The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Gamebreaking Desync Bug

Damagedice

I don't know exactly the cause, but randomly during a mission, and lately far too frequently, I suddenly lose the ability to pick up items, open doors by nearness, switch weapons at all, or anything. To me, I'm able to fight and kill enemies that walk by but often its enemies which are already dead. The enemies presently near the location I think I'm at are often invisible to me. To the host, I'd be running in place with my weapon held up doing nothing, and I can still be shot and killed in this state. Since I can't even leave a room without an enemy opening the door for me, nor can I defend my "actual" body, I effectively become removed from the run. I had to abort a 20 minute survival i was doing to level my Kubrow because he was about to die standing next to my body. And he would have hated me for it. A glitch.

Basically, this bug seems to ghost me out and detach me from whatever the host thinks I should be doing. I have no idea how. It cant properly communicate the mobs present to me either, so maybe its something in that vicinity? The interaction between clients? Please help. The fact that I can't even pick up mods or try to vote for extraction myself makes committing to a game really scary sometimes.

Edited by Damagedice

As a followup, the glitch has been happening to me and my friend all day. We discovered you even lose the ability to vote in interceptions or defenses. I was forced to sit and watch my kubrow die, then fail when the party finally left, as the keyholder went with them, and I was robbed of my bonus experience and anything. Has anyone had a similar experience at all? anything to signal boost this so it gets fixed?

This is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE. I'm rarely ever this angry on the forums. I don't know what it is about clients and hosts causing this BS but I can't stand to see this go ignored. This bug used to be extremely rare and now its happened about four times today.

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

Desync-ing/Ghosting

It's probably the net-code again, if I remember right, where players begin to lose the ability to receive pickups and at times deal damage, but to the others, or hosts, one is merely doing the very last thing prior to ghosting. If the player is running around and shooting like normal, and then begins to ghost, they will do that action in one place. enemies will attack that very location which it occurred and the player's warframe will feel everything as if normal.

I found another person with a helpful description of it shown above. Seems to be a really old problem... Hopefully it can be dealt with.

I've been coming across a similar problem, too, recently. I can join a few runs and no desyncing would occur but when it does occur, I can't do anything to help during the mission. All mobs that spawn do not show up for me, I can't loot, and, in interception or defense, I can't even opt to leave if I wanted to. On top of that, it'll auto fail me, too. All started after Update 14 and none of this issues have occurred, for me, prior. Please fix ASAP.

Thanks!