Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aiming At The Back Of My Head

Derpo

First I have to thank Digital Extremes for an extremely good game. Very, very nicely done.

Second, a list of a fetw of my favorite things about Warframe:

1. Gameplay is fun and fluid. The mix of swords, guns, and techno-magic is an intoxicating brew.

2. The AI is superior to that of most games that use bots or NPCs.

3. The external environments are stunning, and the internal environments are good.

4. The 'tile' system of randomization really helps make areas replayable.

5. The moves are slick and fun, well-animated.

6. The mod system is logical and about the right complexity for my taste.

7. Crafting is rewarding and getting mats is as fun as such activity gets.

8. I like that each weapon, suit, sword, and even my overall mastery all level up based on activity.

Now my list of enhancements that I feel are necessary to optimize the game:

1. When I jump on a crate to get out of a pack of mushroom-dogs, I can only see the back of my own head. The third person point of view does not do well when my back is against a wall or my head is against the ceiling. Let's make the avatar's head go invisible when it blocks aiming.

2. We've got hundreds of locations, but only a couple dozen tiles. So it's hard to tell Earth from Mercury or Neptune. Also, while the tiles are interesting, they seem sterile. There is no clutter and no evidence that anyone has ever been to these tiles before. Let's make 100 more tiles--not 'ten', that's 'one hundred'--and let's add a layer of customization for both the planet and the faction. So if you look out a window on earth, you see sand dunes or forests and not outer space. So if you kill a group of Grineer, you find their beercans and candy wrappers on the floor. And Grineer stuff strewn about.

3. Perma-stun has to go. If I jump into a pack of shroomdogs, I don't want to spend the next five minutes in stun lock. A shroomdog or a shield maiden Grineer should not be able to stun me out of the air as I attempt to do an AOE melee slam. And if I do get stunned, I should be immune to further stunnage for the next 60 seconds.

Let's leave it at that, for now. More good things than bad things. Wait. One more thing: It wouldn't hurt to have in-game feedback of some sort.

In response to 2; you aren't actually on the planet. You are in a space station, or vessel. Save for that one Corpus mountany snow planet that is used on occasion. But yeah if they made new textures/titles to generate new map chunks with that could remedy this.

And for 3; You don't think 60 seconds is way too much? I share your frustration, but if the answer is to apply a knock-resist buff after being knocked down something closer to 5-10 seconds would be a more balanced number.

In response to 2; you aren't actually on the planet. You are in a space station, or vessel. Save for that one Corpus mountany snow planet that is used on occasion. But yeah if they made new textures/titles to generate new map chunks with that could remedy this.

And for 3; You don't think 60 seconds is way too much? I share your frustration, but if the answer is to apply a knock-resist buff after being knocked down something closer to 5-10 seconds would be a more balanced number.

All of the locations once you click into Earth are Earth locations, like mount Everest. To me, if I'm looking to do an assassination on mount Everest, I expect the air to be pretty thin...but not THAT thin.

As for the amount of time you get between stuns, it should be at least long enough to reload a gun. That's the weirdest thing to me, not being able to reload any weapon.

Loki essence helm just drives me crazy at times... especially with the horizontal stabilizer on its head... cant aim at a damn thing whenever something gets close to my back, may it be an object or an enemy.

Edited by Aerensiniac

• 2 weeks later...