Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pistol Mods Better Than Rifle Mods.

CosyPigeon

Which has the end result of pistols being better than rifles. Lex is better sniper than paris or snipetron. Akbolto is better than Boltor. Rifle mods are significantly weaker than pistol mods, and since pistols are pretty deadly to beging with, pistols just outshine primary weapons allot of the time.

I'd like to see rifle mods buffed a little so that they are as useful as secondaries, rather than having my rifle be something I consider as a last resort.

Edited by CosyPigeon

Rifles need a serious buff if they are to be viable, especially at later levels. I'm not sure why they made shotgun and pistol mods so much stronger than rifle mods, especially when, for the most part, shotgun and pistols do so much more per shot than rifles do.

Technically, pistol is more or less a single shot weapon, and those which are not are plagued from low damage ammounts.

Makes sense to me that you get more buffs on a slower item. Afterall rifles spew bullets most of the time or carry ~100 on a single shot.

While many rifles have the advantage of burst, I think the snipetron does miss out a lot on the weak rifle mods. The Lex does 70 base damage, but gets so much bonus damage through mods that it can easily surpass the snipetron. Perhaps the snipetron should get a higher base damage to compensate for the fact that its bonus damage mods will cause it to lag heavily behind the Lex.

While many rifles have the advantage of burst, I think the snipetron does miss out a lot on the weak rifle mods. The Lex does 70 base damage, but gets so much bonus damage through mods that it can easily surpass the snipetron. Perhaps the snipetron should get a higher base damage to compensate for the fact that its bonus damage mods will cause it to lag heavily behind the Lex.

Except that it's not just the snipertron that gets out shined. My viper kicks the crap out of my Braton, and my Afuris makes the braton look like a wet noodle.