Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cannot Purchase Platinum (Steam Redirection Problem?)

Volvados

I've been trying to purchase some platinum, but when pressing the "buy now" button, the screen goes dark. The url https://api.playwarf...php?steamID=... is being loaded, but I keep getting sent back to the previous page. Same thing happens with the founder packages.

Isn't there any other way of purchasing platinum than through steam? I do not want to put money in yet another e-wallet, especially since you can only top up in increments that do not fit the prices at all (at least in euro's).

Well that's curious.

I would try making sure you don't have anything (like noscript or the like) blocking the associated sites (steampowered.com, api.playwarframe.com, warframe.com) and give it a go. (actually, try this first -->) Beyond that, I would try making the transaction from within Steam using it's in-game browser.

Ideally, you initiate the transaction through the Warframe site, it routes to Steam and brings up your Steam account with a request for the exact amount of the transaction. You feed it a payment method and that processes, putting just that much in your Steam wallet, and then it asks if you'd like to apply that amount to the transaction, which of course you say yes to and then it goes through and makes happy noises (not literally).

The same thing happens when using steams browser.

Maybe because I didn't finish the first transactions, something somehow got stuck? I remember seeing the steam screen for the first time, but since I don't have any money on my steam wallet, I didn't go through with it.

I am having similar issue but I was able yo make a credit card purchase last week but now it declines my card so I tried putting money in my steam wallet but it doesnt give me the option to pay with my steam wallet. I think the issue has something to do with game being transferred to steam and the transactions now going through the steam wallet instead of ultimate pay.

The way I understand it, if you make your Warframe account from having clicked to the Warframe website through Steam, or from within the game if it was downloaded through Steam, your Warframe account and pay options will be tied to that Steam account.

Likewise if you make your Warframe account without being associated with Steam at all, then it should only give you Ultimatepay as your option for transactions.

I hear they are working on a way to have some control over the Warframe - Steam account association, but right now it is not available. It also sounds like a separate issue is Ultimatepay being very touchy with transactions, which is likely more an issue with them than it is Warframe. For now best I can suggest is trying a different browser and/or computer, and submitting a ticket with as much relevant info as you can manage.

Good luck and let us know if you find anything more out!