Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Noob Here So Forgive My Question Sniper?

Kantazo

I played Defiance for a week or so and I found that as drops or prizes for finishing missions or buying it from the store, you could buy things like sights for your rifle (sniper) items to reduce recoil, magazine with more capacities for extra ammo, etc Do we have anything like this in this game? Are mods something similar to this option?, Do we have sniper rifles here?

I asked because that was my favorite profession in defiance and here I am playing Excalibur and I have a riffle but when I zoom to take head shots the sight is not as accurate or zoom enough like an actual sniper. Are any mods that improves this?

Mods are similar, although we don't have any that affect zoom or weapon accuracy, yet... New mods will be introduced in the future, and the Devs already mentioned we may have seasons or series of mods as time goes on, so I would expect to see things like this show up, especially when we get into more weapon specialty mods (ie: exploding arrow mod for the bow)

Also there is currently one sniper rifle, and a bow, which is a sniper class weapon as well, although functionaly very different. Oh and the Latron is a quite accurate semi auto rifle which may fit what you're looking for as well.

Edited by TinFoilMkIV

From what I've read, there are two "sniper" rifles that use actual sniper rifle ammo.

1. Snipertron

2. A bow (Forgot the name)

From what I've seen in high level videos and what not, most people use the bow instead of the snipertron (I dont know why)

As for mods, I haven't seen any that increase accuracy.

Bow is used a lot because it is relatively new and is very different from any other weapon currently available, basically used a lot for something different. The bow is called the Paris, and it is also currently the only silent weapon, so that could be another reason to use it.

As for a sniper frame, not really sure, although I would imagine you want something with a move to either get away from enemies to close, or straight up kill them. Also excalibur does have superjump, which can make getting to good vantage points easier, although that mainly only really matters in defense missions.

Edited by TinFoilMkIV

From what I've read, there are two "sniper" rifles that use actual sniper rifle ammo.

1. Snipertron

2. A bow (Forgot the name)

From what I've seen in high level videos and what not, most people use the bow instead of the snipertron (I dont know why)

As for mods, I haven't seen any that increase accuracy.

People only use the Bow because it looks good and looks cool when it's stats are terrible and shouldn't be considered a sniper since you really need a good shot at medium range. Overall Snipertron is literally the only legit sniper.

Thank you guys for the input, if I can bother you one more time, sometimes I got a bunch of mods and I use the fusion thing, is that a good thing to do or not?

Sell the cores... They make Fusions cost more and you don't get much from fusing them. Find Mods that are Duplicate ( 2 of the same mods) As a rank 1 mod can shoot to rank 2 and rank 2 needs 2 of the same mods. Farming same mods isn't hard as long as you farm weapons and Warframes along the way.

It's good to a point, some mods are not always worth maxing

Also be aware that you have a limited number of spaces, so you'll need to balance out what the weapon NEEDs to be effective vs all the stuff you'd like on it

Also ignore Savan's advice as with mods like commons that have 10 ranks, you could fuse duplicates into all day and you'll barely see the upgrade bar move once you start hitting tier5/6/7+ and fusing uncommon or rare cores is your only hope of actual leveling the thing

Yeah it'll cost a lot, but you gotta deal if you want the stats

Edited by ShadowsCrush

It's good to a point, some mods are not always worth maxing

Also be aware that you have a limited number of spaces, so you'll need to balance out what the weapon NEEDs to be effective vs all the stuff you'd like on it

True some mods arnt worth maxing like Chest or Enemy Radar mods. Best to sell those since there are artifacts that can replace them and chests arnt hard to find. Warframe and Weapon Mods are the most important as some weapons need a type of mod to improve one of its downfall. Lack of Ammo. Lack or Reload time. Lack of Firing rate. Lack of damage. etc. Accuracy Mods arnt avaible though but there will be more mods in the future

Also to add you can fuse Warframe Mods (Whether different or Same) and still works as a duplicate. Used a bunch of different Warframe Mods that wasn't a duplicate to my volts yet it upgrades them as if they were. So best to keep those.

Edited by Savan

Snipetron hits harder, has significantly higher zoom, but very limited ammo per clip and long reload time

Latron is a semi auto rifle, so less zoom, significantly larger clip and better reload time, I've heard the latron's recoil is harder to control, have yet to use it myself so I cannot say for sure.

Edited by TinFoilMkIV

Get a Lex. It's a pistol, but packs a harder punch than the Snipertron. I wouldn't touch the Snipertron until they either increase its damage or increase the effectiveness of rifle mods. There's some math floating around for the Lex Vs Snipertron, I'll find it for you.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/19389-analysis-of-snipetron-vs-lex-snipetron-is-way-too-weak/?hl=snipertron

Edited by Numbahs

Snipertron is more situational for bosses. Latron is literally a better Automatic Rifle than MK versions. But if you want a Automatic Rifle I say Boltor is the best even if it is hard to come by. right not I got a Boltor and working on the dual gun versions on it... Someone says why do you need 2 of the same weapons that do the samething?

I just did it because if they're hard to come by their worth it. Plus who doesn't want a pair of OP dual guns?

Get a Lex. It's a pistol, but packs a harder punch than the Snipertron. I wouldn't touch the Snipertron until they either increase its damage or increase the effectiveness of rifle mods. There's some math floating around for the Lex Vs Snipertron, I'll find it for you.

I'm already in love with the Aklato for my short-mid range kills :3

I don't mind the reload time if the output damage allows you to kill a mob before the clip runs out giving you time to reload when you move to the next target. For example In defiance there were certain mobs that would die of a direct head shot while others would take like 5 shots and was better to use a machine gun instead of a sniper rifle.

right now Lex is superior to the Snipetron, but that is due to rifle mods being gimped at the moment. When they get rebalanced, that will likely change.

Also a tip, your magazine is actually fully loaded when the reload bar is at 75%, you can interrupt it with another action ( I like to use a quick guard to cancel it) and your weapon will be ready to fire again. Only really useful on the slow reloading weapons like snipertron, but it makes a pretty good difference on them.