Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Joys Of Leveling

This is more of a "wish I could have more of" thread.

I love leveling weapons, to me there's just a complete feeling of accomplishment so much in fact that when I get to Lvl 30...I feel as if there is no other purpose for the weapon. With the exception of the Marelock, after lvl 30 I almost never use the same weapon/suit anymore. Even putting a second or third forma or even a potato on it to me they are "meh". Are there any other ideas for what else I could do with weapons? 

So you love to level weapons, but you don't like putting forma's on them... I don't get it.

Edit: I guess if you really want you can just rebuild the same weapons over and over in the foundry and re-level those. Whatever floats your boat man.

Edited by RancidTurnip1603

What makes your loadout powerful is having maxed out mods and being able to put them all on your warframe/weapons without going over the capacity. That rank level shouldn't be the only thing you're caring about when it comes to progression of power and utility.

This is why forma exists. To give your loadout an edge, while being a little specialized in some builds because you have to choose a polarity which may or may not bite you if a mod you want comes.

So far though I have to say polarizing a weapon doesn't have the same emotional investments as it would for a warframe, mainly because you have 4 skill mods to consider keeping which gives you less room, and you may or may not fiddle around with them. Weapons you have a lot more space to play with.

So you love to level weapons, but you don't like putting forma's on them... I don't get it.

Edit: I guess if you really want you can just rebuild the same weapons over and over in the foundry and re-level those. Whatever floats your boat man.

Well trying to find the blueprint for forma is a PITA for me. I grind and grind and get an occasional blueprint but almost never for Forma, so to me I might as well put an Orokin Catylist on it since I have a higher chance of getting one of those. If the Dojo offered Forma Blueprint builds I'd do that all day long. 

The only thing I can really think of is finding something you really like and overkilling it with Forma.

You won't last long in high-end stuff if you're just levelling things to 30 and jumping over to another thing :p

That's what I did with the Marelock but then I ran out of space. 

What makes your loadout powerful is having maxed out mods and being able to put them all on your warframe/weapons without going over the capacity. That rank level shouldn't be the only thing you're caring about when it comes to progression of power and utility.

This is why forma exists. To give your loadout an edge, while being a little specialized in some builds because you have to choose a polarity which may or may not bite you if a mod you want comes.

So far though I have to say polarizing a weapon doesn't have the same emotional investments as it would for a warframe, mainly because you have 4 skill mods to consider keeping which gives you less room, and you may or may not fiddle around with them. Weapons you have a lot more space to play with.

I guess with what I've said before, If I had a higher chance to obtain forma I'd do it all day long but I feel as if it likes to evade me. :P

the whoda whata? 

First of all, forma is plentiful if you farm in the void a lot.

Second, the focus system is putting an item on your maxed out warframe/weapons and accumulating focus points for a skill tree depending on what kind of item it is. These skill points help make what would be your "avatar state" or "super saiyan". The very specifics of this are unknown though and even what I said is subject to change a bit. But it won't be up for U14.

I know what you need to do... you need to get a vectis... potato it... give it serration, metal auger, primed chamber, the thing that increases crit chance, get corrosive and blast damage and enjoy as your target and most of the stuff behind it lv 30-35 dies in one shot (not even a head shot necessary unless it those nasty napalms, bombards and stuff) but apart from those everything dies in one shot lol.

I know what you need to do... you need to get a vectis... potato it... give it serration, metal auger, primed chamber, the thing that increases crit chance, get corrosive and blast damage and enjoy as your target and most of the stuff behind it lv 30-35 dies in one shot (not even a head shot necessary unless it those nasty napalms, bombards and stuff) but apart from those everything dies in one shot lol.

1. Blast and corrosive won't perform as well against corpus.

2. He's a PSN user, primed chamber is outside his reach.

I don't think its really as easy as simply equipping primed chamber. If you have it, good for you.

Honestly, for the OP, I would suggest trying to see just how many stars you can get onto a Forma'd weapon if you love to level them so much.

I am eager to see someone on the PS4 go over the... I think it was 12 stars on a Braton that a PC player did.

I need to track down that thread again.

But yeah, just see how many times you can forma a single weapon.

I've been finding myself working my weapons to 30 and then moving on to the next one....it seems to increase my level much faster, too; I remember when I Forma'ed my Cronus and I wasn't actually making much progress as I was re-working that one.  As a result, I feel tempted to implement a Forma to my Vauban, but I have a feeling I won't be going far to the next level when I re-work on it......maybe working on other weapons might help a bit, but I don't know.

Speaking of stats, I wish this site had a stat-tracking system so I could see my stats online if I feel like it.