Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bug: Keybindings Reset On Re-Opening Game.

ZyloWolfzan

As title says, everytime I close and re-open Warframe my keybindings get reset. Which is rather frustrating since it changes my Switch Weapon keybinding to unbound completely, meaning if I forget and jump into a mission when I start the game up I cant switch weapons until I pause and change my keybindings back to normal.

Seems to be happening mostly with the 'Use' and 'Switch Weapon' keys, which I usually try to set to 'X' and 'F' respectively.

signed happens anytime I logout, or quit game then go back in.

Zylo the Wolfbane

Edited by ZyloWolfzan

I would like to add that this seems to be dependent on individual machines, not directly linked to the Warframe account. My dad recently started playing and his key bindings, specifically his melee and mouse bindings, do not remain. They are reset each time he logs in. I should note that I have assigned mouse 1 as the melee attack on my computer as well as his. It saves on my computer but not his. I signed into his account on my computer and mouse 1 was melee attack, as both he and I have assigned it. I signed onto his account on his computer and it reset to E. Back on my computer on his account and it was mouse 1. 

I'm not sure what is causing this. I tried starting Steam under administrator on his computer, but that didn't change the Warframe settings. Curiously enough, he changed his crouch to C instead of CTRL and that setting has remained. It's only his mouse 1 and melee that keeps reverting. I cannot say if Update 14 is responsible for this, as he started playing after Update 14 was released.

Hope this tidbit of information can help somebody solve their issue.

Still occurring for me. As some have suggested it is only happening to certain re-bound functions

(does not appear to matter if it is in the primary or secondary column)

-melee 

-quick melee

-switch weapon

-sprint/roll

-hold to sprint

-use

-item popup

I changed crouch to C, Quick melee and melee to Click Wheel, E to channeling, Q to change view, Alt to item pop up.  They all reset after I quit and relaunch game.

I don't use steam to launch WF

Edited by Hueminator

I also get a complete settings reset. All default settings for visual UI, audio, HUD, etc, are applied every time I re-log, but strangely, the only keybindings I seem to lose are those that were added as of Melee 2.0 era, such as toggled channeling, etc. However, whenever I try to change settings in-game, it freezes me for a good 20-30 seconds and then applies, but dc's me from the session. The freezing also occurs whenever I try to change settings back in the main menu area, and if I'm in a lobby I will be dropped. What's more, if I go to my arsenal screen and change my loadout, that will also force me to be dropped, and cause the freezing issue. I've already tried file verification, even went so far as to do a complete uninstall/reinstall of Warframe, but to no avail. I'm not sure what to think at this point.

I think i may have found a fix. (worked for me anyway) After changing your keybindings instead of clicking "confirm" just hit ESC. Then Exit out of the game by using alt+f4.I logged back in and my keybindings stuck finally. Hope this helps!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I think i may have found a fix. (worked for me anyway) After changing your keybindings instead of clicking "confirm" just hit ESC. Then Exit out of the game by using alt+f4.I logged back in and my keybindings stuck finally. Hope this helps!!!

+1

Worked for me

• 2 months later...