Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Solution To Kubrows Permanently Dying When They Reach 0% Genetic Stability

Gammaion

You really don't get the point. If you don't care at all for your 'virtual pet' then don't invest in it to begin with.

What about the statement below then? How do you explain it: 

Do people really don't have the time to check DNA integrity when they play? Man you really must be busy as hell.

I hope you never get a real pet, if you can't even check in on this one at least every five days or put it into stasis before you depart for a longer leave.

Disagreement is happening. Why?

-Scavenger (I love my credits)

-Pack Leader

-Infinite revive potential (as opposed to one regen mod and that's it)

-Aesthetics

-More specialization can be beneficial (i.e. Unleashed tackling and pinning VIPs, ferocity finished downed enemies, etc.)

Maybe if Kubrows worked perfectly, but they don't. They work very irregular.

Examples:

Scavenger, 90% chance to open containers, grabs maybe...5 containers in 10 minutes. Master Thief works always, no cooldown.

Infinite revives? Sure, if you actually notice and can find your kubrow. Have had multiple times where there was no warning at all and I just noticed my Kubrow missing, only to find out he was already dead.

-Or he is at the last 5 seconds of revive and he is nowhere to be found, only to find him 3 meters behind me at the last second without any outlining at all making him near invisible, he dies.

He attacks, sometimes. Sometimes he just stands there taking hits for god knows how long before even thinking about moving a paw. 

The tackling VIPs is really kind of useless, for what I have noticed it only works on capture targets. I'd rather have another damage ability or whatever.

Kubrows could be nice, but in their current form they are quite annoying instead of useful.

Reducing the DNA cost would help a ton as well, 100k is way too much.

Edited by BrainInvader

Do people really don't have the time to check DNA integrity when they play? Man you really must be busy as hell.

I hope you never get a real pet, if you can't even check in on this one at least every five days or put it into stasis before you depart for a longer leave.

Yes it is bad to lose a reactor and/or formas, but you know you would do lose them. Just pay some attention.

-edit-

If you keep your Kubrow on at least 60% (due to stabilizers restoring 40%), then you have 7 days if anything happens to your connection.

Hey man, its just a solution to the problem. I don't think its fair to lose all that forever. I have a lot of stuff going on in real life (such as looking after a real dog).

I've seen a lot of people complaining about the potential of their Kubrow being lost when their genetic stability hits 0%. This means when an Orokin Reactor/Forma is/are installed, it will be lost forever along with the Kubrow.

Perhaps when a Kubrow reaches 0% genetic stability, you will receive a warning message from Ordis (A popup message/message in the mail is also sufficient) about critical genetic stability levels in your Kubrow. You will also be urged to buy stabilizers. The Kubrow will be put into stasis and can not be used until its genetic stability reaches a safe level.

Another solution to this would be to return the Orokin Reactor/Forma in the mail when the Kubrow dies.

Thoughts? I personally think that this will solve/remedy the tamagotchi-esque problem.

I agree with the first option. I would be gutted if I ever lost Jasper because I couldn't log in for too long.

+1

The consequences are far too unforgiving, which is why I made this thread in the first place. A lot of people have a life and responsibilities to attend to, so why should we be left out of enjoying a feature in the game?

I would release it into the wild if I could but we don't have that option :D.

indeed that a much needed function that i still don't get how escaped their attention

The cost of DNA stabilizers need to be reduced to 10,000 credits or so, 100k is unacceptable.

its 100k for 6 shots so its like 12.5k each day which is not much. and you cna always put him on stasis

Another solution to this would be to return the Orokin Reactor/Forma in the mail when the Kubrow dies.

awful idea why dont they also return formas and reactors of weapons sold while theyre at it.

Loyalty however, is a bit stupid, regaining loyalty by petting your Kubrow? No thanks, I'd like a more in-depth system that bases how you and your Kubrow perform in missions as a factor in loyalty. Playing with your Kubrow should either have a minimal impact, or only for aesthetics.

loyalty is just the name of the systems that replaces continues for kubrows marked at 3 a day instead of 4, the problem is not the system but what you take it for given its name

The consequences are far too unforgiving, which is why I made this thread in the first place. A lot of people have a life and responsibilities to attend to, so why should we be left out of enjoying a feature in the game?

That's a bad argument to use: if you "have a life and responsibilities to attend to" then you shouldn't be playing a game in the first place. Learn to balance time, if not even an hour a week, even five minutes, just to log in, stab it with DNA and log off.

The cost of DNA stabilizers need to be reduced to 10,000 credits or so, 100k is unacceptable.

Furthermore, Kubrows should be put into Stasis if they are at 0%, and should instead just be unavailable to use until they are injected with more Vitamin C.

Loyalty however, is a bit stupid, regaining loyalty by petting your Kubrow? No thanks, I'd like a more in-depth system that bases how you and your Kubrow perform in missions as a factor in loyalty. Playing with your Kubrow should either have a minimal impact, or only for aesthetics.

/thread

First, no, second, no, and third, you can't /thread your own comment. 

awful idea why dont they also return formas and reactors of weapons sold while theyre at it.

Except you aren't selling the Kubrow. The Kubrow with the reactor/forma dies permanently presumably against your will. All of that is wasted.

That's a pretty awful comparison, by the way.

That's a bad argument to use: if you "have a life and responsibilities to attend to" then you shouldn't be playing a game in the first place. Learn to balance time, if not even an hour a week, even five minutes, just to log in, stab it with DNA and log off.

And what if a players computer dies, through no fault of their own? They lose a huge plat/credit investment, in the name of helping a small minority of players' sense of "immersion".

Edited by roroberry

And what if a players computer dies, through no fault of their own? They lose a huge plat/credit investment, in the name of helping a small minority of players' sense of "immersion".

Yes, and as a person mentioned previously in the thread, a sudden storm/bad weather/event? I don't want to lose my beloved Kubrow forever.

This kind of poorly executed system is not justifiable. Why do you so vigorously defend it, Etsoree? People could invest money/plat/time/reactor/forma into a Kubrow, and then it happens to die forever. That's not fair, and it is also the reason why I came up with this idea in the first place.

Edited by Gammaion

Yes, and as a person mentioned previously in the thread, a sudden storm/bad weather/event? I don't want to lose my beloved Kubrow forever.

This kind of poorly executed system is not justifiable. Why do you so vigorously defend it, Etsoree? People could invest money/plat/time/reactor/forma into a Kubrow, and then it happens to die forever. That's not fair, and it is also the reason why I came up with this idea in the first place.

Except you don't even know if that's what happens or not.

It's just "This thing might happen and that would be bad!" You're just speculating and complaining about a hypothetical. That's not feedback. You may as well just make up any condition to complain about. What if being shot while using Dread made the bowstring snap!? That would be terrible! That's a bad design choice! Does it happen, well no, but it might!

It's just "This thing might happen and that would be bad!" You're just speculating and complaining about a hypothetical. That's not feedback. You may as well just make up any condition to complain about. What if being shot while using Dread made the bowstring snap!? That would be terrible! That's a bad design choice! Does it happen, well no, but it might!

I do know that is what happens because dataminers leaked information on a Reddit thread.

Have a read: http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2b9xhc/will_the_kubrow_die_in_incubator_if_afk/cj3bjrj

Edited by Gammaion

I do know that is what happens because dataminers leaked information on a Reddit thread.

Have a read: http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2b9xhc/will_the_kubrow_die_in_incubator_if_afk/cj3bjrj

Maybe you should read that yourself. Nothing there says anything about "death at 0%". And if you bothered to look at the actual Kubrow stability meter, it goes from +100 to -100. Not just 100 to 0.

So no. You don't know that's what happens.

Maybe you should read that yourself. Nothing there says anything about "death at 0%". And if you bothered to look at the actual Kubrow stability meter, it goes from +100 to -100. Not just 100 to 0.

So no. You don't know that's what happens.

Regardless if you believe that this is the truth or not, someone earlier in the thread has already volunteered to see what happens when a Kubrow hits 0% genetic stability. He rushed the egg with platinum, so, until then!

EDIT: I refer to -100 as 0%, by the way, apologies for the confusion!

Edited by Gammaion

Some people say this; 100%=Full Health+Bonus, 50%=Full Health, no bonus, 0%=No health whatsoever.

Yes, it's confusing and, in a way, misleading when you don't know that's what they mean.

Regardless if you believe that this is the truth or not, someone earlier in the thread has already volunteered to see what happens when a Kubrow hits 0% genetic stability. He rushed the egg with platinum, so, until then!

EDIT: I refer to -100 as 0%, by the way, apologies for the confusion!

...Except you've been arguing from the position that you might have a "Storm" or something that interrupts your ability to access the game. If a storm knocks out your power and internet for 10 days, your Kubrow is the least of your problems.

...Except you've been arguing from the position that you might have a "Storm" or something that interrupts your ability to access the game. If a storm knocks out your power and internet for 10 days, your Kubrow is the least of your problems.

Yes, because I believe what was leaked on that Reddit thread is true. You, however, do not, which is why I am telling you to wait for the volunteer to provide information.

Permanent death is stupid! If I wanted to play virtual pet I would get a gigapet. I think DE really messed up on this one. This is a game of swords, guns, and ninjas not doggy daycare. Not even games like pokemon will punish you for not using a pokemon. What your Pikachu will die? Give me a Break DE we are not little kids we are grown people! We play these games for leisure.  Whats next Call of Duty is going to penalize you for not taking care your virtual dog. What the heck!

Edited by OrphanMaker

Permanent death is stupid! If I wanted to play virtual pet I would get a gigapet. I think DE really messed up on this one. This is a game of swords, guns, and ninjas not doggy daycare. Not even games like pokemon will punish you for not using a pokemon. What your Pikachu will die? Give me a Break DE we are not little kids we are grown people! We play these games for leisure.  Whats next Call of Duty is going to penalize you for not taking care your virtual dog. What the heck!

You said it!