Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Noob Here So Forgive My Question Sniper?

Kantazo

Sidearms aren't OP as much as rifle mods are just gimped at the moment. Shotgun mods are just as crazy as pistol mods right now. Base stats on weapons are fairly balanced, but the mods kinda break that as they get to the higher ranks.

Edited by TinFoilMkIV

Sidearms aren't OP as much as rifle mods are just gimped at the moment. Shotgun mods are just as crazy as pistol mods right now. Base stats on weapons are fairly balanced, but the mods kinda break that as they get to the higher ranks.

Well if they increased the power of the main weapons will it be stronger than a sidearm? Or will it be more Balanced towards the sidearm?

Well if they increased the power of the main weapons will it be stronger than a sidearm? Or will it be more Balanced towards the sidearm?

That is entirely a matter of how much they increased the power by. We won't know until it happens. That is also off topic soo...

On Topic Tip: put at least a low rank armor piercing mod on your sniper weapon unless you plan to solely fight infested with it, as most grineer have armor, and Corpus helmets are apparently futuristic bricks of solid steel.

Also all special damage mods scale off of your standard damge, so a mod that increases your normal damage will also increase the ammount of any special damage types.

Hows the accuracy? Does the Burston fall off at a certain distance?

If you meet anyone in the game and asked their opinion on Burston they would just say it isn't as good compared to other weapons. I never used one but this how many people perceive it.

If you meet anyone in the game and asked their opinion on Burston they would just say it isn't as good compared to other weapons. I never used one but this how many people perceive it.

I have to agree, leveled a burston up to 30 and felt like there was nothing that made it better to use than the braton in any situation. It is fairly accurate, but latron is more accurate and hits much harder per shot. Sicarus is in the same boat, I have a feeling it's just a symptom of burst fire in the current state of the game. As to a good sniping gun, grab a latron because it's got super high ammo efficiency and your dps will be higher than snipetron. Swap it out for a hek when you get rank 4, it says it's a shotgun but it might as well be a sniper. The spread is super tight at long range, akin to a shotgun firing slugs instead of pellets.