Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Would Love To Make Some Songs For Warframe! :d

Bigamo

Hi all!

I was watching the Q&A Stream yesterday on youtube (lost the live one) and someone questioned about musics and asked MOAR MUSICS and the devs agreed.

Well i happened to be a musician and a composer, and i do love the game too. So i would LOVE to make musics for Warframe. I have been trying to get in the videogame market for a while and failed miserably up to this point. :( Every time a conversation grows up it suddenly closes with a producer order to get a big name (in gaming music) to make the scores.

So i just got 2 instrumental songs that i composed and made a recording of game play fighting the jackal.

Plz observe that the songs WERE NOT made for Warframe they were already made, and so there are parts of then that fit the game (in my opinion) and some the DON'T. Anyway i did the videos with the same recording as it is interesting to see how much a music change changes the perception about the game.

The first one is this one. (praying to make the youtube attachment work) and it is a instrumental Rock, someparts of it dont fit, but i like the "overall" result.

You need to keep in mind too, that the music was put from outside the game and so don't "blend" perfectly as if it was running together with the overall audio (that in Warframe case is still a bit to high, imo)

PS: Dear mother of god... those Jackal bombs are insane! :(

And here the same footage with a different song, note that this song overall fit less (in my opinion) the game than the previous one, but there are some parts that sound ok to me. This song was made with Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning in mind as i was trying to talk with then when the sad news about Big Huge Games surfaced. :(

Reminding once again that those songs were NOT made for the game and are not running in the game and as so don't blend super well with the sound being processed together by the game (that would reduce the music volume when the Lotus speaks for instance).

Cheers!

I would prefer more music with drums as ambient sound or while still undetected,

(just an example)

you could give certain faction a genre for instance,

grineer look more brutal, rock would fit quite well

Corpus could use more soft but vile like music

Edited by Morgax

I feel like the music in game comes from the perspective of the Tenno, the drum beats become intense when there is conflict and quiet when we remain unseen. That said, I feel more music in-line with what the game currently has would be more suitable. Great work on those compositions though!

I like the general style of the music in Warframe and i hope they stick with it. I'd rather recommend adding a drone-like track or two. For example, something like this: 

Edited by Novalis

thx for the answers :)

Like i said i  had not made this songs with warframe in mind, it is just an overall skill display :)

if i were to make songs for the game i would do anything that the designers see as fit. ;)

but to be honest right now there is very little music in warframe, its like one chord when not in combat and some drums when in combat, those are great, but some more things would be great.