Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since When Did The Difficulty Went Sky High ?

thegamer118

Yes I'm all for a difficulty slider, as the community really is split on this one...

As it is now solo mode is just a tad too much, difficulty should also scale if you are 1 or 2 or 3 or 4.

I do believe WF is a casual game, I have fun playing and relaxing I don't want this to be stressful and irritating hence we need a slider.

Agreed, I think if both  sides of the aisle came together and put forth a viable suggestion to this effect we may be on to something that would answer an age old problem the entire community has encountered in the game.

And I don't want to stand in the middle of the room one shoting everything or running through an empty map because mobs don't spawn, or have 25 mobs and speed run every mission. 

Now a solution to this would be having a scaling slider that any player can adjust to the difficulty level they desire. it would have to be ratio'd according to the  size of the group. But this would give you the option to easy mode maps, and me the option to play at the level I desire.

Have unlockable difficulty settings for missions : once you clear the star chart completely, you get the option to run "Hard Mode" versions of each mission which has all enemies scaled to your squad's conclave score in the same way it was scaled for the hive missions (enemies hit harder but have the same health / armor as their same level equivalents). Once a mission is cleared on Hard Mode, you get "Legend Mode" for that node which adds more elite enemies, adds new abilities to the bosses' movesets and increases the scaling by 10-25% from your squad's Conclave score.

Edited by Wiegraf

Have unlockable difficulty settings for missions : once you clear the star chart completely, you get the option to run "Hard Mode" versions of each mission which has all enemies scaled to your squad's conclave score in the same way it was scaled for the hive missions (enemies hit harder but have the same health / armor as their same level equivalents). Once a mission is cleared on Hard Mode, you get "Legend Mode" for that node which adds more elite enemies, adds new abilities to the bosses' movesets and increases the scaling by 10-25% from your squad's Conclave score.

That is a good idea, apply that to every map right? instead of the one or two per planet it is now. "standard mode" = normal scaling, "hard mode" = elevated difficulty based on conclave, "legandary mode= more elite mobs, +% elevated  above conclave rating. Then the nightmare maps, which could actually stay as  is. and/or even have those scale to the same degree as standard/void/derelict maps. Unlockable through playthrough. Very solid idea.

That is a good idea, apply that to every map right? instead of the one or two per planet it is now. "standard mode" = normal scaling, "hard mode" = elevated difficulty based on conclave, "legandary mode= more elite mobs, +% elevated  above conclave rating. Then the nightmare maps, which could actually stay as  is. and/or even have those scale to the same degree as standard/void/derelict maps. Unlockable through playthrough. Very solid idea.

Yeah, I think "Nightmare Hard Mode" or "Nightmare Legend Mode" would be a bit too overkill.

Especially since some Nightmare mode effects increase enemy damage and/or removes your shields; with the added damage, you'd have an army of one-hit killing, aimbot using Grineers.

And yeah, applicable to all nodes.

Edited by Wiegraf

Yeah, I think "Nightmare Hard Mode" or "Nightmare Legend Mode" would be a bit too overkill.

Especially since some Nightmare mode effects increase enemy damage and/or removes your shields; with the added damage, you'd have an army of one-hit killing, aimbot using Grineers.

Yeah who even plays nightmare mode ?

Got all the mods and never touched it again, some people like dying it seems...

yea the nightmare modes probably should stay as  is, they are already pretty tough.

Don't forget the hitscan!

Im totally fine with scaling as long as it has atleast has a limit for the armor, we don't even have armor-ignore weapons anymore since they removed Serrated blade in damage 2.0.

I think it also important to look at rewards scaling too with this idea

normal mode = standard mobs, standard drop ratios

hard mode = elevated difficulty scaled to conclave score, 10% increase to rewards (xp,credits,resources)

heroic(legendary)mode= scaled mobs +% above conclave score, 15% increase to rewards

for groups, this would simply be a ratio of conclaves for hard and legendary mode- (hypothetical) 4 players, 1000 conclave rating-

4/1000=250*25%(mobs conclave  rating), for heroic, for legendary, make it 4/1000*50%. or something a  long those lines.

% applies to damage output, armor, shields, number of mobs over all, number of elite mobs.

This would  give incentive to work at the harder modes, and reward players accordingly for the effort.

Edited by -LTO-Malachi

I don't know if 10%-15% increased rewards is gonna give anyone incentive to do those modes to be honest. The people who do it for the extra challenge will do it regardless, and everyone else won't bother with the heavily increased difficulty for such a small bonus. Better make it like 25%-40% or something

I don't know if 10%-15% increased rewards is gonna give anyone incentive to do those modes to be honest. The people who do it for the extra challenge will do it regardless, and everyone else won't bother with the heavily increased difficulty for such a small bonus. Better make it like 25%-40% or something

True, Im guessing at the whole scaling math personally lol, but thats why we have awesome developers who could do those  numbers more appropriately heh.