Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unlocking Inventory Slots

AveonFlyer

I'm appreciative of the 50 platinum we get to play around with, and the best option to spend them on it seems are inventory slots (in my opinion). However I feel like there should be other ways of unlocking more inventory space. Like a certain amount of credits, or as a reward for leveling up. 1 warframe slot per level up and a few weapon slots would be nice. Thoughts?

I agree. Perhaps as the game matures, they'll allow credit purchases for inventory and warframe slots. I understand why they lock them to Platinum. They're non-essential to the overall game and you do get some Platinum to play around with and use if wanted, but I agree that a very high credit price would be reasonable too. Y'know, make it expensive to buy a new Warframe slot, but achievable if someone works hard enough. This game is always changing though, so who knows. A whole different inventory system could be in the works as we speak!

Since the slots are one of few things the developer makes money with, I think its good as it is. no need to make this game more unprofitable and give the player really everything for free....

As you can see im Founder too so im ready to support warframe(just sayed this so my message wont probably look like so hostile, or single minded), but if you say game is "free to play" i think you should be able to get everything in game: with Credits, blueprints and other stuff in this case. You can't "force" people to buy more slots with real money.

It looks awkward to me that once you hit 8weapons and 2 warfames, and they are all lvl 30, you can't anymore level up your account, mastery levels in this case. IF YOU DON'T sell some of your precious weapons and warframes to start up new ones.(which you used lots of time grinding and leveling up with.)

In my opinion there should be way to increase your warframe / weapon slots just by playing this game. Free to play games have to stay free to play games. If you market game as F2P, but it really isn't, it makes company look like fools, in my humble opinion. Warframe is still in It's beta state, so this feature could be changed before the "whole game" actually comes out.

I don't have lot's of reason to whine about, warframe/weapon-slots costing platina, but some people probably have, and that's bad for a game which is meant to be "free to play". Here it's sayed u can get everything by playing expect some founders package items. https://warframe.com/faq <- It should be maybe changed if there is not way to get those warframe&inventory-slots by just playing. I felt this thing was worth mentioning.

I hope my message didn't sound like whiny/hostile. It's just the way I try to examine these kinds of things from neutral point of view.

EDIT: Before somebody shoots me down, ofcourse there is that free 50platiun, (which AveonFlyer mentioned already), but anyway, it's just 50platinium, highly appreciated, but worth of 2warframe, slots, or couple of weapons. With this money you can play for pretty long obviously, and you should maybe then support Warframe but ~~~~

I'm out, other thoughts on this?

Edited by Milkin

well still you get 50 platin when you start the game, wat is pritty good and if you buy 1 warframe and 4 weapon slots... you can play pritty loong time as free...

and wat goes to F2P

well i think if you are playing 40h a week and you like a game and you shud suport it little

just saying

To still make this profitable I'm somewhat okay with it staying a plat only thing, but if they do make this part free I would suggest that it be a bp drop from daily only and the cost be astronomical. My bp suggestion is something along the lines of every warframe bp (gotta be able to fit any of the frames in there) and half the cost of all those bp's to actually build it, just as a starting point for price.

As you can see im Founder too so im ready to support warframe(just sayed this so my message wont probably look like so hostile, or single minded), but if you say game is "free to play" i think you should be able to get everything in game: with Credits, blueprints and other stuff in this case. You can't "force" people to buy more slots with real money.

It looks awkward to me that once you hit 8weapons and 2 warfames, and they are all lvl 30, you can't anymore level up your account, mastery levels in this case. IF YOU DON'T sell some of your precious weapons and warframes to start up new ones.(which you used lots of time grinding and leveling up with.)

In my opinion there should be way to increase your warframe / weapon slots just by playing this game. Free to play games have to stay free to play games. If you market game as F2P, but it really isn't, it makes company look like fools, in my humble opinion. Warframe is still in It's beta state, so this feature could be changed before the "whole game" actually comes out.

I don't have lot's of reason to whine about, warframe/weapon-slots costing platina, but some people probably have, and that's bad for a game which is meant to be "free to play". Here it's sayed u can get everything by playing expect some founders package items. https://warframe.com/faq <- It should be maybe changed if there is not way to get those warframe&inventory-slots by just playing. I felt this thing was worth mentioning.

I hope my message didn't sound like whiny/hostile. It's just the way I try to examine these kinds of things from neutral point of view.

EDIT: Before somebody shoots me down, ofcourse there is that free 50platiun, (which AveonFlyer mentioned already), but anyway, it's just 50platinium, highly appreciated, but worth of 2warframe, slots, or couple of weapons. With this money you can play for pretty long obviously, and you should maybe then support Warframe but ~~~~

I'm out, other thoughts on this?

not a single F2P game I know gives you every last item through playing. Why does WF have to do this? Isnt it enough to get every frame/weapon through playing? isnt it enough to get 50 start plat to buy additional Slots? Or the daily reward that might give you a potatoe? I think Free2Play players get all the stuff they need to not have any disadvantages over players who actually pay. This game is the most fair game ive seen so far. I dont think we need another thing that everyone gets for nothing....

I'm not suggesting they do away with the option to unlock inventory slots with platinum. All I'm saying is it would be nice if there were more options to go about getting more slots.

If there would be even more ways to get slots, no one would actually buy them anymore. I mean if you have 3 ways to get something for free, would you actually pay for the thing?

not a single F2P game I know gives you every last item through playing. Why does WF have to do this? Isnt it enough to get every frame/weapon through playing? isnt it enough to get 50 start plat to buy additional Slots? Or the daily reward that might give you a potatoe? I think Free2Play players get all the stuff they need to not have any disadvantages over players who actually pay. This game is the most fair game ive seen so far. I dont think we need another thing that everyone gets for nothing....

League Of Legends for one. Planetside 2 maybe... Why do they make it free? Well, it's so that they are successful. I know LoL is. PS2, I'm not sure but it's certainly not dead.

have to agree at Venarge... and remind that if they put this compleatly free i think game wud go under pritty fast as almost all wud do the simple thing and not to pay...

well dont remember alot about planetside 2 exept it's F2P, but as i recal there were things that you can to buy whit real money... were they important to game or just making your caracter nicer... that i cant recall

Edited by Madbat77

If there would be even more ways to get slots, no one would actually buy them anymore. I mean if you have 3 ways to get something for free, would you actually pay for the thing?

Atleast i bought my AKBOLTO, and some warframes with platinium, even when there was an option to get them just through doing missions. People will keep contributing and supporting a game that they think is good, no matter how many ways u can get something.

As, RayDrazon mentioned, League of Legends is completely free expect for skins. That is truly mark of the succesfull game. I don't see why warframe could not be one if they keep improving it, making more weapons, warframes, hc-content and other stuff, etc.

Edited by Milkin

Atleast i bought my AKBOLTO, and some warframes with platinium, even when there was an option to get them just through doing missions. People will keep contributing and supporting a game that they think is good, no matter how many ways u can get something.

As, RayDrazon mentioned, League of Legends is completely free expect for skins. That is truly mark of the succesfull game. I don't see why warframe could not be one if they keep improving it, making more weapons, warframes, hc-content and other stuff, etc.

well you are one person....

There you have it. Skins. In WF, skins have abilities. and can be found. besides that. Its much harder to get one of the newer LoL chars. You get 300 exp if you get lucky. 20 times x 30mins (So long does a usual LoL take. At least the ones I play...) = 600 mins/ 6hours. I got 2 of 3 frame parts in 15mins.... You cant compare LoL with this game because in LoL, you dont have the luck factor. You get your exp. there is no "luck" that might give you 1000 out of nowhere....

And we are talking about a "small" independent studio, not Riot games....

Please never compare LoL with WF when it comes to theF2P model... It just cant be compared so please no more tries to make them "even"

lol_infographic.png

Edited by Venarge

There you have it. Skins. In WF, skins have abilities. and can be found. besides that. Its much harder to get one of the newer LoL chars. You get 300 exp if you get lucky. 20 times x 30mins (So long does a usual LoL take. At least the ones I play...) = 600 mins/ 6hours. I got 2 of 3 frame parts in 15mins.... You cant compare LoL with this game because in LoL, you dont have the luck factor. You get your exp. there is no "luck" that might give you 1000 out of nowhere....

And we are talking about a "small" independent studio, not Riot games....

Please never compare LoL with WF when it comes to theF2P model... It just cant be compared so please no more tries to make them "even"

If you didn't play since beta please do not comment. At the beginning i thing that there were 15 or less champions that cost 6300 IP and the other 40 or more were 3150 or lower.

And your comparison is dead wrong, warframes do not equal skins they equal champions. The only thing that you can't get in LoL are the skins which are purchased with RP, other than that you can get ANYTHING!

It took Riot games 2 or 3 years after they RELEASED( NOT BETA ) to reach the point that they did, they were also small in the beginning but got bigger! You can't expect to get big instantly, but warframe has a good ideea and is fun to play and has all the potential to BECOME big!

Also i don't see why WF can't do what LoL did. Just release skins for the warframes, make them NOT obtainable through any other means other than plat. As it stands the system is extremely grindy and not fun especially for new players because you have slots which you have to buy, different colors that you have to buy, you have orokin reactors and catalysts that you have to buy unless you want to watch warframe every 30 minutes for a week for a chance to get them on alert missions with ? reward (which has an extremely slim chance). Also a new warframe takes a TON of farming to get, some people have reported doing over 60 runs on a boss to get all the components, not to mention the times it takes to level up a warframe.

In my opinnion they should make helmets and colors only obtainable through platinum and add other stuff like shoulder pads, leg pads or faces that you can buy for warframes. Some boosters for xp will also make it better(only purchasable with plat) becasue people would purchase them so that you can level-up a warframe faster. Also make it so that there's no need to buy slots (either craftable or eliminate tham entirely) and make orokin reactors craftable by buying a blueprint from the shop with 100000 creds and make them more common in alert missions.

At the moment it takes over 200 hours to farm all the warframes and get all the weapons. If in the beta of League of Legends that your so fond of, i played 200 hours i would have had 90% of the heroes, maybe even all of them. You guys can downvote me all you want, but a succesfull F2P game always was the one that allowed it's free players to get all the content for free in time except for vanity items, which this game DOES NOT HAVE since you have to PAY if you want to have all the warframes or weapons or if you want to feel powerfull since orokins are so extremely rare.

Doesn't change the fact that people will support game they like. And yeah, sorry for not mentioning im only one person when I wrote my message here. Thought that had been pretty obvious. Still i think there is lot's of people who are ready to support WF(like most of founders), even if WF.s features could be achieved freely, instead of using real money.

Anyway i think that last LoL information-dump message started pulling this thread really out of it's original trails :P

Free2Play doesnt mean free to have everything without disadvantage. You get all the content for free. You get 50 start plat that allows you to buy slots. if you dont have the slots for new stuff, make space for it. You dont have to pay for anything. Just because people want everything at once doesnt mean you have to pay for the game to get all the content. If you dont want to pay, ok. But dont assume that this game has to give you every single thing for nothing just because its free to play. You dont have any disadvantage over players who pay. And if DE wants to make skins obtainable through playing, so be it. This game doesnt have to be like LoL to be succesful.

Edited by Venarge

Free2Play doesnt mean free to have everything without disadvantage. You get all the content for free. You get 50 start plat that allows you to buy slots. if you dont have the slots for new stuff, make space for it. You dont have to pay for anything. Just because people want everything at once doesnt mean you have to pay for the game to get all the content. If you dont want to pay, ok. But dont assume that this game has to give you every single thing for nothing just because its free to play. You dont have any disadvantage over players who pay. And if DE wants to make skins obtainable through playing, so be it. This game doesnt have to be like LoL to be succesful.

I'll just copy-paste what i wrote:

At the moment it takes over 200 hours to farm all the warframes and get all the weapons. If in the beta of League of Legends that your so fond of, i played 200 hours i would have had 90% of the heroes, maybe even all of them. You guys can downvote me all you want, but a succesfull F2P game always was the one that allowed it's free players to get all the content for free in time except for vanity items, which this game DOES NOT HAVE since you have to PAY if you want to have all the warframes or weapons or if you want to feel powerfull since orokins are so extremely rare.

Which succesfull F2P game is NOT like LoL in some degree to be succesfull? Want some examples? World of tanks, Blacklight retribution, Team Fortress 2, DOTA 2. Any other F2P game except a few that i probably missed are unsuccesfull or are braking even and even so they are not popular. One example is SWTOR which for a Star Wars F2P game should have alot more players, but because the F2P model is bad only a few dedicated people play it.

The game DOESN'T GIVE ME ANYTHING FOR FREE since i waste time! So i have to play alot in order to get something. Problem is that there are stuff in the game that are necessary if you want to advance, mostly slots and orokins, that are impossible to get without paying plat.

Also don't put words in my mouth! i never said that i wanted everything free, you can purchase colors, skins,xp boosts only with plat so there is no way for me to obtain them without paying. But as it is the system is flawed because you ARE more powerfull with a supercharged warframe or weapon, so you do buy power if you pay with money! Compared to LoL, the only way to buy power is with runes but you have to play in order to get them because they aren't purchasabele with money!

And why not be like LoL if it succesfull? If you don't know the saying, I'll tel you: if something works don't fix it!

if something works don't fix it!

Well at least your right about something.... The actual game is good as it is. No need to fix something that works...

Besides that. 200 hours for all frames is an personal opinion.... Not a fact. Others might be faster or slower.

And the only thing you actually cant get from playing are slots/colors. So there are these little things that must be paid for. Not bad for a F2P game. But there will always people who want every last thing....

But I couldnt care less. Im fine without spending my plat so far.

Edited by Venarge

Well at least your right about something.... The actual game is good as it is. No need to fix something that works...

Besides that. 200 hours for all frames is an personal opinion.... Not a fact. Others might be faster or slower.

And the only thing you actually cant get from playing are slots/colors. So there are these little things that must be paid for. Not bad for a F2P game. But there will always people who want every last thing....

But I couldnt care less. Im fine without spending my plat so far.

110 hours, barely got 5 warframes. Not just a personal opinion, and i don't even have all the weapons. If you put in the time it takes to actualyl craft warframes (3 days) it's even more, but i guess that would be unfair.

Slots are not little things, they are necessary because without them you can't get all the warframes and weapons. And a question, how much did you play and did you ever get a orokin reactor or catalyst from random drops? if you did how much did you play until you got one?

And skins can be added to the game, xp boosts can be aded to the game, this is still beta anything can change. And even if you don't want to admit it the system IS flawed since you can buy power with orokin reactors which you could obtain very hard before, now they are even harder to get!

Edited by Story4

I got 6 catas and 6 reactors from rewards. hmm. time. I would say 2 weeks before the last Q&A till the 06.04. Not that much time.

And you dont need any slots to get all frames. You just cant have them all at the same time. Thats a difference.....

And since U7, reactors are not so necessary anymore since you still get the ulti even without the reactor

Edited by Venarge

Seems some people who used money on this game are angry, because players who didn't use money want free to play games to be, actually free to play.

I myself used money in this game(and will probably upgrade my account to master's later to support DE more), but that DOESN'T MEAN I should start saying everyone else should do that, if they want to play lots of different warframes and play with different gun. Selling old high level frames and weapons to increase your mastery level doesn't sound fair for thouse who seek F2P.

I don't see why to be mad at F2P players if you yourself supported this game? Does using money make you feel so superior that you can rage openly at forums, at these inferior people who didn't want to use money in WF right away?

PS:As for Venarge, next time you could just link something if it takes 2 pages to paste in the forums.

EDIT: And yes, i think there could be cosmetic things, like colors, and skin-like features which could cost real money. Or something else if DE comes up with better ideas. Anyhow, in my humble opinion, there should not be features you almost "have to buy" to develop in the game.

Edited by Milkin

Seems some people who used money on this game are angry, because players who didn't use money want free to play games to be, actually free to play.

I myself used money in this game(and will probably upgrade my account to master's later to support DE more), but that DOESN'T MEAN I should start saying everyone else should do that, if they want to play lots of different warframes and play with different gun. Selling old high level frames and weapons to increase your mastery level doesn't sound fair for thouse who seek F2P.

I don't see why to be mad at F2P players if you yourself supported this game? Does using money make you feel so superior that you can rage openly at forums, at these inferior people who didn't want to use money in WF right away?

PS:As for Venarge, next time you could just link something if it takes 2 pages to paste in the forums.

EDIT: And yes, i think there could be cosmetic things, like colors, and skin-like features which could cost real money. Or something else if DE comes up with better ideas. Anyhow, in my humble opinion, there should not be features you almost "have to buy" to develop in the game.

I can come up with new ideeas: XP boosts, mod drop boosts (like if you pick up a mod a chance to get a second mod), shoulder plates or faces for warframes (real faces), sentinel skins, the ability to choose more location to put color (like a different color for left and right arm). Just a few. It's not hard, still enough time to implement it and the game is still in beta.

@SlyBoots, yes really.