The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

What Caused My Crashes (Apparently)

Ethereal1

It seems that I didn't have any hardware "failures" per se, but a single file being made unreadable (corruption) was the sole cause of all my problems from failing updates to hardware failure detections (which caused the update fails). 

The file? B.Misc.en.cache, located in the folder Cache.Windows, I detected the issue by moving the entire directory, and Windows was kind enough to tell me the file could not be read. I deleted it, then started the launcher, which promptly verified the entire cache in less time than it took for me to type this, replaced the file, and I can now log in. 

So... check them files people!

I mean you could also just run Check Disk, that would achieve the same end. Preference, I suppose. 

Edited by Ethereal1

It seems that I didn't have any hardware "failures" per se, but a single file being made unreadable (corruption) was the sole cause of all my problems from failing updates to hardware failure detections (which caused the update fails). 

The file? B.Misc.en.cache, located in the folder Cache.Windows, I detected the issue by moving the entire directory, and Windows was kind enough to tell me the file could not be read. I deleted it, then started the launcher, which promptly verified the entire cache in less time than it took for me to type this, replaced the file, and I can now log in. 

So... check them files people!

I mean you could also just run Check Disk, that would achieve the same end. Preference, I suppose. 

What did the crashes look like? Game freeze and crash to desktop with Evolution Engine crash with graphic driver becoming unresponsive or just a simple crash to desktop?

I have been experiencing some issues with the game. Maybe you can help me out as well. Link ---> https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/267812-how-to-fix-evolution-engine-crashes-please-help/

I just sent DE a message regarding my crashses. Seems that FRAPS causes a conflict as well... but in the past few updates, this wasn't an issue. This sorta sucks because I prefer using FRAPS over my other recorders due to familiarity. Hopefully that gets resolved or I'll just have to config RivaTuner...

Yesterday, I found an update to my computer's BIOS. I also opened my computer to disconnect the CMOS battery. Hopefully, I just fixed the crashes. 

The game's coding must be triggering things that it shouldn't trigger. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my hardware or software and I don't have any application or program that could possibly be causing these crashes.

Although I can now play for 5-10 minutes until a crash, I think. I have 64bit and runtime tessellation disabled currently. I will test the game until it crashes when I get the chance. If there will be no crashes and I can play over an hour, then party. If crash, I will disable DirectX 11 and test again.

By the way, all the options in-game are on and texture memory and shadow quality are low, including the other 2 options that have low, medium, and high settings which are also set to low.