The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Option For Auto-Stasis For Our Kubrows

Vanadium

I suppose the majority of players don't even want to think about Kubrow death, but one or two "hardcore" mechanics probably won't ruin the game. Even so, a safety net in case of unforeseeable lack of PC/Console access should be implemented. I wouldn't want my creds/plat go down the drain "just because of X".

I'd like for a system no more complicated than the power/timer settings on your laptop:

At -60% Health Degradation (that's 40% of 'normal' health), your Kubrow is automatically placed in Stasis: The big one. -20% is too close for comfort (and would probably bug out, resulting in a Schrodinger's Kubrow), -40% is probably still viable for combat when maxed and modded.

Option to place Kubrow in Stasis on log-out (performed only once per day): And auto-thaw on log in. This has become a regular practice for some. This would be a nice convenience. Since you probably don't stay logged into Warframe from when you wake up to when you hit the sack, this should only be done once in a 24-hour period.

If Player doesn't log into WF for X days, place Kubrow in Stasis: Because stabilizers are a little expensive. Yeah, I can get 100k in less than an hour, but I don't really want another reason to credit grind or just to have my stash cut into. Maybe it's a busy week, maybe some new game came out and you just don't feel like logging in. It would be nice to not have to come back to injecting 80k liquid creds into your spacedoge.

Would help us out and assuage our Kubrow-death fears, while remaining immersive. Just saying.

Edited by Go4tfi5h

Maybe instead of dying, reaching -100% health will simply result in kubrow being weakened and cannot be taken out on mission (no matter the loyalty).

This lessen the need of stasis just to prevent "death".

Or another variant could be to auto-statis upon reaching 100% health during daily update. The player will still be able to take it out of stasis to try to improve the health through items (though need to wait 3 hours?)

And as a means of freeing up stasis slot, there should really be a working "release into wild" or something of the same effect: meaning Kubrows should NEVER die out of neglect, but consciously "released".