The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"sitting Down In Seiza"-Animation

Thanor

So I really like the sitting down animation of the warframe, and the loginscreen and that stuff, but sitting down in seiza is done the other way around, let me explain:

If you sit down in seiza, you put down your left leg first, not the right one. The reason for that is, to be able to draw your sword from your hip even while sitting down. If you sit down with the right leg first, you would have to cut your left leg to draw your sword. Standing up from seiza is the inverted animation, you stand up with your right leg first, so you can draw your sword from your hip immediately while standing up. Bushi always had to be prepared for an attack.

I know, Tenno don't wear their swords on the hip, but it's common to do it that way, because it went from "it has to be like this, to draw your sword properly" to manifested tradition.

I hope it's going to be implemented, as it seems you would only have to invert the animation (though i don't know your engine of course, could be terribly hard to implement ;). It's a pleasure helping a dev team improving an awesome game like this. Keep it up!

- a budoka, studying computer science and Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu among others