The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Freeze On Auto-Fusion Using Cores

Lord_of_Lords

Hi DE,

I have found a freeze that I can replicate on multiple systems and I believe it is due to my massive number of mods and cores.

I have an almost max Sentinel Redirection and have been too cheap to spend my any of my 2 mil to up it that last tic.  

I have the following number of mods:

Duplicates: 8,951

Cores:        721

Total:          9,971

To cause a freeze, I select my sentinel redirection from the installed mods tab in the arsenal, click fusion, and click auto-fuse -> fusion cores.  The game hangs until I kill it.  Windows reports that the Evolution Engine is not responding because the message pump thread has also locked up (if you're not using a message pump thread you should consider it -- it is required to allow sub-frame input timing).

I can provide more information (and screenshots) if you want.  I just don't know what you need to take a look at this.  

I feel like the game is trying every combination of all of my cores to see which combination is the best fit and to check each of these combinations it is trying to poll my entire mod list.  Either some bad logic like that is in use or auto-fusion is using recursion and 721 cores is too much for the set stack space.

Thanks!

Lord_of_Lords