Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Skins Vs Weapons Variants

Alad_VI

So for weapons such as the Paris Prime, there is a rather major difference between the 'original' and the 'variant,' in this case being the garden Tenno variety of the Paris. The prime version is vastly superior to the original Paris, meaning that to have the variant and use the original would just be silly unless you had some forma madness going on or there were other extenuating circumstances.

Now the predicament. In my opinion, the Paris looks better than the Paris Prime. I'm a fan of sleek, and would rather have the more recurve-esque design of the original Paris over the banana peel shield that is the Paris Prime. To solve this problem, I did some trading and bought the forest camo for the Paris, which (I foolishly admit) I forgot to check directly under the Paris Prime's appearance page to see whether or not it could be applied.

It could not.

My question is why? DE, you made the Proto Skin work for Excalibur, why not make it so that variants of a weapon can use skins available to the original? Anybody agree/have the same problem?

I agree because i would really like to see the day of the dead skin on my braton prime am not sure if that is the correct name of the skin used for the halloween special but i do believe that primes should be able to be equipped with skins just like the normal variant. I think it is unfair for the frames to be able to use the skins whether it be the prime or the non prime and weapons does not have that kind of luxury. Also I know that this means work for the art people in DE, but to be fair it is not a must now it can be a little project worked on from the sidelines.