Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Want To Start A Female Warframe...

7.T.

And I mostly play solo and sometimes with my little brother. I would like to hear everyone's opinion on which one I should try first.

I like Trinity's abilities on paper but they don't seem too good for large crowds. I obviously don't know, just assuming. Would like to hear from Trinity users about this :)

Not too interested in Ember but could be persuaded.

Mag -in my own opinion- is the coolest looking Warframe with her default helmet.

Saryn's abilities sound fun. Especially if I can start a plague through a huge crowd of enemies.

Nyx seems to be a favorite with her Chaos ability but do Psychic Bolts work correctly? Do they seek out targets good enough or is it still a little messed up ?

Banshee seems fun for stealth play and second helmet looks cool.

Edited by 7.T.

If u mostly play solo or with a friend/sibling, Mag would be nice to start with and its easy to farm at early levels. 

Depending on yr play style, u can either go for damaging or supportive.

But if u like to go supportive, Trinity will be your best bet as u can use energy vamp and the 'heal on hit' spell which i forgot, to constantly feed up everyone's energy and health bar if your friend/sibling uses a dps warframe(excal, volt, mag and so on) so that they can spam their skills.

Since I have used everyone of them EXCEPT Banshee...

Here are my thoughts:

Trinity - Good for any kind of assassination mission. She's invaluable with her Blessing (Recovers the health + shields of her allies and herself to full), Energy Vampire(It literally provides an endless supply of energy to you and your friends) and Link (Because why take damage when the boss can take it for you?)

Ember - Good for any kind of infected mission. Surrounded? No problemo. Just Flame On with any of her skills (Besides the first one).

Mag - Semi-support / Heavy AOE Nuker. Her Crush can wipe out a whole room full of enemies. Her Pull can save allies who are downed and are in rough spots or pull bosses away from friends.

Saryn - Love her. Heavy nuke with Plague and her Moult makes her like a Loki. Just spam Moult and you never have to get damaged.

Nyx - You will want her for any kind of Endless Defense mission. Overwhelmed? Just use Chaos and the problem will fix itself. Her Psychic bolts work like this - If your recticle is placed just abit away fromany enemy target, it homes in on the nearest ones near where you're aiming. This can be random and all 3 bolts might hit one guy or just hit 3 guys. (Still a little glitchy. They get eviscerated though, from the bolts, pretty funny.)

That's all I have really.

Edited by Alsphestrium

My son plays a Trinity, and my daughter a Mag. They BOTH seem very happy with the play style of each frame.

Trinity in a group can not only save lives, but makes a decent scout too. Invulnerability is nice.

Mag on the other hand is fast and sleek, Pull and Crush are her favorite powers, since my daughter uses a shotgun.

[EDIT]

You have to use the Full Editor to un-wall-o-text your posts. The basic editor is glitched today.

[/EDIT]

Edited by GrimmLiberty

Trinity does fine in large crowds, bless and link are great to stay alive so crowds aren't a problem. Link is a little bit bugged right now (if you're using a sentinel but other wise it's fine.)

Saryn is fun but is not able to do what she sounds like she should be able to do.

Nyx's bolts I believe so? Not really sure haven't played her in a while so not totally sure but I never really used it in the first place. I'd rather use mind control or chaos then the bolts.

mag to me is just eh I'd rather play another warframe, and I don't have banshee so I don't know anything about her.

Yeah, something is up with the forum formatting at the moment. SOMEBODY BROKEDED IT!!!

I'm currently leveling up my Ember, and she is only really good against Infested, which is a darn shame. I wouldn't bother yet, go for Mag I reckon.

Would have to be the best figure out of all the Female frames though... >_>

I've not been able to try any of the other Warframes, but I love MAG to bits. 

- Pull is a useful first ability. I use a shotgun, so I pull enemies towards me in killing range. But, that aside, it's useful up against any sort of heavy, or the Grineer with shields. For heavies, it's good because you can knock them on their &#! and lay into them with whatever you've got. For the guys with shields, well, it'll pull their shields right out of their hands.

- Shield Polarize is useful in certain situations. Can be used for getting rid of a heavy's or an assassination target's shield, but mainly I find it useful for defensive purposes, like on actual defense missions or when someone is acting as a head point and they're taking all the damage.

- Bullet Attractor, well... in all honesty, I've not used it much. I'm sure some people find it useful, but I do not.

- Crush, while not useful in early missions (because you need to be out in the open and it's a waste of energy if used on less than three enemies), is freaking amazing. It's especially great when doing an infestation mission and there's a bunch of ancients. Also, it's just extremely satisfying to use.

Only other note I have is that the MAG has slightly higher hit points than Loki, and higher than average shields (I believe). 

Nyx is extremely good both solo and in groups - she really has the absolute best crowd control, and Absorb is a lifesaver while solo. Psychic Bolts is...an okay attack power. The damage is not great if the bolts are spread out among many targets, but they do have the benefit of being homing. Saryn...I feel is better solo than on teams, because you can't really get much use out of the poison spreading mechanics from Venom on a large fast-moving frantic team. I find Moult very useful - notably, you can actually use it WITHOUT moving out of the moult decoy, if you need to stand in the open to rez a friend or something.

Edited by Acyl

Awesome feedback so far. The Mag's looks alone are making me lean towards choosing her. I'm one of those "play with what you think is cool even if its not the best" players. Not saying Mag is or isn't the best though. lol If you play with what you like enough, your skill should compensate for any character weakness most of the time, I think. Does the Mag's Bullet Attractor affect shotgun shots? For example will the whole spread hit that one enemy that I used Bullet Attractor on if I'm close enough?

Awesome feedback so far. The Mag's looks alone are making me lean towards choosing her. I'm one of those "play with what you think is cool even if its not the best" players. Not saying Mag is or isn't the best though. lol If you play with what you like enough, your skill should compensate for any character weakness most of the time, I think. Does the Mag's Bullet Attractor affect shotgun shots? For example will the whole spread hit that one enemy that I used Bullet Attractor on if I'm close enough?

All of the Warframes have their strong suits, so yeah, you can't go wrong with just playing what you like/love.

Theoretically, yes, the whole spread will hit. I don't think the range even matters.. only problem would be the target going behind cover. 

I simply don't find it useful because I have an %80 to %90 accuracy, and, when long range is needed, I use the Lex pistol. Further more, all the powers take that second to use, so more often than not I'll use pull instead.

I DID use Bullet Attractor on the Jackal, but I couldn't tell if it was helping or not.

Edited by Dirtbaby

TBH I can't tell the difference with or without Mag's bullet attractor, so I've stopped loading it at all. Mag's pretty much a pull or crush (#1 or #4) for me. I also don't use Nyx' #2, the psychic dagger attack, because it's basically a gun that spends energy. That seems wasteful when I'm already carrying two different guns with me.

All of the Warframes have their strong suits, so yeah, you can't go wrong with just playing what you like/love.

Theoretically, yes, the whole spread will hit. I don't think the range even matters.. only problem would be the target going behind cover. 

I simply don't find it useful because I have an %80 to %90 accuracy, and, when long range is needed, I use the Lex pistol. Further more, all the powers take that second to use, so more often than not I'll use pull instead.

I DID use Bullet Attractor on the Jackal, but I couldn't tell if it was helping or not.

Well the thing with bullet attractor is that it attracts yours, your teammates and the enemy bullets which makes it useless against the infested but great against everyone else and also bosses and the enemy bullets do hurt them.

Well the thing with bullet attractor is that it attracts yours, your teammates and the enemy bullets which makes it useless against the infested but great against everyone else and also bosses and the enemy bullets do hurt them.

Ah, so in a big firefight Bullet Attractor could actually be supremely useful (against whatever is being the biggest pain).

I'll remember that.

Dirtbaby, on 11 Apr 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

Ah, so in a big firefight Bullet Attractor could actually be supremely useful (against whatever is being the biggest pain).

I'll remember that.

Not as much as you make it sound like the only bullets that get attracted are the ones that are near the field that it creates around the target, but for the most part yes (i don't remember if it works against the heavy grineer's napalm or missile one but it should

You can actually see for yourself what Bullet Attractor does. The boss in Saturn, I think he's Sargas Ruk, has a version of Mag's Bullet Attractor. He uses it on players.

So, picture this. I'm on a new low-level warframe, but carrying a Level 30 fully-modded Hek, with damage boost, multishot, and elemental mods. Can you guess where this is going?

I one-shotted myself.

Edited by Acyl

You can actually see for yourself what Bullet Attractor does. The boss in Saturn, I think he's Sargas Ruk, has a version of Mag's Bullet Attractor. He uses it on players.

So, picture this. I'm on a new low-level warframe, but carrying a Level 30 fully-modded Hek, with damage boost, multishot, and all elemental mods.

I one-shotted myself.

Been there, done that T_T I think i've also gotten killed and have killed teammates on that boss because of his bullet attract XD 

Oh, I've definitely slain so many poor teammates against Sargus Ruk. I know better now, but it does prove the power is potentially effective. Situational, but effective.

Incidentally, the forum paragraph/formatting issues seem to be a Chrome thing for me. It's fine when I use Firefox. I don't know WHY, though, since I was using Chrome with these forums previously, but...

Oh, I've definitely slain so many poor teammates against Sargus Ruk. I know better now, but it does prove the power is potentially effective. Situational, but effective.

Incidentally, the forum paragraph/formatting issues seem to be a Chrome thing for me. It's fine when I use Firefox. I don't know WHY, though, since I was using Chrome with these forums previously, but...

I'm using chrome right now and it's fine. Have you tired clearing your cache? 

In terms of defense missions

Trinity: Infested - Needed at high level of defense The heal/energy is needed for the team to continue to spam skills and the heal is needed to negate the poison damage from toxic ancients.

Grinner - Not exactly a must but still amazing. The heal/energy basically.

Corpus - Not exactly a must but still amazing. The heal/energy basically.

Mag: Infested - Amazing till wave 20+. starts to scale down. Her 4th skill is great damage but is really annoying for the team because the skill raises the monsters too high up into the air where meleeing them is usually a miss. Her other skills are kind of useless against infested

Grinner - Decent till wave 20ish. Her skills against grinner can be a little hard to manage but if used properly she can be very useful for the team, though other warframe like (frost, rhino, trinity, nyx provides better ability for the team)

Corpus - Same as Grinner defense... but kinda scales weaker a lot faster because of the shields that mitigate damage. Probably level 15 is where you can notice shes getting weaker.

Saryn: Infested - Great till wave 20+ also scales down like Mag quite fast but I'd like to say shes more useful then Mag in infested. Only issue i have with her is the decoy she has... Loki is better =D

Grinner - Same with Mag, theres just better warframe.

Corpus - She seems decent against corpus since it kinda goes through shield... but it scales weak really fast ~.~

Nyx: AMAZING IN ALL DEFENSE. Provides freaken amazing utility to the whole freaken team. I dont know how to even explain how amazing this warframe is in defense. Just utter amazing. GG.

Banshee: Uhhh crap in all defense. Provides little to no use to the team. Scales down ward at like wave 10-15. extremely useless in defense.

Ember: Infested - Amazing till wave 10+ Her 4th skill is too risky to use at high level infested wave. Her 3rd skill is too weak and cannot be made stronger with increase power damage. 2nd skill is uhhh great till wave 10ish. 1st skill is fun to use and staggers infested but its probably the only skill worth using high level in defense.

Grinner - Decent till wave 10ish. Her 2-3-4 ability is useless when the elite grinners come out. Only useful skill is still 1st skill.

Corpus - Decent till around wave 10. Her 2-3-4 ability is okayish against corpus enemies... but 1st ability is still too good to not use, too cost efficent and stronk!

If you want to do high level defense recommended to play are : Trinity, Rhino, Frost, Nyx, Loki. Pick any 4 of those and you can get to at the very least wave 20 easily.

I only speak for defense mode but this is my opinion in terms of the warframes for defense!

Edited by Wabbie