Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino And Excalibur Speak:

Stratto

We're each entitled to our opinions.  :)  I picture Excalibur the guy who loves a good brawl, little dash of ignorance, gets excited.  A punk, really.  So Strac, if you got childish, then I portrayed it incorrectly.

Edited by Stratto

Wonder if they're gonna put voice acting into the game, like the ones here. My idea is that they would be said upon:

1. The killing of an enemy (or a group of enemies)

2. Security Lockdown

3. An enemy showing up

4. Objectives/Missions completed

5. Bosses killed

6. Being downed

7. Taking a hit (or several)

8. The option to make your character say a few quick voice commands, like "Up here!" or "No" or maybe a battle cry, like the voice commands in Team Fortress 2.

9. Opening a crate

And so on and so forth.

I like your idea, in ways, but arent they supposed to be ninjas?  From what i know, ninjas are silent killers, not meant to be heard, and lethal on the field (though how Rhino is considered a ninja ill never know).  But if i were to give voices....i would agree with you on the Excal voice (cocky, strong willed), and the Rhino voice (kind of deep, sure of himself).  Try more of a ummm, Jock? maybe...ummm young movie star?...something along those lines for Excal....but try to leave out accents, these guys ARE from the "future" and are from space (or a mixture of accents, so as not to really be a "certain" accent).  But all in all, i think you did goo xD.

I don't like the sound of your voice, it sounds childish

Just a little advice for future posts....try not to be so rude about it, there is a right way to say something, and a wrong way.  If you dont like it, then you dont like it, but the way you put this makes you seem rude and inconsiderate. 

Good effort, but I really don't think either of these voices fit their image quite well. 

First thing I have to ask is, why does Rhino have a Russian accent? I also think he needs a deeper and gruntier voice which would represent brute strength.

As for Excalibur, I feel like he is a calm and collected warrior, not a stubborn or flamboyant-sounding guy. He should sound quiet, serious, and reserved.

Just a little advice for future posts....try not to be so rude about it, there is a right way to say something, and a wrong way.  If you dont like it, then you dont like it, but the way you put this makes you seem rude and inconsiderate. 

but I wanted to be rude and inconsiderate.

Excalibur sounds like an anime fifteen year old. And what made you think Rhino is Russian? ...

that was my point = "childish voice"

As for Excalibur, I feel like he is a calm and collected warrior, not a stubborn or flamboyant-sounding guy. He should sound quiet, serious, and reserved.

I said cool angry knight but we are thinking similar

Edited by Strac_CRO

The arguments spawning up here is the exact reason why the developers didn't do voice acting, outside of the costs and the vibe of the game. People are going to interpret characters differently, it comes with how the player is immersed in warframe currently.

Adding a voice now isn't going to fly because everyone assumes a personal voice for their character. Better they be left voiceless.

Nice work putting the effort to do something like this, it's a lot more than most people do.

Edited by G3rman

but I wanted to be rude and inconsiderate.

that was my point = "childish voice"

I said cool angry knight but we are thinking similar

And why does he sound childish? He's got the body of  20+ year old model...