Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using 25 Energy Per Strike While Channeling

CriticalVoid1

My current loadout. 

valkyr + Rage + Vitality + Steel Charge

Orthos prime w/ Life Strike + Killing Blow + Reflex Coil

Now with the above mods, I should have a -80% channeling efficiency (Reflex Coil +60%; Life Strike -140%). Meaning I lose 9 energy per strike while channeling. Currently however, anytime I  use channeling on my Orthos prime, it uses 25 energy per strike. Now I'm not sure if this is a bug with current channeling costs on just this weapon or all weapons in general, but it definitely should be looked at.

You really *SHOULDN'T* rank up Life Strike.

Hell, I use Dual Zorens with unranked Life Strike, Focus Energy, Reflex Coil, Killing Blow, Pressure Point, and Reach. Healing 5% per damage-dealt is negligible when your swings are hitting a lot of enemies, very rapidly..

Last I checked, Channeling costs, at-base, 7 energy/swing, so 25 sounds about right. someone actualyl told me it's 26-29 energy with a maxed Life Strike and Reflex Coil. I recommend getting a new Life Strike, unranked, and combining it with a Focus Energy, Reflex Coil, and Killing Blow. Jagged Edge is also an option, instead of Reach.

You really *SHOULDN'T* rank up Life Strike.

Hell, I use Dual Zorens with unranked Life Strike, Focus Energy, Reflex Coil, Killing Blow, Pressure Point, and Reach. Healing 5% per damage-dealt is negligible when your swings are hitting a lot of enemies, very rapidly..

Last I checked, Channeling costs, at-base, 7 energy/swing, so 25 sounds about right. someone actualyl told me it's 26-29 energy with a maxed Life Strike and Reflex Coil. I recommend getting a new Life Strike, unranked, and combining it with a Focus Energy, Reflex Coil, and Killing Blow. Jagged Edge is also an option, instead of Reach.

Hmm Interesting, good to know, thanks for the info. However, the channeling is 5 per strike on all melee weapons. what the first reply said about it hitting multiple strikes per swing makes sense though. Maybe I should try a different weapon with the build i'm using. 

Thanks.

Life Strike is best used on weapon with extremely strong single hit. Ranking it up is also good because the less time you spend on your weapon, the more you can shoot. A single Channeled Dragon Nikana spin attack is almost a guaranteed full health on a single weak unit.