The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Temporary Freezes

Gryffinhart

I get this with specific weapons - for example, levelling my Soma or Akstiletto - which have been forma'd, no freeze. If I level my Kogake, which is new, 5 second freeze. I'm not sure if there's a common criteria for which weapons cause these hangs.

have the same problem

it seems to only be when thing level up and also not every weapon freezes the game

especially the venka everything else seems to be random

as soon as i get a freeze i know already that the venka hast leveled up:D

I would like to contribute more in detail to the thread, because all the "me too" posts (thanks for stating you have it too, it shows more severity) only help in quantity but don't show much detail. For me, I get a few freezes in different scenarios than you fellows.

1) Freezes occur randomly through the game, whether in a mission or just sitting in your ship

2) Freezes last anywhere between 1-20 seconds

3) Any freezes lasting more than 5 seconds disconnects from host and sends to Host Migration or kicks all players if you are host

4) Freeze makes it appear that you are running in place/idling to others

5) On occasion the freeze may turn into a crash

Those are the notes I have. I've levelled my Nova without a freeze happening, though I have yet to level a weapon as they're all 30 so maybe it's possible. My freezes in the ship occur at random, sometimes just walking from one end to another and it'll freeze at no specified point. Chat tabs may be related, but I have yet to get one from the tabs themselves. Many of my occurances happen when fighting and often leave me open to being surrounded and eaten alive.

My request to everyone posting: Add in detail what you see as a common factor for your freezes. If we just reply "me too", DE will have little info to go on when they read the thread. If we want it fixed, help them help us. I'll do an EE.log upload thingy in a bit, once I figure out what that is exactly. Seen it posted but dunno how to get it.

Edited by TVerres

I would like to contribute more in detail to the thread, because all the "me too" posts (thanks for stating you have it too, it shows more severity) only help in quantity but don't show much detail. For me, I get a few freezes in different scenarios than you fellows.

1) Freezes occur randomly through the game, whether in a mission or just sitting in your ship

2) Freezes last anywhere between 1-20 seconds

3) Any freezes lasting more than 5 seconds disconnects from host and sends to Host Migration or kicks all players if you are host

4) Freeze makes it appear that you are running in place/idling to others

5) On occasion the freeze may turn into a crash

Those are the notes I have. I've levelled my Nova without a freeze happening, though I have yet to level a weapon as they're all 30 so maybe it's possible. My freezes in the ship occur at random, sometimes just walking from one end to another and it'll freeze at no specified point. Chat tabs may be related, but I have yet to get one from the tabs themselves. Many of my occurances happen when fighting and often leave me open to being surrounded and eaten alive.

My request to everyone posting: Add in detail what you see as a common factor for your freezes. If we just reply "me too", DE will have little info to go on when they read the thread. If we want it fixed, help them help us. I'll do an EE.log upload thingy in a bit, once I figure out what that is exactly. Seen it posted but dunno how to get it.

I'm having every one of these exact issues, just happened to me a few minutes ago when the G3 attacked me, nothing new, and hell Mirage has been smooth for me but suddenly, they attack, I attempt to take them out as her. And it froze on me give or take 4 times in less than 2 minutes. I'm there mashing shift to roll but the game just completely stops, then suddenly I roll 8 times out of the way and it created this cluster of mess ups, eventually was killed.

There's really nothing different from what you mention here, though I do freeze also when switching chat tabs also, which has become a big problem. I'm not certain what's causing this but I'm not exactly enjoying myself anymore and the patch was fun at first, now it's just unplayable for me.

(Copypasta'd from myself from another thread, hopefully someone will be able to use it.)

DE attempted to help me troubleshoot. I'll give a list of what I had gotten and see if it at least helps you guys. None of it worked for me, sadly.

1) You can try deleting your local settings by deleting the EE.cfg file and any of the funny named folders (ie D914519CG5A8C5E8A2BF463DF1B129C8 ) located in the folder below. They will be re-created when you next load warframe, so you will have to resetup your video settings and key bindings as well
2) Could you try running the game without 64-Bit mode enabled?
3) Please go to the in-game settings. Look for the option "Runtime tessellation" and disable it.
4) If that does not work, disable DirectX 11 in the launcher settings menu (the gear on the top right corner of the launcher).

Those were my response attempts to fix the issue. I had uploaded my personal EE.log and dxdiag files over to them so the posted resolutions may or may not work for you. I've also browsed online for other people with the same issue and their fix attempts and what worked for some people. Again, none of it worked for me.

1) According to your previous statements and your logs, the first thing that I recommend you to do is to make sure UPnP is DISABLED in Warframe as well as in your router settings.
Also, please forward the same ports both in Warframe and your router, in your case, ports 4970 and 4971 on UDP only, ports 80 and 443 on both TCP and UDP.
Please visit this website for more instructions on how to forward ports:http://portforward.c...rding/Warframe/
Choose your router and Warframe and follow the instructions for manual Port Forwarding and Internal Static IP.
2) Please add an exception to all of your firewall and anti-virus software (including Windows Firewall) for the "Launcher.exe", "Warframe.x64.exe", and "Warframe.exe". Also please make sure to check your proxy settings: search for Internet Options on the Windows Control Panel, click on the “Connections – LAN Settings” tab and make sure that the “use automatic configuration script” and “proxy server” options are UN-checked.
3) In the launcher settings (click the gear icon in the upper right corner), deselect multithreaded rendering. This option was enabled by default for the first time with update 11, and it sounds like it doesn't play nicely with your system. That should put you back to normal performance.
4) Please try change the network ports used by your PC.
~1. click little gear in upper right of star map
~2. change the Network Ports [uDP] to another range of numbers (first PC will be using 3960 & 3962 so pick another pair)
Don't forget to change the ports on your router if you did port forwarding.
5) For now, please change both start-port and end-port to 4970. Then, please add another line and set both start-port and end-port to 4971. Because according to your log, ports 4970 and 4971 are selected in your Warframe in-game setting. Please make sure both your router and Warframe are using the same ports.
6) I would recommend doing a verify and defrag on your download cache. You can do this in the launcher settings menu.
If that won't work, a fully uninstall and re-install Warframe might help. Please make sure that all of your Warframe files are deleted before re-installing the game.
7) If you have an Nvidia Card and recently updated drivers to 334.89 try rolling back to 332.21.  I had no stuttering until I installed 334, when back to the previous driver and its smooth again.  Changing the PhysX library made no difference.
8) We removed Warframe completely by uninstalling it then deleting any trace of Warframe in the machine such as removing the Warframe files in Appdata folder and in the Windows registry. Then we installed it again, so far the game is running fine.
9) i fixed the freezes: unistalled Framework 4.0. (Apparently causes stuttering in FPS but that's better than freezing, right?)

That's all I got for now, but hopefully some of this works for some people. If you have any "fixes" that worked for you temporarily or something (even if it causes a different problem), post it! All working results may help DE figure out a root cause for the issue faster and fix the problem. I, myself, am willing to sacrifice FPS for a freeze fix, as I can deal with low FPS should it have to go that way.

Edited by TVerres