Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

7.0 Makes Players 'hit The Ceiling' Pretty Fast

V0LK

You find mods, max them up, and that's it. You know you can't find better ones. Plus many mods hardly do enything with base stats of many guns like Snipetron, or crit chance on most weapons. Progression stops. Me, for example, got bored pretty quick, knowing I pushed a gun to it's limits.

Before 7.0 player could always hope to find awesome blue mod 30lvl, this alone made him go back to Xini over and over again. And those blue mods were absolutly fantastic and could rocket your frame/weapon to the sky. Now you can see the ceiling right away. It would take some time to hit it, but it's very very close.

Yes, mod fusion delays 'The End', but grinding money for fusion instead of shiny new mod, ready to be used, feels a lot more boring.

Pardon my English.

I have to agree with you on this, the ceiling feels pretty everpresent and you hit it a bit too fast. Though, i feel this isn't to much of a problem due to the content being added, which will extend this game life significantly.

im now working some of my mods backwards not forwards. the nice stuff like serration, hornet strike and multishot when maxed mean you have to use say a frost mod with only 1 or 2 notches for the main mods to fit into a weapon. its a very wierd game and system but for me its advancing even though im now finding my self having to go backwards:)

i dont see any problems. also finding friends who can join skype and play some defence with is good. makes the game more fun when your modded to the max.

Same to me, played almost a month, got all I want, Hek-Akboltos-Scindo-Fragor-Rhino-Ash-Frost maxed up. Don't want to try new Warframes knowing they all "feel" similar other than cosmetic appearance which I don't like. Weapons same issue, I got the most effective IMO.

It's has a fun gameplay, especially with friends but with randoms Good luck with lag. Game is good for mainstream type of game but bad for a MMO in terms of length, not much content gonna do until they revolutionize things, especially warframes which I think should be the core of this game.

Not much of a forum goer but I hit the ceiling with this game including my friends so I was lurking around to see things, seeing this post I definitely have to comment about since I'm suffering from the same issue of "Hit the Ceiling" Pretty fast.

Yeah I posted the same concerns in a thread just days after Update 7 came out and not a single dev would respond to it.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/18048-a-plea-to-de-about-these-drastic-changes/

If any of you played before Update 7, you know that Steve hated the skill trees, but I think they could've stayed in after some more tweaking.  Why they changed it over to this new mod card system with fusion, I don't know.  I enjoyed finding random stat mods and mods that had a specific level requirement.  Doing high level missions (30+) is where you found the best mods, including some rare ones with 2 stats on them.  That was what made the end game fun for me and they took it out.

Again, it makes no sense to me as to why they would do that.

They mentioned the possibility of two stat mod cards and a rarity thats higher than rare.

Also, let's not forget you needed to supercharge a Frame to use its uber back then, giving this update a better chance to players who have just started.

Yes, but that's just because of where they were placed on the skill tree.  They could've re-engineered the skill trees again that let players bypass some abilities and get their ultimate by level 10.  I honestly don't think the mod card system was the best solution for that.

**edit** for some reason, it's not quoting your post correctly..

Edited by Soulie

Ya know, although I kinda get why it might feel gratifying to see numbers go up all the time, I think that idea of a 'ceiling' is kinda lame.

See, rather than pushing yourself to new limits, it simply makes you do the same thing you did before with some higher numbers.

If anything, I'd cap the numbers much lower than they currently are, and focus on having an endgame, rather than when the endgame should begin.

I think the real problem (which you mentioned in your post) isn't hitting the ceiling too quickly; it's players being able to see that ceiling too quickly. This is mostly due to the paucity of mods in the current game and the fact that some greatly outclass others. It takes a while to grind a (crappy) weapon like the Mire to 30 in solo play, but because of how the mods work I can already see it'll still be crappy.

I think one of the best solutions would be to allow cross-mod fusion (like fusing a crit damage mod and a crit chance mod creating one of both) but even then it's pretty obvious what the best gear will be in the end with maybe slight tweaks for infested vs. corpus vs. grineer.