Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Rifle Accuracy

Tex77

I've been playing the open beta since it came out a while ago. So far a pretty fun game! One thing that has been on my mind for a while is the accuracy of rifles. It seems odd to me that the starting weapon (mk1 braton) is pretty much the most accurate rifle in the game ( with an accuracy of 40 while most other rifles don't even have accuracy of 30). To me it would make more sense for a full auto weapon to have much lower accuracy than say the burston (3 round burst) or latron (semi auto). The damage makes sense, with weapons that fire less bullets doing more damage per hit. However, I think players who opt for a slower fire rate should also be compensated with higher accuracy. For example, I recently bought a Latron and have a 20% damage increase on it, but I feel like I put out more damage with the Braton simply because it fires faster and almost every bullet hits thanks to its high accuracy (even though it has less than half the damage of the latron). Is there an underlying logic behind this accuracy choice? Or can it be changed to provide more accuracy to weapons that have a lower fire rate?

I guess in gameplay it's more the recoil that makes the difference. But my original post was just looking at the stats in the weapons menu where the mk-1 has 40% accuracy compared to the Braton's 28 ish, burston 25 ish, or latron 28 ish.