed get hooked to the challenge since it wasn't easy. If it was too easy, then they wouldn't get hooked to the hard mode at all, because it was too easy. And if it was too easy, then they'd want a hard mode because it wasn't hard enough, because when a game is hard it makes a person try to beat it and when they beat it, it makes them feel good. But they can't feel good if they beat a game that's too easy, because it's not hard enough.

I don't write this out of anger I write this to show the injustice you give the forum posters when you are having the benefit of the doubt to make suggestions in a beta forum for free and enjoy all of their hard work. You can share opinion but suggesting things is a great way to make an awsome game better.

Edited by Silver_Bullet

Wow, dude. As I read this, all I could think about was the episode of "My name is Earl" where randy repeats the same thought for approx. 5 minutes. We get it, it's beta, and you don't like it when people complain. The fact is, the complaints are a form of critisizm, and complaining that the game isn't hard enough is a form of letting the devs know that they should implement a "hard mode" or a challenge to really hook the players.

Because, if there isn't a hard mode, the players wont be able to be hooked to the game. It's not that we don't like the game, it's just that it isn't hard enough at this point. Making it too hard for everyone might not be the answer, but we should let them know that an option for a hard mode is a good idea. Because if it's too easy, then the appeal of the game might not catch on.

Sometimes easy games get boring, because they're too easy. Since this is in Beta, they should make various difficulties so that the game can be harder, because when games are hard it takes a while for people to beat them. And if it takes a while for people to beat them, they stay hooked because the game is hard. But, if it was too easy, they'd beat it and that would be that.

If the game had an option for it to be hard, then people wouldn't have to just play on easy mode, they could play on hard mode. And lets face it, there are a lot of players that think it's too easy right now. So if they could be able to play on hard mode, then it wouldn't be easy for them and it would make them face a challenge. When they face a challenge, they have to try to overcome it because it's human nauture and they'de get more hooked.

If the game had the hard mode, then they'ed get hooked to the challenge since it wasn't easy. If it was too easy, then they wouldn't get hooked to the hard mode at all, because it was too easy. And if it was too easy, then they'd want a hard mode because it wasn't hard enough, because when a game is hard it makes a person try to beat it and when they beat it, it makes them feel good. But they can't feel good if they beat a game that's too easy, because it's not hard enough.

I don't write this out of anger I write this to show the injustice you give the forum posters when you are having the benefit of the doubt to make suggestions in a beta forum for free and enjoy all of their hard work. You can share opinion but suggesting things is a great way to make an awsome game better.

Everything you said I believe and those are very good suggestions, thanks for them :)

Much better to write it like that then to complain about it. Like I said critic and complaints are 2 different things and you sir did a very good job on criticing the game :) thanks for your support. I was regarding also the forum rules of respect and sometimes people forget to give a little respect and start bashing a little about it.

Thanks for repeating that these are suggestions for the forums and creators and yes we can enjoy is awesome game that they made.

I also like the fact how you wrote it was very clear to readers what you wanted to say. Much like I wanted readers to understand what I was saying :)

Edited by GiantB

Not sure how you get so few mobs, most likely not extermination mission since you said you skipped couple guys at end. All my solo (or with my group) missions have a kill count between 200+ and 300+. I can easily skip all mobs spamming smoke screen and sprinting with acceleration from acrobatics (short bumps on walls side running for large leaps) but what's the point in that?

To tell the truth that was an oddly small map. It was a Spy mission with 4 data terminals that were all within 1 room of each other, and the extraction point 2 rooms away from that. Most of the time it's between 80-150 though, doesn't get higher than that unless I'm camping an infinite respawner or doing a defense mission.

EDIT:

Also I'm getting really tired of being suggested to that I should drop the shotgun(that I don't have), stop rushing through levels skipping enemies(which I don't do), and being told to unequip my shield/health for damage options(which don't exist outside of energy skills and I'm not playing a warframe with a spammable kill energy skill).

Edited by Ghobe

To tell the truth that was an oddly small map. It was a Spy mission with 4 data terminals that were all within 1 room of each other, and the extraction point 2 rooms away from that. Most of the time it's between 80-150 though, doesn't get higher than that unless I'm camping an infinite respawner or doing a defense mission.

EDIT:

Also I'm getting really tired of being suggested to that I should drop the shotgun(that I don't have), stop rushing through levels skipping enemies(which I don't do), and being told to unequip my shield/health for damage options(which don't exist outside of energy skills and I'm not playing a warframe with a spammable kill energy skill).

You're obviously too good at this game, perhaps you should invest your time in a more difficult activity to get the satisfaction you desire.

When I want to be seriously challenged I play a pvp game with rated matchmaking that forces you to play against people of your same skill level, not a coop game.

Edited by Synapse_X