Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moving Menu Screens Causing Motion Sickness

Hikuun

The menu screens within your ship (for example, the marketplace menu, mods,weapons) move around when you look at them and it makes me nauseous/get motion sickness.  Is there a way to turn the movement off?  If there isn't, I'd love to have that as an option.  

Thanks!  I'll try it and see!

Edit - I looked and couldn't find that option. (I'm playing the PC version).  The one option I did find didn't really change anything, so that was a bust!

Edited by Hikuun

then i think you should stop playing

no, DE should respect core UI design principles or offer an option to turn off sloshy panels

parallax effect nausea is a very well documented and commented upon thing; furthermore it's very easily rectified

I expect DE will indeed provide an option to turn off sloshy panels in much the same way, and for exactly the same reasons, that an option to turn off the moving in-game HUD was provided

I doubt very much that DE will be giving your solution much consideration

The main problem is the menu screens in the ship moving - in game it's ok.  I used to have the same problem with the volt back when it used to cause visual effects when it sped up.  

Hopefully they will make an option to turn the menu movement off - I can put up with it if I have to, but it would be nice to have an option to remove it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! The update is pretty cool, looks sleak and modern but I do feel it's a bit cluttered, like when I'm looking at the blueprints, I'd like so see more, and to see the * on your weapons/frames without going to click on upgrade for each, everything large and scrunched. After 10 min I got pretty sick too, made me want to throw up, I think it's the FOV or something that's causing motion sickness. I hope they do something about the motion and FOV because I probably won't be on anymore if it makes me nauseous.