Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oracle Room: Potentially Practical Or Pointless Timewall?

Vanadium

Yeah, it looks ok. That's all I'll say about its looks.

Really, what is the Oracle Room supposed to do? Given U14's push towards immersion, I feel like it's necessary for something which you are required to build to get some of the best (and worst) equipment in the game, to have a reason for it to be necessary.

The "just because" that was acceptable when the Dojo was released in U9 (because a lot of things were "just because" back then) doesn't really hold right now. We've got our swag space rides with our Tenno Frequency Scanner, we've got our Codex which tells us all the things, we've got our space-ninja-wizard dogs, and our own Tenno-HAL9000. We're getting to a point in Warframe where everything we make will have at least an aesthetic function for us, the Tenno.

It's pretty neat.

What about this Oracle room?

2014-07-19_00009.jpg

Sure, it's got this big holoscreen or whatever, but it never does anything. We have three pedestals showing us some not-very-threatening mobs from their respective factions. Do we need to be reminded who to point our arrows at? And so many banners (but maybe I wanted to put up the banners).

Right now, the Oracle exists only so new clans can't build 1 cross-connector and the 3 labs (I forgot about Tenno Lab), and be done. Why not make the Tenno lab the requirement for the others? The best way to learn how to build labs would be to build a lab for yourself (or something).

What about that aesthetic function I mentioned earlier? Doesn't it have that? You could say that the Oracle is "a repository of Tenno-ninja-space-future-knowledge", but it doesn't feel like an archive or a library or a vault, etc. It doesn't feel like it does anything to immerse us in the world. And that's boring.

No, I don't have suggestions for functions. I'd rather just see it removed as a requirement and kept as a build option for people who like it. If you have any cool suggestions, post them below for discussion.

I agree; it doesn't do anything.

A Tenno library would be a cool idea.  With codex entries, or perhaps information on the more esoteric aspects of the game (i.e. did you know you can use the Rage mod with Lifestrike to essentially gain energy from enemies?).

If we take it to the extreme, the Oracle is just another arbitrary step.  Build this so you can build these.  What if there were more steps?  That might make it more apparent that this is a time wall and little else.  For example, what if you had to build something to build the oracle?  An Oracle fabrication room?  And then something to build that?  A pre-fabrication room?  And then something to build that?  Of course I'm blowing it out of proportion, but only to show that the underlying concept is fairly pointless.

So uh, yeah.  It would be nice if the Oracle had a function.