Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orikin Reactor & Catalyst

EvilRussianBear

=======================================================================================================

Lol,who is this?  Because I've also been there done that and anyone that thinks that supercharged items don't make things a S#&$ ton more viable is out of their mind.

And no, the game actually doesn't give you the option to play many hours a day and get catalysts.  It gives you a chance of being on at the right time, but the amount of time you're playing actually means very little in terms of getting the stuff you need from alerts.

The game only had a couple hundred concurrent users during closed beta for a reason, it wasn't for a lack of beta keys handed out or the difficulty of the game.  It was progression.  When the pro system was still going in there were daily threads about it.  And people made the same exact arguments about entitlement about a system that locked half of a weapons upgrade tree, and the 4th skill on frames were locked behind a pay wall.  DE didn't change to the catalyst system out philanthropy, they did it because a super majority of the player base did not like it and had indicated they would probably stop playing the game if it stayed.  They also probably saw incredibly high turn over rates on new players who hit a wall in terms of progress. 

When the steam numbers settle down and more people start stagnating, the player numbers will begin to drop just like they do for every game after they've been in open beta/release for a while.  It's the content and monetization schemes that determine how many players they'll keep.  If things stay as they are, there's a decent chance they won't hold on to as many players as they'd like to.

People always scream about entitlement in every f2p game when people ask for the game to follow an actual f2p model.  And then the devs/publisher agree with their knigths and watch their populations bleed out.  The most successful f2p games and most of the new big name f2p titles all let players actively work towards earning anything that affects gameplay.  Games that don't do that are just going to lose players to new titles.

Yes, supercharged weapons/warframes make things easier. Is it impossible to beat the game content without it however? You can't tell me that it is cause many people expressed they don't need it to beat the content. The difference is how easly you do it and consequently how fast you can do it. It does not change the factthat you can do do it without supercharging.

Yes, I've said it before. If you have the time you can get it in game, if you don't have the time because hey, people work. Well then shelling out 4 euros or 5 dollars isn't a big deal is it? It helps the company.

I don't know how it was on closed beta, I know it had a tree and they removed it in favor of this new system and so far as I can tell, it works pretty well and they buisness model so far deserves nothing but praises. If there is anything wrong with the current mods system right now is it's usabillity which just lets you have pages of mods to scroll without an end. I'm sure they will address that eventually.

And you're right about the buisness practice. It determines whether or not the game will go far but consider this. You can get literally anything in the game by just playing and the one thing which is relativelly hard to obtain in the game is so dirty cheap that anyone, even a kid can throw enough money to buy it in most cases. That alone should speak very well for their buisness practice. The only thing you can't have by playing is convineince options sunce as having stuff early, or slots. And customisation options like colour palettes. They went as far as giving out the skins in randoms. I understand some of them do have a practical bonus, but even those that don't are given.

Lastly yes I know you and some others who agree with you have bought those founders packs but really, you're a drop in the ocean. Don't try to compare it with the people who spend 4 or 9 euros becaus the amounts are huge and they get it every now and then. These people would stop buying everything and the income DE has would drop like a stone. Then the game will inneviatably close.

Okay. just to give you an idea of what they would have to cost to make it realistic in the long run.  A player can easily earn over 250k credits in a day right now.  In order to maintain a long term profitability on the game at a most basic, I would imagine they'd have to make ORs and OCs cost somewhere around 1.5 million+.

yeah. right. Im not that good with the actual credit farm thing ^^

But around 1.5 million sounds pretty fair.

I still think the same way: Potatoes dont need to be purchasable with credits. But if they ever add something like that. It should cost a bazillion credits or so to make the "real money" attractive. And if people now say: "But 1.5 million credits is so much". Let me ask you that. If its even too much to pay 5 dollars to support a game that would actually cost 60 bucks, do you really think you would get all the stuff that easy.....

You know my two cents worth isn't much but I have played other f2p games, and there pay scales are horrid!  I was very happy to see that this game was BEYOND reasonable, and I thought that I HAD to buy the reactors, and did not mind paying the dollar fifty or whatever for them.  In fact I will most likely invest a bit of money JUST because I like this game, and it does not require me to spit out money every other day to get items that I HAVE to have because without them I die in one hit and have to start over.  I know that some people refer to games like that as pay to win, but it is all the same just these games have really harsh pay scales.  This game is about the most laid back f2p game I have ever seen, and I really like this game and plan to invest at least another 200 dollars to help insure  that it keeps going!

Again... Just my two cents.

Well DE made a good job. If people are crying for free orkins the will pay in the long run. That waht the devs want! Make such a good game that players will pay for it. I like this game so i paid for it. You can test it and you know what you get, thats pretty fair!

DE has to make money as every compan. the only problem is, that you don't see how much cash google gets for your personal datas. Google isn't free, they are just so clever that you don't realise that you are paying.

Just curious. What are the people asking for change trying to fix?

What is the underlying issue here?

Also what the heck inspired the 'potato' talk? It's confusing to people who are trying to catch up on the thread/subject matter/underlying issue.

From what I gather the problem everyone is trying to solve "difficulty of completing levels/missions" and a component to ease difficulty... the orikin reactor/catalyst/potato.

So far the first and only issue I've ever had with these items is this thread. I've been lucky and unlucky with completing tasks without platinum, and it has made me appreciate the crafting element of this game even more. The lack of certain schematics from the store has me contacting friends more often asking if they have missions (being social omfg), and when I don't get what I want from it I still get other things. I am still given the ability to pursue other goals, and I still remain vigilant to my original goal all the while remembering that because its a major goal I feel even better that it was a rewarding struggle.

To recap I gather the issue people have might not be the availability of the orikin items at all, but instead people simply want something to make their struggle feel more rewarding. That's a tough nut to crack, and I wonder if all of the players voicing concern are really broadening their scope of vision to encompass this game as a growing set of variables. If the devs add a way to circumvent the plat-less struggle with some other form of currency then how will the user appreciate the item and its importance. How will the value of discovery change?

Discovery of the importance of the item has largely been negated. Most people know what it does, and those who do not have these items feel a demand for it. This is a lot like any resource. This makes me feel like it is serving its purpose.

I find myself contemplating what problem is it that folks are trying to solve.

I find that the solution is already in place, and really the request is for another avenue to the solution.

There's nothing saying that another path can't be made, but why make another path when there is already an easy and a hard road? Nothing about these questions I feel are easy to answer.If the catalyst/reactor/potato becomes such an issue maybe another system needs to come into place. A system where weapons/frames have an upgrade path and schematics to achieve that path but are specific for that warframe/weapon. The idea of upgrade schematics being rare and possibly exchangeable between users is a delicious thought.

Edited by Slumbering

Posted for proof that reactors are not REQUIRED to play.

Edit: If anyone has any doubts then I'll do it with again with a mod power 30 excalibur/loki/mag with mk-1 braton, lato and skana.

Edited by J-Pax